Basic Step on 8 inches: 27 minutes
Wii PT Medium Upper Body, 2 sets/11 exercises w/4 lb weights: 30 minutes
Stability Ball Abs X's 2: 20 minutes
tubolard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:27 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

hey gang
i did exercise over the weekend but forgot to post it.
this morning I did 2 miles. I used the Heart Healthy Walk dvd. gosh it felt sooooooo good to get it done first thing!

as y'all know, i've been very inconsistent with my exercise for almost a year now. our 2 sons, age 28 and 24, went to work at the plants (Praise the Lord) and my house has become Grand Central Station in the mornings. I've still been getting up at 5 am, BUT have been making my guys a quick breakfast and helping pack their lunches. and yes I know they are grown men and can do it themselves, but it was just something I wanted to do for them.... they won't be home much longer, they are both MORE than ready to get out on there own.

well I kept thinking I would get my exercise in during lunch or after work and it just doesn't happen consistently. if it I don't do it at 5 am it just doesn't get done. So I talked with them yesterday and told them I had to get back to exercising in the mornings and of course they are fine with that. they reminded me that I always have it done for them before they even get up LOL

so my plan is to be here monday thru friday, exercising and posting it here. I have got to do this for me!!!

hope everybody has a great day
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:55 AM   #78  
:)

S/C/G: 275/268/200

Height: 5'7"

Carol - I hope you're feeling better. I'm sorry you had to deal with that while you were out in Colo

Cathy - I know exactly what you mean with the consistency issues. If I don't do my work outs at the times I have available during my day, I end up having to force myself to do it way later in the evening (around 10pm & i'm already exhausted by that time) OR I just don't do it at all ...and I don't want that to completely throw me off. It's good to hear you have a plan to stick to mon-fri...im going to try to do the same. You can do this!!!

Kept my work out mild today, all of my muscles are SO sore still and I should have used today as a rest day but I didn't want to feel 'guilty' for not working out.
So my exercise today consisted of:
30-Minute Cardio - by The CafeMom Studios Workout

Last edited by ataraxia3; 04-16-2013 at 12:56 AM.
ataraxia3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:15 AM   #79  

Thanks atataxia, Ive only been able to do one half mile.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:01 AM   #80  

thanks ataraxia3!! and thanks so much for the link to jessica smith's page on youtube.

This morning I did her 26 minute Dance Walk video. here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1AU_yr2-mc

the tragedies of yesterday are heavy on my heart and I am praying for those affected, our country and for our world!

make the most of this day!!!
hugs, cathy
Old 04-16-2013, 11:55 AM   #81  

Carol, I live in Louisiana which is just about below sea level LOL a few years ago we took our 12th graders to Colorado and had a blast. I had never been any place like that before. It was terribly HARD to breathe up there. I cannot even imagine trying to exercise in that altitude unless someone lived there and was use to it. WOW! are you on vacation up there?
Old 04-16-2013, 01:15 PM   #82  

S/C/G: HW:280 CW:? GW:150

Height: 5 foot 5

Wii PT Medium Lower Body, 2 sets of 11 exercises: 26 minutes
4 miles walked: 48 minutes
It is amazing how adding just a few reps per exercise adds up. I was working so hard and sweating so bad just on the leg work, now I need a nap, lol.
tubolard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:39 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hey friends! I took a few days off. Did the 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk this morning w/ #2 weights AFTER being awakened by a 4.3 earthquake!! It was the fifth one through the night, but the only one that woke me. Crazy!!

Very frustrated with myself as I have been working on losing weight for several weeks and can't seem to drop even one pound!! I'm working on keeping track of calories and adjusting there, but seem to be letting in too much junk still and can't seem to budge!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:40 PM   #84  

Carol - Don't worry, one half mile is better than nothing- right? Give yourself a little bit of time to adjust to being back at home and you'll be back to regular exercise before you know it.

Cathy - I love that dance walk video by her! She really has some awesome work outs on her channel & I love her positive upbeat personality, it definitely helps you get through the work out.

My heart is with all of the victims and their families affected by the incident at the Boston Marathon yesterday . It's absolutely heart breaking and mind boggling --- who would do that, and WHY . I know they're still investigating to identify who did this and I hope everyone will get some answers. I will continue to pray for everyone.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:44 PM   #85  

Work out this morning:
Mile 1 from Leslie's 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk
10 minutes Yoga Strength work out
15 minutes High Intensity Interval Training work out

Tubolard - lol, i know the feeling! sometimes after work outs I get a huge burst of energy....but today ..not so much, I feel like crawling back into bed!

Last edited by ataraxia3; 04-16-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:57 PM   #86  

2 mi without weights. I'm pooped.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:59 PM   #87  

Cathy, we were on vacation.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:46 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 207/ticker/130

Height: 5'0''

Hi Ladies,

I took the weekend off -- my fiance came to visit for the weekend (we're doing this long distance thing until I finish my residency next year). And then yesterday, I was just so physically tired from a crappy day at work and emotionally exhausted from hearing about the tragedy in Boston, that I just couldn't get myself up to walk.

So today, I made up for it some -- Leslie's 2 mile brisk walk and 30 minutes of the Zumba Step-by-Step How to video. I'm trying to get into the Zumba craze -- the how to video alone is a workout!
ZetaMD2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:34 AM   #89  

hey gang

I did 3 miles this morning I used the 5 Mile Fat Burning dvd.

Zeta, I cannot imagine being so close to the tragedy! can only imagine how worn out you were yeserday is the Zumba Step by Step workout doable? easy to follow?

Annie - hang in there girl! you have come so far and done so great! you are so consistent with all of this! i know it sure gets discouraging when we gauge our progress by the scale but you've come so far!!!

Carol - did i read that you had altitude sickness? are you feeling better?

Tubolard - you're doing great!!! i notice you've lost 82 lbs! that's awesome!!! do you count calories? or something else?

hope everybody has a great day!
hugs, cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 04-17-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:25 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Thanks, Cathy!

Did miles 1 & 4 of the 5 Mile Fat Burning this morning.

Well, earthquakes yesterday, ice storm last week, severe weather alert for today (tornadoes and extra large hail possible). Nothing to see here, just springtime in Oklahoma!!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote