Old 01-07-2014, 12:41 PM   #31  

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone! If only I could eat as responsibly as I exercise! I keep falling but I will get back up.... I've decided to shelve the STS heavy weight training rotation for springtime. I need to get some weight off this winter, so I'm returning to my true love: circuit/AWT/metabolic weight workouts .... Here's the exercise I did:

Sunday - 35 minute walk on indoor track; 60-minute power yoga class.

Monday - 4 mile walk on indoor track

Today - Jari Love's Get Ripped 1000.

Ralucax, welcome!

Teacher, sorry about all that shoveling ...

EagleRiverDee, glad you're still enjoying P90X3.

Diana, I want to retire, too!

Have a safe & warm day everyone!
Misha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:09 PM   #32  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

I decided to get my workout in early. Last night I had to come back to the shop after we ate dinner to get my workout in.

Check-In:
KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt and Upper Body Weights w/8's and 10's
KS Project You Long Lean

Misha Keep trying, you will get in the swing of things with your eating. It's even harder starting back after the holidays. Do you have Chris Freytag's 10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme? That would be a good one and not extremely long. You could even fit in a little extra cardio here and there.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening and stay warm!
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 05:43 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

Hi ladies!!!

Diana- It was wicked cold Sunday and Monday but today we're back to normal winter weather

Misha- I hear you!!! I can do pretty good with working out but struggle with food. It's a constant battle for me.

today- I went old school- turbo sculpt
teacher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:19 PM   #34  
Trying to live below 200

Teacher We had a windchill of about 0 this morning. I am a Southern girl. We don't do those temps. Good job on the Turbo Sculpt!
Old 01-08-2014, 07:20 AM   #35  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga for Stress Relief

Have a great day!
Old 01-08-2014, 09:44 AM   #36  

Hi all!

Teacher, I'm glad I'm not alone!

Diana, thanks for your encouraging words. I've never tried Chris Freytag's 10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme, but it looks good! Thanks for mentioning it! I'm keeping it on my radar!

Yesterday I had a good food day but a terrible sore throat. I woke at 3:00 a.m. with a cold, unable to go back to sleep. I intended to do Heather Corndorf's Kickbox Burn this morning, but decided to drop the intensity and try out a virgin workout, Turbo Jam: Kick, Punch & Jam. I bought the DVD for $1 at a thrift store last summer. Anyway, the Turbo Jam was perfect! For a 50-minute workout, it flew by. (If I sound surprised, it's because I tried Chalene's first Turbo Jam offerings years ago and really didn't like her fast choreography. I prefer simplistic, athletic kickboxing.) ... I usually wear 2 lb.(4 lb. total) weighted gloves with Cathe Friedrich's kickbox workouts but had to take the gloves off with Turbo Jam. Too heavy!
Old 01-08-2014, 03:07 PM   #37  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Yesterday I did 30 minutes of Vinyasa Yoga (P90X3 Yoga). I had a massage yesterday after work, so I didn't get in any additional exercise like a dog walk.

Tonight I will be doing P90X3 "The Challenge" which is 30 minutes of pushups and pullups back to back. I will also try to get in a nice walk with my dog, as the weather is still cooperating.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:44 PM   #38  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: War 1 w/weighted gloves

I posted this at the other fitness forum, where I am a member:

Power Music Group RX War Volume 1 I ordered some of these during their Thanksgiving sale. I decided to try the most recent one first (volume 5). It felt kinda out of sorts to me. Like maybe I didn't know their terminology/moves as well as I was hoping I would. Then I decided to try Volume 3. This one felt better and I liked it more. This got me thinking that I probably should have started with the first one. Maybe they build on each other since they are designed for instructors teaching a class. Today I did War Volume 1. This was the most fun I have had with a workout in a long time. I also sweat a lot more than I normally do. I thought I might be in trouble when I was doing the second track (lower body warm up) and I was getting winded, LOL. I have always loved how kickboxing style workouts make me feel strong and powerful. I have not felt that in a long time with a workout.

Misha There used to be full length videos of 10 Pound Slim Down on youtube. Keep that in mind, too. You can take a look before you actually buy. I like the fact that it's a program and you don't have to think about what to do each day.

EagleRiverDee A MASSAGE! Did you get any type in particular? Do you go to a small place or a large chain? I had my first massage when we went on a cruise the year before last. It was wonderful! DH and I got hot stone massages. I keep saying that I want to get another one but I don't ever seem to get around to it. There is a Massage Envy opening soon close to our house. I don't like the idea of the monthly membership type thing. We have a Zen Massage close and they don't do the contracts. Ok, now tell me all about the massage!

Does anyone else have anything to share about massages? Maybe I will do this for DH and I for Valentine's.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!
Old 01-08-2014, 07:36 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

Diana- glad you had such a great workout!!! I get massages every so often. Normally, when I get a group on or a gift certificate. I got a gift certificate for Xmas from my in-laws that I'll use sometime. I'm actually going to use them as rewards for mini goals for me (every 10 pounds). I normally go for the relaxation or Swedish massage- 1 hour

today- nothing
teacher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:08 AM   #40  
Here to Learn

Diana-
I see a masseuse once a month that operates out of my doctor's office. She is fantastic! She specializes in helping people that have injuries. I first started seeing her after I herniated a disc in my lower back, I just have continued to see her once a month. It's a luxury, but it's worth cutting back in other areas to have this once a month. I get these knots in my right shoulder blade that she works out, and also my hip joints. It sounds funny, but I get a really tight periformis muscle (I think is what it's called) in my hip joint and she gets in there and works it out which really helps my hip mobility. But it's also just really good for relaxation! I was really glad my workout yesterday was yoga because they compliment each other.

A hot rock massage sounds awesome though, I've never had one of those!

Oh, and I did get in a dog walk today, as well as my video workout. Mila and I did about 45 minutes between our lunchtime walk and our after-work walk. She loves when I get serious about getting healthy!
Old 01-09-2014, 07:13 AM   #41  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Restful and Rejuvenating Sleep from Gael Chiarella's PM Yoga Meditations

Have a great day!
Old 01-09-2014, 01:55 PM   #42  

Hi! I have a bad cold, so I didn't feel like jumping around. I did Cathe Friedrich's Muscle Max this morning.

Diana, the Power Music Group RX War Volume 1 workout sounds wonderful!

Waves to Teacher!

EagleRiverDee, your massages sound yummy .... I wish I had a dog like Mila to encourage me to walk more. Cats are no good in that department.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:42 PM   #43  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Check-In:
KCM'S 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt and Legs w/8's and 10's
40 Minutes from Get Moving Walking for Weight Loss

Teacher I think the massages for rewards will be great. How is your hip?

EagleRiverDee Great job on you and the little one getting active together. What kind of dog do you have?

Misha Feel better soon.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!
Old 01-09-2014, 06:01 PM   #44  
Here to Learn

Diana-

My dog is a mutt. She's got black lab and we think maybe pitbull terrier but could also be boxer. She's a medium sized dog just perfect for hiking and camping with.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:12 AM   #45  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! TGIF!

Last night I added on:
PM Destressor from Yoga Now
7 Minute Premix from Strong Knees

Have a great Friday and start to your weekend!