Old 01-08-2015, 12:47 PM   #46  

Was thinking today when doing Leslie, how she talks the whole time. Don't think I could do that.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 08:06 PM   #47  

Got my hubby to do the flexibility walk. Yeah!
Old 01-09-2015, 01:26 AM   #48  

Started Walk Away the Pounds tonight. Just doing the one mile walk for now.
autumn_owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 06:21 AM   #49  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jivejazz8 View Post
I know this is an unhealthy attitude towards exercise, but anyone remember how much weight they lost with leslei/just walking and in how much time.
I am so embarrassed, just 4 days into exercising and already waiting for results. Some things don't change:-P
I started with Leslie in July 2013 and at the same time started calorie counting using MFP. I was down to my goal of 150 in February 2014. I did the Leslie videos six days a week and sometimes seven days a week. Did them every morning, before I had a chance to have any excuse not to do them. It was the first exercise program I ever stuck with, and I credit Leslie with making it fun for me. I went into maintenance in Feb and lost another eight by June and have been maintaining that since.
Then last summer I was out of town for a month and I couldn't do the videos where I was staying and that's how I started running. I now am using Leslie's videos for the stretching mainly and if for some reason I can't run I will use a 45 minute video. Then in August I started biking with my husband and strength training with a Personal trainer.
So... 46 pounds in seven months. And 8 more over the next four months. I started noticing the loss in August. I couldn't fit into anything at that point.
I have never been as in shape as I am now! And it all started because of Leslie!
CalCounter1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 06:22 AM   #50  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolr3639 View Post
Got my hubby to do the flexibility walk. Yeah!
Yay!
I have a strength training after school today.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:23 AM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumn_owl View Post
Started Walk Away the Pounds tonight. Just doing the one mile walk for now.
Welcome Autumn!
That's how I started off. Then eventually I got to threes mlies a day.
Old 01-09-2015, 10:07 AM   #52  

Autumn. Sharon, I would like to get my dh to exercise on these cold nights. Better than sitting. He gets a lot of exercise being a farmer and a vet.

Last edited by carolr3639; 01-09-2015 at 10:08 AM.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:46 PM   #53  

Light walk, tummy trimmer, lower body blast, and flexibility walk.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:40 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 196/195/150

Height: 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalCounter1003 View Post
I started with Leslie in July 2013 and at the same time started calorie counting using MFP. I was down to my goal of 150 in February 2014. I did the Leslie videos six days a week and sometimes seven days a week. Did them every morning, before I had a chance to have any excuse not to do them. It was the first exercise program I ever stuck with, and I credit Leslie with making it fun for me. I went into maintenance in Feb and lost another eight by June and have been maintaining that since.
Then last summer I was out of town for a month and I couldn't do the videos where I was staying and that's how I started running. I now am using Leslie's videos for the stretching mainly and if for some reason I can't run I will use a 45 minute video. Then in August I started biking with my husband and strength training with a Personal trainer.
So... 46 pounds in seven months. And 8 more over the next four months. I started noticing the loss in August. I couldn't fit into anything at that point.
I have never been as in shape as I am now! And it all started because of Leslie!
U hv really made my day! I am so motivated. And I am at the exact weight u started off at. I do the 4 fast miles workout.I've waited 15 years..I can surely stick with a one year commitment.only been 5 days.,but after reading this I really want to make this last...thanks again
jivejazz8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 02:59 PM   #55  

21 min. on the eliptical.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:21 PM   #56  

Has anyone done all 10 of the walk blasters at once? ........a little long.....an hour and 40 min.
Old 01-09-2015, 11:06 PM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jivejazz8 View Post
U hv really made my day! I am so motivated. And I am at the exact weight u started off at. I do the 4 fast miles workout.I've waited 15 years..I can surely stick with a one year commitment.only been 5 days.,but after reading this I really want to make this last...thanks again
Great! I hadn't exercised ever and used to joke about never exercising. If I can do it, anyone can! I recommend mixing up the DVDs and posting what you walk. I have about ten DVDs and I would get stuck on one for weeks, like the Remix and Party walk. Try not to look at it as a quick thing, but as a life long thing. If you want to stay healthy and fit forever you need to do it forever. One day at a time.

Not sure what I'm doing tomorrow. It is a little cold for the cycling ride I had planned With DH. DD goes back to school on Sunday early so our last chance to run together is tomorrow. Both want me to exercise with them! never thought I'd be in this position. Haha. I told DH before he fell asleep I'd run with DD, then go to the funeral (it is actually just a spreading of ashes) I need to go to, then ride with him if we can get back by four so I can get ready for five pm mass! I'll let you know what transpires.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:33 AM   #58  

I don't know how leslie walks and talks, either. I could never do it. I can do up to 3 miles with her dvds.
ciecie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 09:52 AM   #59  

Ciecie. Thankful we don't have to talk and walk, too.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:28 AM   #60  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolr3639 View Post
Ciecie. Thankful we don't have to talk and walk, too.
So, jogging with DD won out. It was low 40s this AM at 6:30 and that is pretty cold to ride a bike (for us Florida people), so I ran with DD and had my best run ever. Ran 4 miles straight without any stopping or problems. The temp was perfect for running I guess. Of all weird things I could even talk while running -- which I could NEVER do. The trick was going really slow. I got a book called Running Until You are 100 and I was trying the techniques in there.
Since we ran outside on a path I just stretched right there, using the same Leslie stretches from the flexibility walk.