30 Day Shred in August anyone?

You're on Page 4 of 4
Go to
  • I have not loss any inches this week, and I think it was because I was retaining water due to my TOM. Hopefully this week, I can get back to losing more inches. We are half way through the month!

GemGem1
    I feel fantastic. And yes, I am also seeing some curves in the right places.

Lauracore
    Once I thought I was superwoman and I did level 2 and level 3 consecutively!
    I wanted to cry when I finished. I have never done that again. I try to do something like yoga or pilates, after 30 day shred.
  • Shredders, I'm having a rough day. I just FEEL huge! Like all of the progress I thought I was seeing before is gone! Maybe it's just one of those days but it's super frustrating. I'm working my beans off and I haven't seen a drop in the scale or in many inches. I guess I need to remember that I measured 15 days into the shred so those results are only going to show me 2 weeks. But I guess I just don't see a huge difference from last week. Booo! I really can't see a difference between now and with my before pics either.

*tantrum complete* Thanks for letting me vent, ya'll!
  • Lauracore
    If you are eating beans or any high fiber food, than make certain that you are drinking a lot of water. Because high fiber foods can cause you to bloat and retain water.

We have 2 weeks left so keep exercising and stick with your diet plan, and you will see positive results in the next 2 weeks.
  • Littlebumblebee-- I actually started the shred earlier and so I have 5 days left of this round. :/ But, I do plan on doing another 30 days after.

I haven't been drinking as much water lately so perhaps that is right. I know I'm going to keep going but it is just so frustrating!
  • Lauracore
    Wow! That is fantastic that you only have 5 days or less left!
    Congratulations.

Are you going to repeat the 30 day shred or do another one of Jillian's dvd's?
  • Littlebumblebee-- the plan now is to repeat the shred using heavier weights (7lbs) and doing all of Nat's moves. So I'll be with you all for a little longer! I'm excited to see all of the results on this board!
  • Lauracore
    I follow Nat, and when she starts falling, I have to look away because I start falling too! What weights are you using now? I have 3 lbs.

This week I am cutting my calories, so that I can lose some inches. And I need to drink more water, I am retaining water, at the same time I am sweating a lot because of the hot heat we are having. I thought that I would have loss more inches by now. Hopefully by next week I will lose another inche at least.
  • starting mine today!!
    ready to do work!
    good luck to everyone!

Weight: 148
    Chest: 39"
    Waist: 32"
    Hips; 42"
  • zazpa

Hello and Welcome!
    How do you like the 30 day shred so far?
  • LittleBumbleBee-- I do most of Nat's moves but a few on the 3rd level are killing me. I am currently using 5lb weights but when I started I used 3lbs for the first couple days of each level.

Zazpa! Welcome welcome welcome!
  • Lauracore
    I would probably tumble over if I tried using 5lbs weights. LOL
    I hope that I lose a few inches this last week of August.
  • LittleBumbleBee-- Sometimes I think I might fall over too!

I just started day 1 of my 2nd round! WHEW! I thought I was a BA because I did this once before but level 1 still ruined me! It's good though! I can really tell a difference in my strength and endurance after the first round of the shred. Last time I was on level 1 I struggled to do the side lunges now I can do an entire set with 3 lbs weights.

Oh, yeah I thought I'd share my round 1 results. I lost 1 inch off of my bust, 1 inch off of my waist, .5 inch of my thighs, and .5 inch off of my right bicept. I lost 0 lbs though. These aren't amazing results but they are enough for me to give it another go. I've tweaked my eating a bit for this next round so hopefully that helps out too.

Hope you are all doing well!
  • Is it ok if I joy in as well? I didn't so measurements but I'm on day 2 level 2 today. My starting weight was 175 lbs. I won't do a weigh in until I'm done with the full 30 days. I take a rest day every 5 days just to give my body sometime to recover.