Old 05-28-2005, 10:09 PM   #1  
WW Moderator

Default Calling Video Fanatics!

We have a new forum just for those of you that love to exercise at home!
If you need suggestions, want to offer reviews, or have any questions at all, this will be the place to be.

One reminder. We don't allow buying or selling on 3FC, because we can't be responsible for bad sales. If you want to buy or sell, we suggest ebay.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 04:30 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 8.5"

I really enjoy Leslie Sansones walk at home tapes. They are easy to learn and easy to adjust to your own abilities. I am using both the "Walk & Firm Fat Burner - 2 Mile In-Home Walking" and the "2 mile walk" and am looking forward to trying some others.
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 11:15 AM   #3  
prepare for the BEST time

I've been a "Firm Believer" lately......but it's a tough thing to do....sometimes I don't get through the whole cardio-tape...

I'm also a big Tae-Bo fan....
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 06:17 PM   #4  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Thumbs up

Great addition to the lineup, Jennifer! I'm really glad to see this! With only about 15 exercise videos, I'm just a beginner "vidiot," so I'm looking forward to sharing with others here.

As always, thanks for providing such a great, evolving community!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 04:57 PM   #5  

Sara,

I'm so glad to see you here! I will check back into the 100 plus soon..my eating has been awful.

I have a large collection of exercise dvd/videos, so if you have questions about anything, please ask!

Take care,
Sherry (suzie76)
suzie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 01:36 PM   #6  

Smile

My first exercise dvd was Leslie Sansone. I had it for a year or so before I seriously started using it. It's a 3-dvd set that includes the Miracle Mile, a 2-mile and a 4-mile walk. I fondly remember that the one mile killed me for a while.

You quickly get bored so I started trying a few more. I hate, hate, hate the Prevention walking one. Gave it away. The woman..Michelle something...just irked me. Funny how the person on the dvd can make it or break it.

I bought a few more Leslie Sansone sets...I like her style...not chirpy or perky or airheaded like some. And she seems to have real people, although a few of them I can't stand looking at.

I have a Karen Voigt stretch dvd that I like a whole lot.

My two most recent additions are Kathie Smith Lift Weights and Lose Weight and Denise Austin's personal training one. Kathie gives a great workout but she's a little over the top hyper-wise. Denise is just, well...a LOT over the top.

My problem now is picking the one I want to use each day. I have trouble making up my mind!

Dinah
Dinahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 01:52 PM   #7  

Default I need more videos!

I am just starting out with workout videos. I got married a year ago and I guess I was too in love to notice the pounds pile on. I don't have a lot of money being a newly wed so a gym pass was not an option. I have about 4 videos and I am ready for a new one. I want one with cardio and weights. I do have the Denise Austin personal trainer one and it is good..even though she is way spunky. any suggestions?
lollypopkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 01:06 PM   #8  

Default Hi All

This is my first post so I want to say hello to everyone.

Anyway, I've been a video exerciser on and off for years (finally back on) and have quite a few tapes coming out of my ears! My one of my favorites, first and foremost, is the classic Firm series (I don't like the new Firms and I'm ready to sell those tapes). I have the original clamshell case volumes, some of the Firm Parts (Not-So Tough Aerobics being my absolute favorite that kickstarted my exercise program) and some of the later 90's videos. At the moment I'm trying to dub over some of my tapes to DVD to save on continued tape wear.

Coming in 2nd in my collection is Cathe Freidrich. While most of her stuff is super advanced and her step tapes can be confusingly dancy (I lack the room and the coordination to do the moves), I like her friendly demeanor, her tough weighlifting tapes and the Intensity Max series. The only person I know who can murder you with a smile .

I like Kathy Kaehler and her no nonsense style - but she doesn't put out enough tapes for me. I have some classic Kathy Smith (big hair and all) as well as a few odds and ends like Idrea's Larger Woman's Workout (1987) and the dangerous Jane Fonda's Workout (1982).

For me, exercising at home allows me so much freedom. I can modify when I need to, do my workout at anytime day or night and I don't have to invest in workout wear (**** - do it in your underwear!). No need to feel self-concious, just pop in a tape and go!
Tracy

Runt6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 01:32 PM   #9  

As a yoga instructor I have tons of yoga and pilates tapes and DVDs (total yoga beeing my fav, as well as intermediate Rodney Yee and intemediate kathy Smith new Yoga challenge). On the cardio side I get bored way too fast (espesially WATP - no pun intended but I am still baffled how so many people can stick with it - after my first time I never put it on again plus my heart rate did not even raise after supershallenge ?)

I use library tapes for cardio. It gives you some bad and some good ones (and I do not have to remember the name - just pick handfull on every visit and surprize myself with it ), but I noticed that now after years of exercise I need superchallenge to actually feel it. Kathy Smith - long hair or short, dance or superchallenge is not enough so to say ! So far I found Cindy Crawford parts a bit challenging, other that that I just plainly put video on and end up brisk walking on the treadmill watching the video OR skipping my rope!
Sashenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 08:31 PM   #10  
one leg press at a time

I love the pre Goodtimes Firm workouts, but have the newer ones as well for variety and the shoerter ones are great for time constraints.
I also love WHFN Fitprime workouts and hope to soon be able ot do the Kickbutt workouts also put out by WHFN. These were created by Anna & Cynthia Benson who created The Firm which has always kicked me into shape quickly.
Firmgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 08:50 PM   #11  

Since I first posted here back in July, I've bought a few more that I like. I really like Karen Voigt's Burn and Firm. I like her quiet non-jock style. I also bought Leslie Sansone's Power Firm/Power Walk combo. The combo packages just give you more for your money. On Denise Austin's Personal Trainer, I like the strength training part, but not the cardio.

If any of them don't give you enough of a workout, you can always do them twice or combine them with others. If three miles isn't enough, just add more miles. Add 2 pound weights to any WATP to increase intensity.

Tonight I combined KV's Burn and Firm, which is a 45-minute circuit, with her 40 minute Pure and Simple Stretch.

It's a great idea to check them out from the library. That way you can try them out without spending the $$$.
Dinahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 03:35 PM   #12  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

I am a Leslie Sansone girl. Much to my husband's dismay, my collection grew over the summer (I'm a teacher) thanks to ebay! I love to have the variety to choose somehting different each time. I have the original WATP set, the Abs set and the Express set. In addition, I have the 4 mile Express plus the Power Walk series as well as the Muscle Mile, both Walk Strongs, Walk Away the Stress and the Deluxe Walk with the Weight Loss Walk. Oh and I forgot about the 2 mile Live with Florine Marks! I don't do the same one twice in the same week unless I want to!

I tried the Walk Your Way Slim with Michele somebody and hated it. Nothing else comes close to the simplicity of Leslie's moves! I also have one of her CD's for when I'm outside or on the treadmill.

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:33 PM   #13  
cals. in v. cals. out

S/C/G: 157/151/130

Height: 5'6

I'm a big fan of Jari Love esp if you like to workout with dumbells at home. She's tough but I just started off with really light weights 3lbs, 5 is my heaviest. She's really straight forward, not overly peppy, the videos that have cardio aren't complicated. I finish each tape feeling like I just had an extremely intense yet doable session with a trainer.
nomorefatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 07:59 PM   #14  
What's this button do?

S/C/G: 323/282/150

Height: 5'6"

I love workout videos! It's pretty much the only way I'll purposely exercise, especially in the winter months. Dinahgirl, I like Karen's Burn and Firm too (only done it once so far, but I know I like it because I like pretty much anything Karen puts out). A great resource for video information is Collage Video. They put out a totally informative catalog.

I'm beginner/intermediate level so there aren't a whole lot of videos that are appropriate for me, but I find them. I began doing them a few months ago again with my sister, and the "homepage" link if you click my username goes to my blog where I blather on about different videos.

Love: Karen Voight, Petra Kolber (to an extent), Crunch (mostly)
Loathe: Denise Austin, Kathy Smith, Donna Richardson

Styles + : low impact, dancy routines, sometimes athletic routines, best music is rock (as on Your Personal Best)
Styles - : fast footwork (I'm not agile enough yet ), ab work!, videos with too-short or nonexistent warmup/cooldown

Also, I thought I loathed Leslie Sansone but maybe I don't. Some days I'd just like to march around and not think too hard—her videos are good for that, right?
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 11:03 PM   #15  

Hey! Some Karen Voight fans! I post on a lot of weight-loss, exercise boards, and never hear of anyone else using her tapes. I have Smooth Moves, which I love, and Energy Sprint, which is more intense but still a winner.

I'm also a big Cathe fan, although she kicks my butt *LOL*
Remotely is offline   Reply With Quote