Old 09-28-2012, 05:56 PM   #1  
Just watch me ...

Default October: A DVD a Day

Would anyone like to join me in just keeping track of doing an exercise dvd every day - it can be any type of dvd, just do it.

You can post once a week or once a day, and you can start before the 1st if you like
Exhale15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Sounds like fun. I do a workout DVD a day (sometimes rest on Sunday) I like my hair to look nice for Church - I don't want to sweat out my style
I will check back in when I figue out which one I am doing for today!!

Last edited by RoyalAthena; 09-28-2012 at 06:14 PM.
RoyalAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:59 PM   #3  
Just watch me ...

That sounds great Ann, and taking a day off is a good idea.
I'm psyched
Old 09-28-2012, 08:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

I don't know how you want to do it but I am checking back. I did Turbo Jam Kick and Punch (40 minutes of pure sweat). If I do another workout I will edit this post. Hey, what abot you???

Last edited by RoyalAthena; 09-28-2012 at 08:08 PM.
RoyalAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:35 PM   #5  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I work out to DVDs so I would be happy to join you. I wasn't very consisitant over the summer so I'm trying to do a short cardio followed by a short weights workout. I have a rotation planned for Oct, which is the first time I've ever planned out a whole month ahead of time. I'm not fond of cardio so by doing both in one day I'm more likely to do both.

I woke up today feeling drained, then got a horrible headache, took meds and a nap which only helped a little.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:20 AM   #6  
Just watch me ...

Good morning Ann and Penguin

The idea of having a rotation is a good one. I have a couple of dvds and that made me think to go through the 'pile', one by one each day. Penguin, I also am/was less fond of cardio. For me, it is because I've let myself become de-conditioned and hate when I start to feel it. So in a stupid way I feel better when I don't try because then I can forget what crummy shape I'm in. But not any more. From now on, it's non-negotiable. I have to just suck it up and get through this mess that I've created for myself.

Ann, my plan is to post every day or two, and probably to keep a post that covers a week, so there not a ton of posts that we all have to go through. It's also nice to see the accumulation of a week's achievements.

October is going to be a great month for us Everyone's welcome to join in.

Last edited by Exhale15; 09-29-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:22 AM   #7  
Just watch me ...

Sept 29 to Oct 6th:

9/29: Leslie Samson 3 Mega Mile.
9/30: day off (really tired Saturday).

Last edited by Exhale15; 09-29-2012 at 04:43 PM.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:23 PM   #8  

Yet another sleepless night. Hubby was stuffy, so his snoring kept me up most of the night. I finally got up and rest most of the Hunger Games, finished it off this morning. I liked the charaters but can't say I enjoyed the book.

From Cathe's Slow and Heavy I did the Back and Core section about 30min tota. Although I've had S&H for almost 6 years I didn't realize that you could do just one body part section, as opposed to the pre-programmed workouts, I knew about the exercise chapters but didn't realize the sections were 'premixed' also. Then added on KCM's Quick Fix Cardio's Drills workout ~ 30min. I"m still not crazy aobut this one but liked it better the second try. I keep conparing it to her Plyo workout, which I love.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:14 AM   #9  
Just watch me ...

Hi guys, how are we doing this morning?

I'm optimistic about October. I've decided to stop obsessing about my weekly +/- pound smile/frown, and focus on building up my stamina and getting in a bunch of greens and a cup of oatmeal every day. Daily weigh-ins worked for a while, but now I'm at a plateau and realize that I'm really not taking such great care of myself. So, what would it be like to act like I'm pleased with myself right-this-moment?

Have a great day, See you tomorrow, October 1st
Old 09-30-2012, 12:15 PM   #10  

I got a good sleep last night. Hubby's not feeling well so we didn't go to Church {he's still sleeping}. I'm sore from my Back workout; I did it first then did the cardio afterwords, I tried to concentrate on the arm movements in the cardio to see if that would help with the soreness. I'm a little sore today but not painful so maybe that helped. Will have to experiment with that.

Today is supposed to be a rest day.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:25 PM   #11  

Rest day for me. Hubby and I are trying to finish up errands and find something fun to do.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:43 PM   #12  

I did Kettlebell Way ~ 40min. I used my new 20# for the single arm moves then dropped to the 15# for the abs. We had the heat on last night but I've got the windows open instead of turning on the AC. The high is supposed to be 70* but its already up to 74*. Since I'm already snuffly I dusted the ceiling fans, which I try to do spring/fall before and after we use them. I have no idea how things that are moving constantly get dusty!