3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Fitness Videos (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos-178/)
-   -   I'm tired (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos/269707-im-tired.html)

tubolard 11-11-2012 05:31 PM

I'm tired

I have been walking/working out since 10/03/12. 1 mile a day for 1 week, 2 miles a day for 2 weeks, 3 miles a day for 1 week and since 10/28/12 I have been walking 5 miles a day. I use weights (started with 2 pound and am using 3 currently). I also have been throwing in step aerobics, I try to walk down my road at least 1/2 a mile but more like a mile or two every few days, Wii workouts, Wii fit stuff, and am trying to figure out how to set up a rotation of arms, back, chest, legs, butt and ab workouts and figure out how to stretch and get more flexible (I am probably going to use the Wii workouts for those). In 39 days of this I have only taken one day off where I did no exercise at all.
I am tired. I feel a slight soreness in my legs when I move them certain ways, more soreness in other directions and they just feel generally fatigued. Should I take 1 day a week off of exercise? Do I keep going like this and the soreness will eventually go away? I know I am not supposed to do say heavy arm weights 2 days in a row so the muscle has time to rest and heal but do I need to let my legs rest like that as well? I will admit I am a tiny bit (yeah right, more like a whole lotta bit) obsessive about things so the thought of not walking/working out kind of makes me nervous.
When I don't do anything at all I feel so lazy, that I am not doing enough as it is so how dare I take a day off, that I have not taken a day off gorging and pigging out so how can I take a day off of trying to be healthier? I always feel like I should me doing more, more, more and eating less and less and less (I try to eat enough each day and I am trying to pay more attention to the value of the food, not just the calories).
Sorry this kind of ran away from my initial question. :o
What do I do? Rest? Not rest? I really want to do this right this time, for the last time. I know I will always have to exercise and watch what I eat so I am prepared for that. I just don't know the answer to this.

Clumsy 11-11-2012 06:07 PM

Would it be possible to swim untill you feel better doing your regular routine? You can get a full body workout and probably not be sore/tired.

tubolard 11-11-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clumsy (Post 4525785)
Would it be possible to swim untill you feel better doing your regular routine? You can get a full body workout and probably not be sore/tired.

The closest pool to me is 35 minutes away one direction at the Y. I can't afford to get there often enough to make a difference unfortunately.

seagirl 11-11-2012 08:51 PM

A rest day every week is always good.