Old 02-04-2013, 09:15 PM   #1  

Default Hula Hooping DVDs

Has anyone out there tried any of the hoop dancing dvds? I just ordered some from Hoopnotica and I am excited about learning how to do the movements. Looks like fun exercise!
countingmylosses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:18 PM   #2  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

The Hoopnotica DVDs are really great but I also hope you got an adult sized hoop to go with it. The second hoopnotica dvd has a 20 minute hoopdance workout on it.

The hoop DVDs I have that are workouts are: BettyHoops gaiam DVD, Bettyhoops 4 DVD, BettyHoops cross training DVD, Jane Fonda's cardio hoop, Marisa Tomei hoop DVDs, and some other instructional dvds. The cardio hoop with Kamala mathis is basically an 8 week hoopdance course in 45 minutes that's not chaptered like the Hoopnotica dvd. The Marisa Tomei (it's out of print) DVDs have a small hoopdance workout and a hoop influenced fusion workout. Interesting but not really what I was looking for. The best workout DVD I have for hooping is the BettyHoops Gaiam (out of print) but now that same workout is out on her website but it's shorter. I haven't tried the Cristabel DVDs yet. That's on the next to get list.

There are a few hoop workouts on youtube that you can try. Bodyhoops, Hoopnotica and a few others have some solid workouts that you can try. Good luck! I really hope you can find joy in the hoop! It's an amazing hobby and workout!
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:35 AM   #3  
Hooping my Life Away

I just wanted to add you can also get two mini hoops and work on your arms and shoulders with the Hoopnotica mini DVD
Old 04-21-2013, 06:24 AM   #4  
Hooping my Life Away

The Jane Fonda hoop dvd moves through a basic 8 week hoop class in about 45 minutes. It's not chaptered. SO if you get that dvd intending to workout with it, it's not happening. If you have basic knowledge of hooping, you could probably swing it. Of all things, if you get the hoop with it, the hoop sucks. I will probably get the Cristobel hoopdance workout this week.