3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Fitness Videos (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos-178/)
-   -   January 2014 - Turbo Fire & More Check-In - All types of workouts are welcome here (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos/291043-january-2014-turbo-fire-more-check-all-types-workouts-welcome-here.html)

Diana3271 12-31-2013 09:29 AM

January 2014 - Turbo Fire & More Check-In - All types of workouts are welcome here

We do all types of workouts in this check-in. We are not limited to Turbo Fire. Please join in, if you are looking for a place to log your workouts and to be accountable with your fitness goals.

Let's make this a great month! :cheer2:

teacher1 01-01-2014 12:44 PM

:newyear: hi ladies!!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful time yesterday. I'm enjoying the last day with DH before he heads back to work tomorrow. I had to adjust my ticker way up but hoping in the next few weeks I can get it moving back in the right direction. Of course, a goal of mine this year is to make some real progress in losing weight. However, I think the key is for me to track my calories everyday. So that will be my goal- calorie tracking. I may not be perfect but at least I'll be accountable.

today- elip 30 min & TF 30 min :carrot:

Misha 01-01-2014 08:06 PM

Hi! I'm new here! I had an easy workout day today -- DH and I attended a 60-minute gentle yoga class.

I just finished Cathe Friedrich's 90-day XTrain rotation and am transitioning into her 90-day STS rotation now.

I did my first STS workout yesterday.

STS demands lots of time setting up & dismantling equipment, as well as frequent hitting of the "pause" button between exercises. I'm not used to that. So fingers crossed I have the patience to get through this .... However, I just came off of a 90-day XTrain rotation and am happy with the results (despite horrible eating), so I will persevere! :goodvibes .... I hope to get my eating together, too, because I'm bracing myself for the initial dreaded "puffy" water weight gain stage that comes with heavy weight rotations. Yuck.

Diana3271 01-01-2014 09:40 PM

Hi Everyone! :wave:

Check-In: Billy Blanks This Is Tae Bo

Teacher I had to adjust my ticker, too. Ugh! At least we have a starting point and we're getting back on plan. It's better to address it before it gets out of hand.

Misha Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2: Good luck with STS. I have some Cathe workouts. I don't have STS though. I have heard they are good. I have issues with all the equipment she uses, too.

Enjoy your evening!

Diana3271 01-02-2014 08:46 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Last night I added on: Improved Digestion from Yoga for Stress Relief

Enjoy your day!

Misha 01-02-2014 12:19 PM

Hi everyone! :)

This morning I did Cathe's STS - Meso Cyle 1/Week 1/Disc 2 - Back & Triceps. I enjoyed it.

I hope to walk & do a Classical Stretch tonight. Will see ...

Have a great day!

teacher1 01-02-2014 01:30 PM

Misha- welcome!!!!

Diana- thanks!

today- elip 30 min

EagleRiverDee 01-02-2014 02:07 PM

I'll join! I'm doing the P90X3 program, I'm on day 12 today. When I have extra energy I also do Jillian Michael's "30 Day Shred" and "Ripped in 30", the Supreme 90 Day program, P90X, and Insanity (I just grab one that interests me that day for duration and intensity and the body part I want to work on).

January 1 - I did P90X3 "The Challenge" which is back to back pullups/pushups, repeat for a half hour. I also took my dog for a 29 minute walk in the neighborhood.

January 2- Today will be P90X3 "CVX" which is a cardio workout with some resistance worked in.

Diana3271 01-02-2014 10:53 PM

Check-In:
KCM'S 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt and Leg Work premix w/#10's
Leslie Sansone's Walk to the Hits Party Songs 3 Miles

Misha Did you get the walk and CS in?

Teacher Did your DH go back to work today?

EagleRiverDee Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2: Are you liking P90X3 so far? How does it compare to the other P90 program you did?

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!

sheramama 01-03-2014 12:13 AM

Oooh can I join?

I have been doing a mix of Beach Body coach challenges, Turbofire, JM cardio kickboxing, JM shred, and Hip hop Abs.

I've been taking it easy these last 3 days bc I strained my leg after falling on ice. Of all the times I slipped out here, this is the first time ever I actually did any damage.

Yesterday, I did Day 1 of a January challenge (increasing mixed workout), Day 21 of my squat challenge (180 squats), and some quick exercises

Today, day 2 of January challenge, Day 22 of squat challenge (185). Taking it easy bc my leg is killing me :( It has to rest up for shoveling tomorrow.

EagleRiverDee 01-03-2014 01:49 AM

Diana- P90X3 is considerably different than P90X. P90X is about an hour a day, but pretty much traditional workouts. Standard weight lifting routines, standard cardio, and a yoga day. P90X3 the workouts are 30 minutes from start to stop. I expected them just to be a more intense version of P90X but they aren't really. Every workout is more synergistic- you're using more body parts, more core. For example, you might stand on one leg, do a bicep curl, then bend forward into yoga's Warrior 3 pose and then do a back fly all with weights. Or in a cardio routine, you'll be bouncing between chair pose and crescent pose but with a weight over your head and quickly enough that you're out of breath. They added MMX instead of Kenpo for one cardio workout, and they added in pilates, plus there is still a yoga routine but more intense. I like it, but it's definitely different!

Today's workout was P90X3 CVX which is a combination cardio routine done with weights to make it more intense. And I also went for a 1-3/4 mile walk with my DH and our dog.

Diana3271 01-03-2014 08:12 AM

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)

sheramama Hi and welcome to the check-in! :welcome2: I hope you heal quickly from the fall.

EagleRiverDee I am not a fan of weight training, but of course I do it. I am a cardio person. It seems like a lot of programs have gone to a shorter length and using body weight exercises. There is a used book store in town that has P90 for $3 or $5. I keep looking at it. :lol:

Teacher :wave:

Have a great day!

Misha 01-03-2014 12:32 PM

On this very cold Southern morning -- and I know we have no right to complain compared to our friends in the North! -- DH and I attended a 6:00 a.m. hatha yoga class.

Teacher 1, thanks for the nice welcome! :wave:

Sheramama, welcome! I'm sorry to hear about the fall on the ice. My sister fell on ice in Michigan and broke her leg in several places, so I'm glad you are still moving and participating in the squat challenge.

EagleRiverDee, thanks for posting such nicely detailed information about P90x3. I'm a big fan of metabolic/AWT workouts but am getting such good results with old-fashioned heavy weight training that I might do P90x or Body Beast after I finish Cathe's STS rotation ..... As you pointed out, P90x is a bigger time commitment than P90x3, so that & the pull-ups are holding me back.

Diana, I didn't do Classical Stretch or my walk after work as I hoped. I was cold & pooped. That's my story, anyway ....:lol: Maybe tonight! .... Do you like Leslie's newer Walk to the Hits Party Songs? I like it better than Radio Remixes.

Have a great day!

teacher1 01-03-2014 07:38 PM

Diana- yep, he's went back yesterday.

Eagle River Dee- welcome!!!

Sheramama- Welcome!! I hope you feel better. I injury myself all the time.

Misha- yoga can be a real workout. I've done some intermediate yoga and those classes can be hard for me.

today- rest

Diana3271 01-03-2014 09:00 PM

Check-In:
earlier in the day: The Yoga Solution With Tara Stiles / Yoga for Holiday Meal Digestion
War 3 w/#1 hand weights
Lindsay Brin's 10 Minute Hiit Cardio

Misha I really like the Party Songs DVD. I don't have the other one. I looked at the timeline at Collage. I decided on Party Songs because the miles are faster. There is something that I don't like about the workout, though. They stop to stretch and then announce the 3 miles. I think the 3 miles should be up before they stop to stretch. I'm not sure if that's a error or if they are just counting the time. I think the next time I will continue to jog or walk until they announce the 3 miles.

Teacher Do you have any teaching days coming up?

sheramama 01-04-2014 12:34 AM

Shoveled for 2 hrs and only got 50 squats in.

EagleRiverDee 01-04-2014 01:40 AM

Today I did P90X3 "The Warrior" (30 Mins) + 28 min dog walk

Diana3271 01-04-2014 08:38 AM

Last night I added on: Short Rest from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Have a great day!

teacher1 01-04-2014 01:04 PM

Diana- no sub days planned yet... so planning on going to the y this week after the weekend

Sheramama- shoveling is such a workout!!!

Dee- great job

Laura- hi, how's school going?

today- TF 45

Diana3271 01-04-2014 10:41 PM

Check-In:
KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt and Upper Body Weights w/#8's & #10's
TF Hiit 15

This time I decided to use the #8's for the Cardio Sculpt and the #10 for the regular weight training. This changed worked out better for me than only using #10's. The #10's were a little too much with the Cardio Sculpt section. Maybe I can use #10's next month.

sheramama That's some serious shoveling! I hope the snow levels improve where you are.

EagleRiverDee What kind of dog do you have?

Teacher
Good job on the TF! :carrot:

Misha 01-05-2014 12:32 AM

Hi! Today I did STS – Disk #3 – Meso #1 – Legs Workout.

Diana3271 01-05-2014 09:02 AM

Last night I added on: Letting Go and Completing Your Day from Gael Chiarella's PM Yoga Meditations

Have a great day!

teacher1 01-05-2014 05:31 PM

Hi ladies!!!!

Freezing here in Kansas. Did some shoveling but no formal workout today.

Diana3271 01-05-2014 09:43 PM

Hi Everyone!

We just got home from a birthday party/get together. It was held at an Italian restaurant. I wasn't able to get a workout in today since I had to do some grocery shopping for this week and get ready for the party.

Misha Keep up the great work!

Teacher Shoveling is definitely a workout!

Diana3271 01-06-2014 07:07 AM

Going back to work today! I really do need to find a way to retire!

Last night I did: Cleanse and Rest from Sara Ivanhoe's Taste

Have a great day and start to your week!

ralucax 01-06-2014 04:34 PM

Hey everyone.

Just did my first Jillian Michaels 30 day shred today. Itīs pretty intense. That comes from the fact that for the past 5 months I havenīt worked out either.

January jillian michaels 30 day shred

6 - :sklol:
7 - :sklol:
8 - X
9 -
10 -
11 -
12 -
13 -
14 -
15 -
16 -
17 -
18 -
19 -
20 -
21 -
22 -
23 -
24 -
25 -
26 -
27 -
28 -
29 -
30 -
31 -

teacher1 01-06-2014 06:50 PM

Hi ladies!!!!!

Welcome Ralucax!!!

today- Elip 45 min

EagleRiverDee 01-06-2014 07:33 PM

Welcome Ralucax! 30DS is a great program!

1/4- P90X3 "Dynamix" hard to explain but it's a program that prepares the body for athletic movement by working on weak areas like hip adductors etc. (30 mins) + snowmobiling for 2-1/2 hours

1/5- P90X3 "Total Synergistics" - I love this one, it's a whole body workout but brings the core into everything. (30 mins) + 1 hour 40 minutes of outdoor walking (most of it with my dog)

1/6 - P90X3 "Agility X" + 37 minute dog walk

Diana3271 01-06-2014 09:13 PM

I hope everyone can stay warm in these cold temps. We will have a wind chill of 0 in the morning but that's noting compared to what other people are having to deal with.

Check-In:
KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Lower Body Minimizer Premix w/#10's
LM Pump Combat w/#1's

ralucax Hi and welcome to the check-in! :welcome2: Good job starting 30 DS! :carrot:

Teacher Great job with the elliptical. How is the weather there?

EagleRiverDee Thank you for the descriptions of P90X3. It gives me an idea of what they are like in case I ever decide to venture into that area.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening.

Diana3271 01-07-2014 07:15 AM

Last night I added on: Short Rest from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Have a great day!

Misha 01-07-2014 12:41 PM

Hi everyone! If only I could eat as responsibly as I exercise! I keep falling but I will get back up.... I've decided to shelve the STS heavy weight training rotation for springtime. I need to get some weight off this winter, so I'm returning to my true love: circuit/AWT/metabolic weight workouts .... Here's the exercise I did:

Sunday - 35 minute walk on indoor track; 60-minute power yoga class.

Monday - 4 mile walk on indoor track

Today - Jari Love's Get Ripped 1000.

Ralucax, welcome!

Teacher, sorry about all that shoveling ...

EagleRiverDee, glad you're still enjoying P90X3.

Diana, I want to retire, too!

Have a safe & warm day everyone!

Diana3271 01-07-2014 03:09 PM

I decided to get my workout in early. Last night I had to come back to the shop after we ate dinner to get my workout in.

Check-In:
KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt and Upper Body Weights w/8's and 10's
KS Project You Long Lean

Misha Keep trying, you will get in the swing of things with your eating. It's even harder starting back after the holidays. Do you have Chris Freytag's 10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme? That would be a good one and not extremely long. You could even fit in a little extra cardio here and there.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening and stay warm!

teacher1 01-07-2014 05:43 PM

Hi ladies!!!

Diana- It was wicked cold Sunday and Monday but today we're back to normal winter weather :)

Misha- I hear you!!! I can do pretty good with working out but struggle with food. It's a constant battle for me.

today- I went old school- turbo sculpt

Diana3271 01-07-2014 09:19 PM

Teacher We had a windchill of about 0 this morning. I am a Southern girl. We don't do those temps. ;) Good job on the Turbo Sculpt!

Diana3271 01-08-2014 07:20 AM

Last night I added on: Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga for Stress Relief

Have a great day!

Misha 01-08-2014 09:44 AM

Hi all!

Teacher, I'm glad I'm not alone!

Diana, thanks for your encouraging words. I've never tried Chris Freytag's 10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme, but it looks good! Thanks for mentioning it! I'm keeping it on my radar!

Yesterday I had a good food day but a terrible sore throat. I woke at 3:00 a.m. with a cold, unable to go back to sleep. I intended to do Heather Corndorf's Kickbox Burn this morning, but decided to drop the intensity and try out a virgin workout, Turbo Jam: Kick, Punch & Jam. I bought the DVD for $1 at a thrift store last summer. Anyway, the Turbo Jam was perfect! For a 50-minute workout, it flew by. (If I sound surprised, it's because I tried Chalene's first Turbo Jam offerings years ago and really didn't like her fast choreography. I prefer simplistic, athletic kickboxing.) ... I usually wear 2 lb.(4 lb. total) weighted gloves with Cathe Friedrich's kickbox workouts but had to take the gloves off with Turbo Jam. Too heavy!

EagleRiverDee 01-08-2014 03:07 PM

Yesterday I did 30 minutes of Vinyasa Yoga (P90X3 Yoga). I had a massage yesterday after work, so I didn't get in any additional exercise like a dog walk.

Tonight I will be doing P90X3 "The Challenge" which is 30 minutes of pushups and pullups back to back. I will also try to get in a nice walk with my dog, as the weather is still cooperating.

Diana3271 01-08-2014 05:44 PM

Check-In: War 1 w/weighted gloves

I posted this at the other fitness forum, where I am a member:

Power Music Group RX War Volume 1 I ordered some of these during their Thanksgiving sale. I decided to try the most recent one first (volume 5). It felt kinda out of sorts to me. Like maybe I didn't know their terminology/moves as well as I was hoping I would. Then I decided to try Volume 3. This one felt better and I liked it more. This got me thinking that I probably should have started with the first one. Maybe they build on each other since they are designed for instructors teaching a class. Today I did War Volume 1. This was the most fun I have had with a workout in a long time. I also sweat a lot more than I normally do. I thought I might be in trouble when I was doing the second track (lower body warm up) and I was getting winded, LOL. I have always loved how kickboxing style workouts make me feel strong and powerful. I have not felt that in a long time with a workout.

Misha There used to be full length videos of 10 Pound Slim Down on youtube. Keep that in mind, too. You can take a look before you actually buy. I like the fact that it's a program and you don't have to think about what to do each day.

EagleRiverDee A MASSAGE! Did you get any type in particular? Do you go to a small place or a large chain? I had my first massage when we went on a cruise the year before last. It was wonderful! DH and I got hot stone massages. I keep saying that I want to get another one but I don't ever seem to get around to it. There is a Massage Envy opening soon close to our house. I don't like the idea of the monthly membership type thing. We have a Zen Massage close and they don't do the contracts. Ok, now tell me all about the massage!

Does anyone else have anything to share about massages? Maybe I will do this for DH and I for Valentine's.

teacher1 01-08-2014 07:36 PM

Diana- glad you had such a great workout!!! I get massages every so often. Normally, when I get a group on or a gift certificate. I got a gift certificate for Xmas from my in-laws that I'll use sometime. I'm actually going to use them as rewards for mini goals for me (every 10 pounds). I normally go for the relaxation or Swedish massage- 1 hour

today- nothing

EagleRiverDee 01-09-2014 01:08 AM

Diana-
I see a masseuse once a month that operates out of my doctor's office. She is fantastic! She specializes in helping people that have injuries. I first started seeing her after I herniated a disc in my lower back, I just have continued to see her once a month. It's a luxury, but it's worth cutting back in other areas to have this once a month. I get these knots in my right shoulder blade that she works out, and also my hip joints. It sounds funny, but I get a really tight periformis muscle (I think is what it's called) in my hip joint and she gets in there and works it out which really helps my hip mobility. But it's also just really good for relaxation! I was really glad my workout yesterday was yoga because they compliment each other. :)

A hot rock massage sounds awesome though, I've never had one of those!

Oh, and I did get in a dog walk today, as well as my video workout. Mila and I did about 45 minutes between our lunchtime walk and our after-work walk. She loves when I get serious about getting healthy!