Old 11-11-2012, 10:08 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 205/192/145.5

Height: 5.41

I have a question: are you able to do the advanced workout done by Natalie?
I'm still on the semplified workout making push ups on my knees and lighter squats (my thighs are not parallel to the floor like Natalie's ones)...
Probably i'd better go on the next level only when (and if) i'll be able to do the advanced workout

Last edited by CrepeSuzette; 11-11-2012 at 10:10 AM.
CrepeSuzette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:28 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 227.4/???/185.4

Height: 5'6"

I can handle most of the advanced moves in the first level with no problem. Like you, I do stick with the knee version of push ups. But I get bored doing the same thing for too long, so I knew I'd need to move on to the next level at the end of these 10 days.

I don't see myself being able to do the advanced version of all the L2 plank exercises any time soon, but that's okay. Everything else was doable. Going forward, I plan to rotate 30DS with RI30 and Turbo Jam, so I should be strong enough for those advanced planks when I come back to it in a few months.
tamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:57 PM   #18  

S/C/G: SW194/CW144/GW140

Height: 5.10

I finally get the 30 day shred. After doing it, I can't wait to "shred" my sweaty clothes.

I finished day 5 yesterday and day 6 today. I was going to take a rest day but felt energized and wanted to do it. I decided to watch level 2 to see what is coming. Yikes!!! I started to do some of the simpler exercises. I decided that I am going to do all level 1 plus bit and pieces of level 2. I'm hoping that this will help me prepare for level 2 and get better at level 1.

I am doing most of the beginner exercises.
hiddenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:27 AM   #19  

Finished day 7 and still can't complete the entire thing. But I am still improving, I did 20 knee pushups today. My first day I only did about 5.

Can't wait to hear from those starting 3ds this week.

My experience with this:
Before exercise: Looking forward to it. Feel bad if I try to skip it.
During exercise: Hate it. Why am I doing this to myself?
After exercise: Feel energized and happy. Ready to do more.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:12 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddenstar View Post
Finished day 7 and still can't complete the entire thing. But I am still improving, I did 20 knee pushups today. My first day I only did about 5.

Can't wait to hear from those starting 3ds this week.

My experience with this:
Before exercise: Looking forward to it. Feel bad if I try to skip it.
During exercise: Hate it. Why am I doing this to myself?
After exercise: Feel energized and happy. Ready to do more.
Lol i got the same thoughts
Specially during the cardio jumps
Today was my 9th day, in theory tomorrow will be the last day on 1st Level but i think i will stay on it for another 4 or 5 days...
Old 11-14-2012, 10:57 AM   #21  

Finished Day 8 & 9

Day 8 did everything non-stop except for the second set of push-ups. I am amazed at how fast that I am improving.

Day 9 - still couldn't complete 2nd set of pushups but I used 2 lbs weight during the exercises. I know that is not as much as others but I'm working my way up.

Today, I couldn't help myself. I've been feeling so good and thinner that I checked everything. I've been dieting also so I can't give credit all to 30DS. But since starting, I lost 2 lbs. and 1 inch in waist, butt and thighs.

We can do it and this thread is really helping me stay on track.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:53 PM   #22  

11th day done today
Can't still do all the jumps, i think that it could depend on my weight
Old 11-15-2012, 10:29 AM   #23  

Yay!!! I finished day 10 of level 1. This is the first time that I ever completed something like this.

Now the hard question - when to go to level 2? I am huffing big time during level 1 even though I can now complete everything (minus 2nd set of pushups).

Suzette - I know you said 4 or 5 days more but is there a specific goal that you are trying for before going on to level 2.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:25 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddenstar View Post
Yay!!! I finished day 10 of level 1. This is the first time that I ever completed something like this.

Now the hard question - when to go to level 2? I am huffing big time during level 1 even though I can now complete everything (minus 2nd set of pushups).

Suzette - I know you said 4 or 5 days more but is there a specific goal that you are trying for before going on to level 2.
Sorry but i didn't understand this sentence
If it is a question, my goal is to finish all the workout without stopping breathless before all the exercises are complete

Btw, today a friend of mine (that didn't meet me in a month) told me that my weight loss is evident
Well, actually a could have lost a couple kilos in a month and i dont think they are so evident, probably my 'shrinkage' is due to a sort of toning up of my body, thanks to 30 Days Shred.

What about you?
Somebody noticed any change in your body since you started the workout?
Old 11-16-2012, 04:34 PM   #25  

You answered my question. I have not had anybody notice my changes yet. But I feel them myself so I am okay with that. It is great that others are starting to see the difference in you.

I finished day 11 on level 1. I am thinking about trying level 2 tomorrow. I know some say that it is harder but we will see. I am going to try it with 1 pound weights and work my way up.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:07 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 227.4/???/185.4

Height: 5'6"

Day 16 (L2, D6) complete! It's all downhill from here.

I am much better at walkout push ups and plank jacks than I was six days ago, but that last set of planks is way brutal. Overall, endurance is much improved.

NSV: My shirts are starting to fit better, and I can feel some definite muscle underneath the jiggle.
tamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:27 AM   #27  

Tamiam - that's great

I decided to do level 2 today for the first time. I don't think that I did too bad. I did take a few breaks plus I only used 1 pound weights. The hardest part is holding all those plank positions. My shoulders are still shaking from it all. Definitely wear shoes while doing to prevent sliding when planking.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:48 PM   #28  
HW:232/SW:165

S/C/G: 215/211/165

Height: 5'6

Ok, so I finally started the shred today and its a lot harder than I thought it was gonna be!

Didn't complete everything though the cardio is definitely my easiest part. It's so embarrassing to admit but I cannot, for the life of me, do a push-up; not even the beginners version!

Mixed thoughts about tomorrow's go but I'm gonna give it another shot
kymb92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:20 PM   #29  

Kymb92 - You can do it. Don't give up. My first 2 days were very painful. I couldn't even sit down or stand up with out being in extreme pain. But I stuck to it. After the initial pain, your body does get use to it and you improve everyday. I can't believe how much more endurance that I have now.

I just started level 2 and I feel like I am starting over with new aches. Just keep remembering the end goal.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:47 AM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymb92 View Post
Ok, so I finally started the shred today and its a lot harder than I thought it was gonna be!

Didn't complete everything though the cardio is definitely my easiest part. It's so embarrassing to admit but I cannot, for the life of me, do a push-up; not even the beginners version!

Mixed thoughts about tomorrow's go but I'm gonna give it another shot
Don't give up, try to do an easier version of push up, i.e. don't bend your elbows until you reach the floor with breasts but stop before, half-way through the movement