January 2014 - Turbo Fire & More Check-In - All types of workouts are welcome here

You're on Page 6 of 9
Go to
  • Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Short Rest from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Teacher Thinking about you and your little ones today. Hope things are going OK.

Have a great day!
  • Hi Everyone!

Not feeling up to par today. TTOM has been messing with me all month with starting and stopping.

Check-In:
    Jackie Warner Power Circuit Training (lower body premix) w/10's
    30 Minute walk with Leslie

Enjoy your evening!
  • Hi ladies!!!

Diana- I hope you feel better!!! How's Cody doing? Is he calming down?

After 2 visits to the vet today, the vet thinks it's a pulled disc in his back. So he started painkillers and is on an 8 week restriction from stairs and playing He's been very upset all day from the sedation and tests. I'm hoping tomorrow he'll feel better.

today- nothing
  • Teacher Continuing with the good thoughts for your little one. I hope you start seeing improvement soon and he heals quickly. Cody is doing very well. I hate to admit this, but we had to get a collar trainer. We spoke with the Vet about getting a person to do training. She had a recommendation but this person also uses collar trainers when needed. We have had dogs together for 25+ years and individually all of our lives. We have never had to hire a trainer or use training devices before. Anyways, we decided to try on our own and bought a collar trainer. We paid extra to get a collar with different levels of stimulation. It starts off with sound and has various levels. Then it goes to vibration with different levels and then it has the shock. None of the sounds or vibrate would work for Cody. We worked with it for a whole day. Finally we did level 1 (lowest level) with the shock and nothing. We moved up to level 2 and that did the trick. We only had to use it twice that evening and he has improved 1000%. That was right after we got back from going out of town. I swear there is a difference in night and day with him. I think we might need to put the collar on him again. I am starting to see him do little things here and there. We also had to get an anti-pull collar for when we walk him. That has helped a lot with the pulling. I haven't walked him without it, yet. I probably need to try it. So with the help of these "tools" Cody has improved a lot. He is also acting very sweet now. I don't know how using that device can bring that out in him but it has.
  • Diana- that's good that you're making progress with Cody!!!

Bruiser is doing much better today. He's now on 3 different pain killers and I think they're helping. Time will tell.

today- elip 45 min
  • Hi Everyone!

Check-In: War 4 w#1 weighted gloves

Teacher I'm glad to hear Bruiser seems to be doing better. Today I decided to put our plants and nick nacks back out on the coffee table. When we first got Cody he would paw, bite them, and take them. I was thinking about putting the training collar on him. I want to be able to keep the stuff out without him damaging them. But so far, he has done well. He hasn't paid the stuff any attention! I am so proud of him. I didn't even put the training collar on him. It's so weird that it was only used twice.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!

Last night I added on: Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga for Stress Relief

Teacher
    How is Bruiser today?

Enjoy your Saturday!
  • Diana- sounds like Cody is growing up Bruiser is much better today.

today- elip 30 min
  • Hi Everyone!

Check-In:
    Early in the day: Twists from Rodney Yee's AM Yoga for Your Week
    KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt and Upper Body Weights w/8's & 10's
    TF Fire 30 w#1 hand weights

I really enjoyed my workouts today. I like trying new things but always feel disappointed if I don't like the workout as well as what I have been doing. I'm not a fan of weight training, but so far I like Start Here better than anything else I have tried so far. I always hear that you need to change things up. I have read about people getting great results years ago from doing one or two Firm workouts. Hopefully my body won't "get used" to doing the same thing on a regular basis. I have upped my weights to keep it challenging, though.

Teacher Good news about Bruiser! I hope he continues to improve!

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!
  • Here's my progress for the month so far:

1: P90X "The Challenge" 30 mins + 29 min dog walk
    2: Dog Walk 38 mins (1.73 mi) + P90X3 CVX 30 mins
    3: P90X3 "The Warrior" 30 mins, dog walk 28 mins
    4: Snowmobiling 2.5 hrs, P90X "Dynamix" 30 mins
    5: P90X3 "Total Synergistics" + 1:40 Walk
    6: 37 Min dog walk, P90X3 "Agility X"
    7: P90X3 "Yoga" 30 mins
    8: P90X3 "The Challenge" 30 mins + 45 min dog walk
    9: P90X3 "CVX" 30 mins
    10: 20 min dog walk + P90X3 "The Warrior" 30 mins
    11: JM RI30 28 mins + P90X3 "Dynamix" 30 mins + 45 min dog walk
    12: P90X3 "Isometrix" 30 mins (Yoga on steroids!) + 35 min dog walk
    13: P90X3 "Dynamix" 30 mins + 42 min dog walk
    14: 42 minute dog walk + P90X3 Accelerator 30 mins
    15: P90X3 Pilates (wasn't that enough?)
    16: P90X3 CVX
    17: P90X3 Yoga
    18: P90X3 Dynamix + 1 hr 6 minute dog walk

I'm pretty excited because today I finished block 1 of P90X3. I start block 2 tomorrow, and there's 5 new workouts in that, and I love variety!

Last night I added on: Yoga Now's 10 Minute PM De-stressor w/Rodney Yee

EagleRiverDee Excellent work! Good luck with the next section!

Have a great day!
  • Diana- great job at upping the weights!!!!

EagleRiver- great job, you'll rock block 2

today- elip 30 min
  • Hi Everyone!

Check-In:
    KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Lower Body Minimizer w/10's
    TF Fire 45

Another good combo tonight. I think I am going to add more TF workouts back in. Again, I strayed with the idea that I didn't want my body to get used to the workouts, etc.

Teacher Do any of the new classes at the gym fit your schedule. I think you mentioned that they have some new ones.

Waving Hi all around! Have a great start to your week.

Last night I added on: Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga for Stress Relief

Have a great start to your week!
  • Good monday, everyone! Congrats to everyone, we're more than halfway through the month and everyone is rocking their workout goals!

I am SORE from yesterday's new workout. It's called "Eccentric Upper" and it was all upper body strength training but it was all "negatives" meaning for example that if you're doing a pushup, you push up for a count of one, but lower for a count of 3. It's different than what I'm used to and I am feeling it today!

1: P90X "The Challenge" 30 mins + 29 min dog walk
    2: Dog Walk 38 mins (1.73 mi) + P90X3 CVX 30 mins
    3: P90X3 "The Warrior" 30 mins, dog walk 28 mins
    4: Snowmobiling 2.5 hrs, P90X "Dynamix" 30 mins
    5: P90X3 "Total Synergistics" + 1:40 Walk
    6: 37 Min dog walk, P90X3 "Agility X"
    7: P90X3 "Yoga" 30 mins
    8: P90X3 "The Challenge" 30 mins + 45 min dog walk
    9: P90X3 "CVX" 30 mins
    10: 20 min dog walk + P90X3 "The Warrior" 30 mins
    11: JM RI30 28 mins + P90X3 "Dynamix" 30 mins + 45 min dog walk
    12: P90X3 "Isometrix" 30 mins (Yoga on steroids!) + 35 min dog walk
    13: P90X3 "Dynamix" 30 mins + 42 min dog walk
    14: 42 minute dog walk + P90X3 Accelerator 30 mins
    15: P90X3 Pilates 30 mins (wasn't that enough?)
    16: P90X3 CVX 30 mins
    17: P90X3 Yoga 30 mins
    18: P90X3 Dynamix 30 mins + 1 hr 6 minute dog walk
    19: P90X3 Eccentric Upper 30 mins + 90 minute dog walk