Old 01-13-2012, 01:38 PM   #1  
The Last 10lbs!

Default Chalean Extreme in the New Year!

Hi all!

I started Chalean Extreme in November and loved it. Then I got sick, and then I went home for two weeks and Christmas happened, so I stopped. But I managed to get all the way through Burn phase and I was so pleased with my progress because I was able to lift heavier, in some cases double, what I had been lifting at the start!

I want to give Chalean Extreme another go and actually stick to it. And my diet, but that's another story!

Please join me if you are just starting Chalean Extreme or you want to be workout buddies! I am going to start Burn phase again this weekend (14-15 January) and carry it all the way through. I have a very hard time motivating myself to do additional exercise because I cycle to and from work every day (4 miles roundtrip - it's not a ton, about 40 minutes, but it means I'm tired when I get home!) and I love chatting with people on the boards that are doing the same thing as I am.

freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #2  
The Last 10lbs!

99 people have looked at this thread and no one is doing Chalean Extreme or planning to start? What a drag! Oh well, I'll keep myself company instead

I did Burn Circuit 1 on Monday (the weekend was too busy to start the program - annoying!) and am a little bit sore today but not too bad. Looking forward to Circuit 2 tomorrow!
Old 01-18-2012, 02:19 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7

Today I did Burn circuit 2, week two of the burn phase. Have started this many times but never made it past two weeks, hopefully this time I stick with it. I'm only doing the 3 burn circuits and then running 3 days a week and one day of rest. I don't really enjoy the other workouts and wanted to continue my running plan.
Anyways I'll be glad to check in on this thread, I can't wait to actually make it to the push phase!
Karray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:57 PM   #4  
The Last 10lbs!

Karray, we're very similar! I don't like the other cardio workouts either so I ride my bike to/from work every day (well, most days in the winter, I take the bus if it's very cold/icy/raining hard!) instead, and do yoga 1 day per week rather than the Recharge. I'm glad we're on the same sort of schedule

We'll both make it to Push this time, I'm sure of it! You're already going strong into your second week, awesome!

Edit: I did Circuit 2 last night and it was just as good as I remembered. Those bowling lunges are so killer! I really like Chalene's way of 'teaching'. I respond to it far better than Jillian Michaels' drill-sargent-esque ways.

Last edited by freedomreins; 01-19-2012 at 01:34 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:07 PM   #5  
The Last 10lbs!

How's it going Karray?

I did circuit 3 last night. I know she says you can go heavy with your shoulders but I struggle to do 12 reps with 5lbs! My shoulders are so weak! I hope they will get stronger as I go along. I'm going to do circuit 1 again tomorrow - since I'm not really following the schedule, my goal is just to do a circuit every two days, with a rest day in between.

I was so lazy today, we had a sort of productive day but it didn't involve a lot of movement and we didn't leave the house! If tomorrow is nice I might go for a little run - I haven't run in ages!
Old 01-21-2012, 07:31 PM   #6  

Yesterday I did Burn circuit 3, so week 2 is finished!

Today is my weigh in day and I was up half a pound from last week I think this is why I always stop this program, it makes my weight loss stall and I get very impatient. I usually lose 2 pounds every week, so this makes me get very discouraged.

I am going to stick with it this time and hopefully things will get moving again next week. I am still following the girl who lifts the lower weights in the videos, I hope to start going a little heavier next week. I must admit I'm anxious to get to the next level.

Freedomreins great job sticking with it, going for a run always makes me feel better.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:55 PM   #7  
The Last 10lbs!

You can totally do it Karray! And you know, if you do end up lifting heavier and can't get through it, you can always go back down and still get the benefit. But I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised!

I know it's so hard when the scale goes up. I don't step on it very often because it discourages me too. But I'm sure you will find your clothes will fit better and you'll see a difference in your body, even if the scale stays the same or goes up a little bit. I've heard that the Lean phase is where you lose the weight you gained in Burn and Push because it's typical for weight loss to stall when you start lifting.

I did Burn Circuit 1 again today and then dragged boyfriend outside to do sprints in the field down the road. We tried to do 6 x 20 second sprints, with one minute break in between. Holy cow! So difficult! I managed about 5.5 sprints, since I was only able to do half of the fourth one! I might have done better if I hadn't just done circuit 1, I overestimated how much energy I had left!
Old 01-23-2012, 09:25 PM   #8  

Started week 3 with Burn Circuit 1, lifted a little heavier on a couple of the exercises. I still really hate the push ups! Nothing too exciting but I got it done Tomorrow is a 2.75 mile run.

Thanks for all the encouragement
Old 01-24-2012, 10:17 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 195/135/135

Height: 5'6

I'm in my 4th month and I love it. I'm in the lean for life month, second week, where you do workouts from all 3 phases. Yesterday I did a burn workout and I increased my weights and I'm SORE today. I think it was the bowling lunges that did it. My body has really transformed over the past few months. I have muscle definition that I've never had before. Adding strength training is really getting me the body I want, that cardio alone can't do. I lift as heavy as I can, and I've lost 10 lbs since I started (I'm at goal now, but trying to lose a little more fat, build a little more muscle). Getting enough protein helps.
RaisingThemLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:24 PM   #10  
The Last 10lbs!

RaisingThemLeft - That's so great to hear! I'm after the last 5lbs so glad to hear this might be the way to do it as long as I stick with it Did you do all the cardio videos too?

Those bowling lunge are brutal.

I have a very hard time getting enough protein. I eat it at every meal but I'm still probably not eating enough (I aim for over 100g per day - I'm eating primal as well, so limited carbs and sugar). Any tips for a newbie?

Edit: Week 2 Circuit 2 in the bag! My wrists are so weak, I swear I could lift heavier but urgh! They hurt!

Last edited by freedomreins; 01-25-2012 at 05:02 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:44 AM   #11  
The Last 10lbs!

Week 2 is finished Moving on to Week 3 tomorrow after work. I'm going to do the abs workout today too.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:59 PM   #12  

Started week 4 today, and did about 15 minutes on the elliptical. Tomorrow is a 3 mile run. Ready to finish up the Burn phase!
Old 02-01-2012, 09:40 PM   #13  

Friday will be my last Burn workout. I'm happy that I finally completed that whole phase.

I've decided to do 30 Day Shred again and continue increasing my running mileage. I think I will come back to Chalean Extreme when I am closer to goal.

freedomreins good luck on the rest of your program!
Old 02-03-2012, 04:43 PM   #14  
The Last 10lbs!

Thanks Karray, sorry to hear you'll be moving on to something different but I'm sure you'll do great. I like the 30 Day Shred but the same video ten times did my head in so I have never completed it!

It's the end of week 3 for me tomorrow. I can't wait to move on to Burn phase!

Anyone feel like joining in? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
Old 02-05-2012, 11:26 AM   #15  
The Last 10lbs!

Week 3 done! I shall continue to plug away here in the hope that someone eventually joins me!

I can see and feel my biceps now. I love it! And I swear there's a ridge on my stomach where my six pack will one day be Wooohooooo. That totally made my day. I've put on a pound but I feel like my stomach is flatter and I've even noticed a very slight difference in my arms (you know when your arm is straight and your 'bingo wing' bit sticks out over your elbow? My sticky-out bit is starting to go away!).

Last weekend we booked a week-long holiday to Greece so I am more motivated than ever to get in shape for May!

The ab video kills me. I feel like I'm going to die more times in ten minutes than I do in the usual 30-35 minute workouts!

On to my final week of Burn phase this week. Can't wait to start Push!