Old 05-04-2013, 08:02 PM   #1  

Default Starting Insanity Next Week, Who's With Me?

Hey everyone!

I'm starting my 2nd round of Insanity next week and this time I am not fooling around because I am considering getting certified to teach live classes depending on how this round goes, so I am looking for other people who have just started, are starting next week or are looking to start to start for some daily support and motivation. I'm hoping to have the best results this time around and would love to accomplish that with other people!
cjk221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/154/135

Height: 5"4

so funny i dunno whats happened to me lately but been feeling like a real good kick up my...... so was just thinking about starting insanity, just scared i wont be able to do it, that itll be too much...support is defintley something im in need of, what fitness level do you think you need to be on to start?
deb813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:21 PM   #3  

Hey Deb,
#1) LOVE your signature, it's very VERY true
#2) You look like you are doing an amazing job on your weight loss/fitness journey, so congrats on that, keep it up!!

I was really worried about Insanity the first time I started it as well because I had NO cardiovascular endurance, like I would literally get winded walking up the stairs, which was not okay with me. It is definitely a hard workout, especially the 2nd month, but if you give it your all, even if you have to take breaks or go at a slower pace, you will still have results. The first time around in the beginning I was taking a ton of breaks, but still was sweating like a maniac after the workout, so I knew that I was doing something right. Little by little, it got easier and I was able to go longer without stopping.

Fitness level varies, you seem to have been working out for a while based on your weight loss, so you are not brand new. I explained above that I was not in great shape & neither was my heart, I just took it easy. There is jumping and quick movements, but when I started I just didn't jump as high or move as quick lol. All of the moves can be modified as well, I can definitely help with that The thing that really got me to first try Insanity was the 60 day money back guarantee, I knew that if I wasn't happy with my results or if it was just too damn hard/not for me, that I could get my money back. I like good return policies haha

Here a link with a little more in depth info if you don't have the program already:
http://www.teambeachbody.com/shop/-/...ngRepId=234792
cjk221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:45 AM   #4  
Loving Insanity

S/C/G: 185/176/130

Height: 5'4"

I am doing Insanity right now and i LOVE it. I absolutely love Shaun T. Makes me push hard and "dig deeper". Didn't think I could get the exercise class energy from watching a video in my living room-but I totally do!

I went 2 weeks only missing 1 day, but then got a 36 hour stomach flu + lazy and went 8 days without doing it. Today was my first day back, but picking up right where I left off.

I wasn't in great shape when I started, but I do have that athlete mentality to push as hard as you can (3 years basketball and 4 years competitive dance). Feels good to really push myself, even though I can never do all of the moves with their same intensity or as many reps as them.

Glad to have people to check in with! Good luck.
Annie415sf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: See thicker

Height: 5'9

I'll start with you, I don't really know if I'll be able to finish it, but I promise I'll do my best!
friaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:47 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 226/Ticker/170

Height: 5'10

I started today with the fit test!

Woah.. I was exhausted.. tomorrow I actually start the work outs (since today was the fit test) and I know it will be hard.. i have no cardio level at all.. but i will push as hard as possible without stopping so I am doing it with you!
ajlee33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:41 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 203.6 / 200.8 / 115

Height: 5'2"

Count me in! I'm on the second month of ChaLEAN Extreme, and I'm just about to start Insanity. I took the first Fit Test, and my results were pretty pathetic - or so I thought. It turned out that I was coming down with the flu, and I've been really sick for the past four days. I hope I can jump right back in.

I'm going to have to figure out how to modify some of the exercises because of a bad knee. I'm a little afraid that the jumping will make an already painful knee much worse.
Sasha29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:56 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 153/153/132

Height: 5' 8"

I'm starting next week too! I'm really nervous because I'm in ehh shape--I was running a few times a week but finals squashed that plan and I've been super lazy the last couple of weeks.

My DVD's and heart rate monitor (I've always wanted one and finally gave in to motivate myself during Insanity) should be here tomorrow and I'm starting with the fit test Sunday or Monday.

I'm really nervous because I'm the type that works out for a few months at a time and hen falls off. I really want to stick with this and lose those 'last few pounds' and get more toned. I'm hoping to use this forum to find some accountability Good luck everyone starting!!
missma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:47 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 226/Ticker/170

Height: 5'10

4 days down and i am already exhausted.. but i am going to keep pushing.. i have lost 3 lbs since i started this.. I do not has a measuring tape so I am not sure how many inches I lost.. but I am REALLY excited.. because I was at 213.3-214.2 for a few weeks and I FINALLY dropped down to 210.4 once i started insanity it is a miracle worker. (unlike those so called miracle working pills) keep on everyone it works great
ajlee33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:18 PM   #10  
look to windward

S/C/G: 185/178/145

Height: 5'7"

Starting Insanity tomorrow, anyone doing it right now? I may just hijack this thread if no one else is using it
nightwasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:31 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 160.8/157.1/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Insanity!!

Hello everyone, I am here looking for some support. I did the fit test and day 2 last week before my cottage weekend binge....I did allow myself but was very good about it surprisingly. Not much snacking and controlled portions of food! However, it is now back to the grind and time to get focused. I will be doing Insanity day 3 tonight - let's all stay accountable and talk about how we are feeling with progress here!! Excited to see all your results!
3ngine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:44 AM   #12  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

I too just started Insanity, doing the Pure Cardio workout later this morning! We should make a support thread!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:24 AM   #13  
not looking back

S/C/G: 196/150

Height: 5'7

I am doing ripped in 30 right now, my plan is to do it after I am done....about 29 days. I am fairly new to aerobics/exercise so I wanted to start out on the lighter side.
smith1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:20 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 199/150

Height: 5'9

I just took my fit test today and it was tough. I am fasting during the daylight hours for Ramadan. I know it would probably be better to wait to start insanity, but in all honestly this is the month were my will power and discipline is put to the test and a chance to reboot myself in all aspects of my life. I am planning on doing as much as I can safely (hitting the pause button to catch my breath!)

My cardio is very bad and even when I wasn't fasting I tried it for a week and I had to stop every few minutes and hit pause. I wanted to get through the entire video even if it took me 2 hours!

I am about 185 down from 210 and my goal is 150. My bday is in 2 months and that is also my motivation to be as healthy as I possibly can by then and continue it for the rest of the year.
givepeaceachance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:07 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 170/168.6/140

Height: 5'8"

I'm just starting my 4th week of Insanity (I think--I'm rotating through the 3 hard workouts, but I've skipped a few days/substituted some hard days for less intense exercises)

I'm super excited - I was finally able to get through the entire warm up without stopping!!

Next goal: being able to sprint and exercise hardest during the last warm up rep. Right now I usually do it slower than the previous two.

Next Next goal: Being able to do one rep of any exercise involving pushups/planks without stopping. My upper body has always been super weak, so this will be a challenge.

Does anyone else set mini goals for themselves?

Also, givepeaceachance, you sound like an awesome combination of Superhero Ninja Warrior, doing Ramadan and Insanity at the same time!! How is it going? I'm wishing you mucho luck
lollerskates is offline   Reply With Quote