Old 06-16-2005, 01:23 PM   #1  
I'm lovin my scale

Default Looking for yoga

HI all,
I've been doing yoga consistently for about 6mo now and i guess i'm at an intermediate level, so i'm looking for a new video. While the one i have is still a little challenging, i'd like something new, cause i gotta admit i'm getting a bored. Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Christine
imsexydamnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 01:44 PM   #2  

Hi there --

I like the videos I've gotten from Gaiam for the most part. My favorite is Yoga for Weight Loss. You can order directly from the company at www.gaiam.com. They have lots of others to choose from, too. Just a note, though: I find that the shorter yoga practices (like the AM and PM type series) really move faster than I like to in my practice. Although I do have a Rodney Yee "yoga for backs" tape that's not a long workout but isn't too fast. I don't have a bad back but I like this workout!
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 09:37 AM   #3  
Princess Kittyfluff

Oh my fluff, yes. I love Rodney Yee. AM Yoga is sooo relaxing. Perfect sound on it, and he's quiet and relaxed and easy to listen to while you follow along.

I really need to get back into yoga, I miss it a lot. I only stopped because my cats think the yoga mat is for them. :P
lunameow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 12:09 AM   #4  
Empress/Queen

I used to have a lot of Wai Lana (sp?) vids ... gave 'em away (sadly) when I stopped using a VCR. She is very soothin' to me and I love the tapes for their sound and color ... the yoga's a little strange, but I like the workouts.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 03:50 AM   #5  

You could try Denise Austin's Power Yoga Plus. It's pretty intense!
Lolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 04:47 PM   #6  

I really like videos by Sara Ivanhoe and Yoga Zone.

Sherry
suzie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 09:15 AM   #7  

Look up Kripalu on the web.. i think its www.kripalu.com.. there is a center in Lenox Mass that sells videos - start with the Gentle flow if you are a beginner.. or if not they have other more strenuous options. Also if you are a morning person with Cable ! - try the Inhale yoga flow in the AM on the Oxygen network - Eastern Time - is on at 6AM.

S_inthebigcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 12:17 AM   #8  

Hi!

I LOVE Sarah Ivanhoe in the CRUNCH workout video. I've had it for months (maybe a year) and I'm still not tired of it.

~ralph
ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 02:30 PM   #9  
Karen

Looking for a very basic dvd. Just starting out. Need to work of flex and joints. Thanks for any input.

Karen
fitnessweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 03:58 PM   #10  

Hi,
I am yoga instructor and my favourite video of all ages is
Total yoga with Ganga White & Tracey Rich

I have tons of Rodney Yee tapes and they are all great! I like his intermediate series as they are quite challenging. I (remarkably) love Kathy Smith video - I can not find on google the one I am having - I guess it is now called New Yoga and I remeber it was intermediate level. Please note that I am not Kathy's fan at all but she definitely challenges enough in her yoga series.

Crunches yoga is great as workout but IMHO it is lacking spiritially a lot!
Hope it helps,
Sandy.
Sashenka is offline   Reply With Quote