Old 08-27-2012, 02:49 AM   #1  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Lightbulb workout DVDs for those with joint issues

HI,

I would like to purchase a few good workout DVDs. One that has lots of squats, jumping jacks and lunges is probably not for me being that I have some joint issues such as pain at times, arthritis, etc. I know the joint issues will improve with weight loss.

A DVD that has interval training may be good if it is not too intense, I tried that before and liked it. I also tried Leslie Sansone's WATP and Richard Simmons, they seemed at my level of intensity, maybe I could try something with a little more advanced. I don't think I am ready for Shred or a DVD at that level.

Suggestions?

Thanks!
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 198/161/127 (started 03/2012)

Height: 5'1"

I've not done it, but Sparkpeople has some sort of Bootcamp which is supposed to be a low-level workout. Another one is an older one (probably 2006?) Denise Austin's Bootcamp. For mobility I would probably try something like tai chi or qi gong? Classical Stretch might also be a good way to go...she's pricey but she might be on your local PBS station so you could see.
SerenityDiva is offline   Reply With Quote