3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Fitness > Fitness Videos

August Turbo Fire & More Check-In

Old 08-16-2012, 07:48 PM   #46

S/C/G: 222/150/140

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all!! Teacher - NICE JOB working out and for trying new workouts. Thanks also for the info on Disneyland. I'm really thinking we will do that for 2 days on our way to Maui next August.

Diana - Martha's Vineyard was lovely!! Very much like Cape Cod Mass and that's where you take the ferry from. Beautiful beaches, hotels, restaurants, etc. There is a great little restuant called "The Black Dog" which is a cool landmark! Also, Gay Head, Oak Bluffs, and Edgartown. My husband loves it there and used to go frequently but it was my first time. He says that the beaches at Gay Head are the best!

My bum and legs are so incredibly sore from lower 20 and fire 45ez!! Core 20 and Stretch 10 tonight.

Keep up your good work

TurboLaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:50 PM   #47
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: 292/165.2/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: Insanity Cardio Power and Resistance

Teacher I'm not a shopper, so I don't worry about being tempted by the mall. Some people are shoppers and mall walking is not a good option for them. KWIM?

Laura Martha's Vineyard does sound lovely. I will get there one day. Are you walking funny today from the lower 20?

I started my most recent weight loss journey January 2008.
I lost 1/2 of my starting body weight and entered into maintenance May 2011.
Now the real work begins!

Maintenance Weight Range 150-155 <-- this was in the past, my current goal is to get below 160 and I will reassess from there

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

Last edited by Diana3271 : 08-16-2012 at 09:50 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:07 PM   #48

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

today- ymca 45 min cycling- loved this teacher
Old 08-17-2012, 02:44 PM   #49
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

Hello everyone! Today is day 5 of clean eating and I have had ZERO binges! I'm pretty stoked about that considering last night, I started getting antsy and wanting to eat, but I distracted myself with some episodes of Trueblood and was able to eat my dinner without the urge to go back for more.

Teacher- This is my second round of CLX. I did it before about 2 years ago when I was hard core into weight loss and I had great results! And into the second month now, I am definitely getting stronger and lifting helped my running speed GREATLY. I've tried p90x and for some reason I just can't get into that workout. I've tried them all and the only one I get a good burn from is the chest and back workout. The others I am not impressed with. I just love CLX. Chalene makes lifting weights FUN. I've tried lifting at the gym, and the intimidation of all those big boys grunting and taking up all the machines just isn't for me, lol. Wow I am typing up a novel here, I'll shut up now lol!

You all are doing great!

Today's workouts: Couch to 5k week 4 day 3! and Push circuit 3.

As a reward to myself for sticking to clean eating for 5 days I am dying my hair later tonight. I hope it turns out how I want it!

Have a good day!

Made it to ONEDERLAND (the first time) 16/nov/2009!!!
Gained some back, but will be back in ONEDERLAND soon!
Couch 2 5k Graduate
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:55 PM   #50

Hello ladies!!!

Nice work with all the workouts! Evelhaelf - I'm tempted to buy CXL and do a hybrid between CXL and TF starting in Jan. I'm so much more of a cardio person and I'm a little nervous about the weight lifting!! I do love Chalene though! YAY for the 5 days of no binges! That's huge

Diana - Martha's Vineyard is worth it Not walking too funny today BUT sitting down is sore

Today: Fire 30 and Upper 20. This is my first time doing upper 20 so we will see how this goes!!

BIG NEWS on the weight loss front today. I HIT 70 POUNDS LOST! WAAHOO!

Old 08-17-2012, 03:01 PM   #51
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

Laura, CONGRATS on 70 pounds lost! Outstanding!

Made it to ONEDERLAND (the first time) 16/nov/2009!!!
Gained some back, but will be back in ONEDERLAND soon!
Couch 2 5k Graduate
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:05 PM   #52
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone! TGIF! I hope you have a great weekend!

Check-In: Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit

Teacher Great job on the spinning. How is the new bike cushion working for you?

EveLHaelf How did you hair turn out?

Laura Congrats on the 70 pounds!

Maintenance Weight Range 150-155 <-- this was in the past, my current goal is to get below 160 and I will reassess from there

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana
Old 08-18-2012, 04:36 PM   #53

Hello ladies!!

Check in for today: Fire 60 - LOVE this workout!

Diana - great job with Insanity! Is it much harder than TF?
Evelhaef - how's your hair??
Teacher - did the new seat help? Back in my college days I did a lot of bike riding and my butt would always really hurt, too!

Treated myself today to an organic banana and a single serving of peanut butter...delicious! I can't buy PB for the house because my hubby and I would eat the entire container in 1 day

Keep up the good work!

Old 08-18-2012, 06:09 PM   #54

laura- congrats on 70 pounds!!!

Sadly, the seat felt weird to me. I'll keep taking it to class and see which works better for me.

today- long walk with the dogs
Old 08-19-2012, 12:29 AM   #55
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

No workout to report today. We were invited to a wedding reception. A couple weeks ago I started shopping to buy something to wear to this function. I still don't have many dress clothes since losing weight. I hate dressing up and I hate shopping even more than I hate dressing up. Last year, when I needed an outfit for the holidays, I found a SA that took the time to help me find a great outfit. I decided to go back to this store. Luckily enough, the same SA was there. I found an outfit that I really liked. I was also able to find the whole outfit at a reasonable price. I paid $70 for a dressy top, bottoms and dress Naturalizer shoes. I don't think that's bad at all. There were going to be some people at this reception that worked with my Mom before she retired. My Mom was always a very good dresser. She didn't wear designer clothes, she just knew how to put them together the right way. I wanted to make sure I looked my best at this event. Today, I took some extra time getting ready for the wedding reception we were attending. I wanted to look my best. I felt so chic and stylish today. I loved how I looked in my new outfit. I have been very overweight the majority of my life. Today is one of the times that I am so glad that I have been able to lose the weight. The reception was outside and it was a little warm. I didn't even break a sweat. I saw a lot of people sweating out there. Previously, I would have been one of them. In fact, I could out sweat the best of them. They had these little chairs that are always at these events. I didn't feel like I was going to break the chair when I sat down. It was such an amazing feeling to be normal and to actually feel "chic" and "stylish". I also know that my Mom would have been proud of me.

Laura OMG! YES! Insanity is harder than TF. LOL on the peanut butter. Before the allergy, I couldn't have it in the house either. It wouldn't last a day with me either. It would only get through one sitting.

Teacher Maybe the seat takes time getting used to. Keep trying.

Last edited by Diana3271 : 08-19-2012 at 12:32 AM.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:55 AM   #56

YAY Diana!! Awesome job and awesome feeling. You deserve to be proud of yourself and feel "normal" but you're above that. What you've accomplised is so much more than what most can! ROCK ON!

Last edited by TurboLaura : 08-19-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:31 PM   #57

Check in for Sunday - TF 55EZ and 2 mile walk with the pooches and hubby.

Side note: my hair seems to be falling out a lot lately...to the point where it's feeling different. Has anyone else had this happen? This happened to me when I quit smoking 4 years ago and I guessed it was from stress. I have a huge amount of hair but I'm getting a little worried! Piles of hair on the bathroom floor are scary and I'm wondering if it has to do with my weight loss. Having a physical for the first time in YEARS tomorrow and I'm dreading the weigh in. I haven't let anyone weigh me and haven't told anyone my real weight since I was about 15...believe it or not when I had a minor lumpectomy 1.5 years ago, when I weighed about 210 I told them I was 185. Let's just say it screwed up the anesthesia and they said I was moving during surgery...YIKES! Very nervous about tomorrow and asking to not be weighed....I just hate it! Even if I was 132 I would still not want it. It's just so psychological for me. Sorry for the rant

Keep up the good work everyone!

Old 08-19-2012, 08:40 PM   #58

Diana- wow congrats... what a special day & you deserve it. So happy for you!

Laura- no, I haven't had any hair loss but I haven't lost much weight yet either. I hope the doctor has some answers. I would think they'd be okay skipping the weigh in. Let us know... thinking of you

No workout today- i volunteered at a bike ride that benefits children with visual impairments. We had 130 cyclist compared to last year at 75. A great day helping the kiddos but I'm tired! Back to the y tomorrow
Old 08-19-2012, 08:49 PM   #59
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Check-In:
Insanity Pure Cardio
Insanity Cardio Abs

I am still amazed at how much I sweat with these workouts.

Laura I totally understand about being weighed. I know you weigh on a regular basis. Can you weigh yourself and tell them. That way you have the control. My hair is very thin from being hypothyroid. A year ago my hair turned from being stick straight to curly. Don't even ask what happened. I don't have a clue. Two years ago I developed a crazy food allergy and then last year the curly hair. What's next for me? Something funny about the hair. Last year I couldn't figure out what was wrong with my hair. I couldn't fix it. I have it cut/colored every month. I went to the hair appointment and was complaining that I couldn't fix my hair anymore and I didn't know what was wrong with it. The hairdresser washed my hair. I was sitting in front of the mirror and before our eyes, my hair started curling up since it was wet and drying. She said that happens sometimes as people age.

Teacher Good job volunteering! I know you were a busy girl with all of those riders!

Old 08-19-2012, 11:34 PM   #60

Diana and Teacher - I can't thank you enough for your kind words and support. I'm planning on kinda making a joke about the weigh in thing with the medical assistant/nurse and will tell my doctor my weight...and I won't lie!

Diana, thanks for sharing the info about your hair. That's truly amazing! I've heard that some medical treatments can also curl hair!!

Take care ladies and I'll let you know how it goes!!

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.