July 2013 - Turbo Fire & More Check-In - All types of workouts are welcome here

You're on Page 2 of 9
Go to
  • Hi ladies

Diana- yep, I take my dogs when I go to my parent's house. It's their socialization and workout time Does your husband ever workout with you?

today- ymca 1 hour gentle yoga- it was a guy teacher who kind of mumbled so I couldn't really understand him. I'm thinking I need to try some other yoga teachers since I stared at the clock the whole hour
  • Hi Everyone!

Check-In:
    Element Yoga for Flexibility
    Erin O'Brien Strong Body, Ageless Body w/10's

Teacher My husband? Workout with me? My DH doesn't do anything healthy. He will probably live forever. He is actually in pretty bad health and takes a lot of medicine. I still believe he will outlive me. The people in my family don't have a history of living a long life. What about your DH, does he workout or have an interest in working out? I don't know if I would like taking a live yoga class.
  • Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Element's PM Yoga for Beginners (Release Balance, & Stretch)

This routine was too active for me. It felt like it woke me and I struggled going to sleep and staying asleep. This is the last of the PM/Stress routines that I have. I still have some AM ones that I will work my way through during this weekend and future weekends. I think the best routine for me at night is the ones with Barbara Benagh. I find her very relaxing. I actually have one more DVD that I ordered that is a similar format to Barbara's DVD's. It's a different instructor, so I will see how that goes.

Have a great day!
  • Diana- my DH does workout on the elip, treadmill, and some weights on and off. He workouts out after work so I'm normally working on dinner.

My Jeep was scratched by a man in the store parking lot who took off after he hit me. I was busy shopping but luckily one of the store employee's got his license plate number. So I had to deal with police and insurance people this morning. No fun. It's not much damage but it will be a pain to deal with in the next few days. My DH leaves for Germany tomorrow. So we're off tonight to celebrate his bday a little early.

today- nothing...
  • Hi Everyone!

Check-In:
    Element AM Yoga for Beginners w/Elena Brower
    2 Mile Power Express Walk from Leslie Sansone's 4 Mile Power Walk

This is a new Leslie for me. I really enjoyed the section that I did. I am sore from my head to my toes. I'm not sure if it's from the weight training or from the beginner's, relaxing, and less stress yoga that I have been doing. I have been sore the entire time we have been off work.

Teacher That's good that you and your DH can work on having a healthy lifestyle together. My DH want's no part of it. My DH and Mom both has/had the attitude. Their motto is you don't get out of here alive, so you might as well enjoy yourself while you are here. I hope the situation with your Jeep gets resolved easily. Sorry that you are having to deal with that.

ETA: I don't know which workout did it, but my glutes and hamstrings have some serious DOMS going on. It is getting worse as the night progresses.

Last nigh I added on:
    7 Minute Premix from Strong Knees
    Deep Rest Premix from Yoga for Stress Relief

Have a great day!
  • Diana- are you still sore?

Laura- hi, any fun summer plans?

My DH is off to Germany. I'm hoping these next 12 days fly by quickly. We went to a nice steak dinner for an early bday celebration for my DH last night. My stomach hasn't felt very good since Hoping tomorrow it will be better because I plan to hit the ymca for the water walk class. We'll see what happens.

today-rest
  • Hi Everyone!

Check-In: Hip Openers from Rodney Yee's AM Yoga For Your Week

We decided to take a short road trip today. We were going to a seafood place outside of town called See Wee but they closed at 3:00 and we got there at 3:15. We decided to drive a little farther to Georgetown. You have probably heard of Myrtle Beach, SC. Georgetown is about 30 miles from Myrtle Beach. We decided to go to an area called Water Front Park. It's where all the good dining spots and shopping is located. We found a place called The Old Fish House. The raw bar area is called The Big Tuna Raw Bar. We have eaten a lot of seafood in our lives and it was some of the best that we had ever had. I had the grilled seafood platter and it was grilled perfectly. It was grilled shrimp, scallops, oysters, and grouper fingers. We were getting ready to leave and I noticed a dog on the deck. The dog was with a man and I wanted to go talk with the dog. I asked the man if the dog was friendly and I could pet it. DH started talking with the man. Come to find out he was the owner of the restaurant. The man was thrilled when DH told him it was some of the best seafood that we had ever had.

Since our little excursion took longer than we anticipated, I didn't get a chance to do a regular workout. I did that particular yoga workout today because I was so sore in my lower body. It did a good job of stretching me out and I don't seem to be very sore right now.

Teacher I think I am better. We will see how tomorrow goes. I think that Hip Openers yoga workout helped me today. (again, don't tell anyone ) I wouldn't dare want to give any credit to yoga since I hate it so badly. I hope you feel better. Have you done the water walking workout before? It sounds interesting. I have never heard of that before.

Last night I added on: Restorative Poses for Beginners from Yoga for Stress Relief

Have a great day!
  • Hey ladies!

Hope that you're well.

You've both been doing so well with working out and I'm joining you starting today. It's amazing how one off meal for me (pizza over 2 weeks ago) REALLY throws me off for a long time. I'm back to tracking everything and TF.

Take care and thanks for putting up with me
  • Hi Everyone!

I have some not so good results to share. Whatever I have been doing is not working and/or is not good for me. Trying to figure it out is the challenge. I felt the angioedema coming on Saturday. Yesterday morning I woke with labored breathing and a 3.4 pound gain from overnight. Last night I increased my Benadryl. My breathing was back to normal this morning and I ONLY gained 1 more pound. That's a 4.4 pound gain of water weight in 2 days. Insane! This is not food, sodium, calorie related at all. It is obvious that it's the angioedema. This is the worst reaction that I have had since going on the regular antihistamine regimen.

Since the first of the month I have increased my weight training. In fact, since being off for the holiday, the only pure cardio that I have done is the 2 miles with Leslie on Saturday. I was really sore over the weekend, too. Since the first of the month I have done AWT or weight training. I thought about something that I read about angioedema. I keep seeing mentioned that trauma to the body can cause flare ups. They used examples like dental procedures. I would assume that weight training causes inflammation. Maybe my body sees this inflammation as a type of trauma and is reacting to it. Maybe I'm just overthinking things. I also know since hitting my weight loss goal, I have increased my weight training. I used cardio and light weights to lose weight. I would even go without doing regular weights but using "fitstix" or just weighted gloves with kickboxing. At that time I did more intense, longer cardio. Now I am doing less intense, shorter cardio sessions and using heavier weights.

Going back to the allergist isn't the answer, either. My reaction isn't really that bad. Don't get me wrong, gaining almost 5 pounds in 2 days is bad, but it's not like I have uncontrollable hives, etc. The next treatment step according to the Dr. is for him to put me on steroids. I'm not to that point, especially if I am doing something to make it worse and I can correct it.

I am seriously thinking about going back to a cardio focused routine, with 1 or 2 days a week of lower intensity weight training. Any thoughts? I obviously need to be kind to myself and keep things moderate, but I really don't know what else to do. What I have been doing since the first of the month (last week) is not the answer and not good for me.

ETA: I am really trying to figure this thing out, but the angioedema flare up could just be a coincidence. I don't know and I am at my whit's end with this whole thing. Could there be a correlation between my change in workout routine and the severity of my angioedema flare up?

Laura Hi It's good to see you check-in. Hang in there. We are here for you and totally understand the struggles.
  • Laura- I'm with you on the struggle on eating.. I'm on plan for a few days then slide into higher calorie meals. I'm hoping to make some progress with my DH gone for 12 days. Hang in there.

Diana- I didn't make it the the water walk class this morning. My mom had to get an emergency root canal. I've done the class once before. It's walking laps around the lazy river. It's a good workout. I'm really not sure what the answer to your problem. I know that weight training can cause a slight increase in weight in some people but I heard then the body adjusts. This whole weight loss and other health issues can be super tricky. I know some meds can increase your appetite. Have you been more hungry?

today- swimming at my parent's house & tonight 1 hour pilates ymca
  • Hi Everyone!

Check-In:
    Kathy Smith's Project You Fat Burning: Long Lean (cardio)
    Leslie Sansone's Blue Mile
    Tamilee Webb Standing Stretch

Teacher I hope your Mom is doing OK from the root canal. Those are bad. This came on since Saturday. It is definitely the Angioedema, since I have all the symptoms. I literally gained almost 5 pounds that quickly. No change in food or medicine, etc. Still 100% on plan and counting my calories. I got really sore this weekend. I think the problem was that I was doing a variety of weight training workouts and very little cardio. My only thought is that my body viewed it as trauma and reacted to it. Who knows. I am going to try to focus on cardio for the next few days. After that I will start back with weights. I will probably lower my weights, too.
  • Diana - wow. your labored breathing sounds VERY scary. wow. Seeing the allergist again is a great idea. Perhaps they should see you when your symptoms are most acute? Perhaps keep up the TF, I know you love it. I really wish that she would make some more TF workouts. There is actually the new T focus 25 program out too.

Teacher - hope that you're mom is ok!! Nice workouts...hang in there with your hubby being away. 12 days will hopefully fly!

Fire 55 for me today YAY!
  • Hey ladies,

Just wanted to let you know that I'M SO SORE tonight! Fire 55 is great and it's been a while..................................... a good sore, though!

Take care