3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Fitness > Fitness Videos

August Turbo Fire & More Check-In

Old 08-28-2012, 11:08 PM   #91
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: 292/165.2/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Teacher Thank you. Good job on the elliptical and walk!

I started my most recent weight loss journey January 2008.
I lost 1/2 of my starting body weight and entered into maintenance May 2011.
Now the real work begins!

Maintenance Weight Range 150-155 <-- this was in the past, my current goal is to get below 160 and I will reassess from there

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:15 PM   #92
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone! Here's an update from my Endo appointment:

I just got back from my Endo (thyroid) appointment. My thyroid numbers are still off. The last time it was over 10. She wants it under 4. This time it was over 5. She is really concerned about upping my medicine because because I already take such a high dose. She thinks it's related to the stress from my Mom and will regulate in time. I will be taking a higher dose 2 days a week. She gave me samples so I don't have to buy that. I will go back and retest in 2 months.

We discussed about the IgE receptor antibody (Angio Edema). She agreed with my thinking that it was brought on from my Dad passing. She also agreed that the shingles was brought on from my Mom.

She also said that she is amazed that I am still up and functioning through all of this.

I asked about a prescription for anti nausea patches for our cruise. She is the Dr. that DH and I both see, that's the reason I asked her. She didn't want to prescribe anything else nor wants me to take anything else, especially with the Angio Edema. She doesn't want me to have a crazy flare up while on the cruise. She recommended the sea bands.

She is also impressed with how steady my weight has been through all of this. My weight is up a few pounds right now, but I guess she thinks it's within reason with what I have going on. My BP was 104/62 and my pulse was 76.

Maintenance Weight Range 150-155 <-- this was in the past, my current goal is to get below 160 and I will reassess from there

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana
Old 08-29-2012, 05:05 PM   #93

S/C/G: 222/150/140

Height: 5' 7"

Diana, so sorry I miswrote...sending you support. I'm glad that you have some good doctors to work with. I think stress can be a huge part of auto-immune disorders. My mom has lupus and this has been the case with her too. How are you feeling today?

Teacher- I'm a guidance counselor for kids in grades 6-8 and LOVE it!

Tonight - Fire 30 and Upper 20. Felt SO thin and toned but scale is the same as 1.5 weeks ago! Oh well....I'm giving myself 6 weeks to lose the last 10 pounds.

Take care and to you all!

TurboLaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:07 PM   #94

Diana - May I add I'm proud of you that you've been able to do so well in spite of everything, too. You're a very strong woman, inside and out.

Old 08-29-2012, 06:26 PM   #95

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

Diana- feel better... that's a lot going on

Laura- ah... middle school.. you're very brave!

today- elip 30 min & 2 dog walks
Old 08-29-2012, 11:48 PM   #96
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Check-In:
Insanity Core Cardio and Balance
500 Jump Ropes

I am really feeling renewed about my situation. I think my fear of food/allergic reactions has really caused me a lot of stress over the last couple of years. Now, that I have a diagnosis, I am feeling more hopeful about things. The Endo is working on my thyroid, so things are going in the right direction. Now, if I can just get rid of this itchy painful rash! Things are looking up, though!

I forgot to mention. The nurse took me to the back to do my vitals today. As soon as I got back there another nurse came in and they both commented at the same time "What are you doing? You look great!" I was really shocked that they thought I looked so good and like I had lost more weight since I am actually up on the scale. I am wondering if it's because of the workouts that I have been doing since I was there last. Before Insanity I was doing cardio/Project You Full Body Circuit and recently it's been the Insanity workouts. DH has also commented that I look smaller this year compared to my pictures from last Summer. My jean are not looser so I'm not sure what's going on. It does seem like I look smaller to other people.

Laura Thank you. I think I am feeling a lot better mentally. Now, if I can just get rid of this itchy/painful rash. You may be feeling smaller/slimmer because of inches lost. It may not be showing on the scale, but you are still having improvements.

Teacher How is the weather there? Is it nice temps for outdoor walking? Good job on the elliptical and walks.

Last edited by Diana3271 : 08-29-2012 at 11:56 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:41 PM   #97

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

Diana- the weather here was beautiful 2 weeks ago but now it's getting really hot again. It might get to 100 Sun & Mon.

My allergies are really bad- stuffy nose, red eyes, and sinus pressure
I skipped the dog walks to see if that would help my allergies. I didn't get in a formal workout but I spent the afternoon carpet cleaning my mom's house for her party on Sun.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:20 PM   #98
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Check-In:
Insanity Core Cardio and Balance
Shaun T's HHA's Fat Burning Cardio

Teacher Carpet cleaning counts as exercise! That's hard work! I bet that didn't help with your allergies, though. I hope you feel better. Those temps are hot! We have cooled off a little here and have had a lot of rain.

Old 08-30-2012, 10:58 PM   #99

Hello all! Ended up taking today as a rest day - feeling exhausted from the first week back to school..not used to getting up at 5:30

Take care all and keep up the good work.

Old 08-30-2012, 11:07 PM   #100
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboLaura View Post
Hello all! Ended up taking today as a rest day - feeling exhausted from the first week back to school..not used to getting up at 5:30

Take care all and keep up the good work.
Laura UGH! on the 5:30! Hang in there! The weekend is really close!

Old 08-31-2012, 10:16 PM   #101

Hello all!!

Yes, 5:30 feels so very early! I even have to wake my dogs up Teacher, what grade level do you like to work with? I started with HS but have been with Middle School now over 8 years and just love them!

Today I did Fire 30 and Upper 20. I was amazed at my progress and strength with doing push-ups! YAY!

Have a wonderful long weekend!

Old 08-31-2012, 11:44 PM   #102
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone! TGIF! I hope you have a great weekend!

Check-In:
500 Jump Ropes
Insanity Core Cardio & Balance

Today is the last day for Core Cardio & Balance. Tomorrow is suppose to be my rest day and Sunday is the Fit Test and the start of month 2 with Max Interval Circuit. I think I am going to change the days around. Sunday we are planning on going downtown and act like tourists. So, tomorrow I will do the Fit Test and MIC. Sunday I will take a rest day. I will probably get a good amount of walking in downtown.

Laura Great job on the push ups!

Old 09-01-2012, 12:09 AM   #103
Trying to live below 200

Thumbs up

Where did August go? Hello September! See you there! September Turbo Fire & More Check-In

Last edited by Diana3271 : 09-01-2012 at 12:09 AM.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.