Old 03-17-2012, 10:50 AM   #46  
The Last 10lbs!

Welcome Alycat! I think it's great to start off doing Chalean Extreme with just bodyweight - I'm sure in no time you'll be lifting super heavy Don't give up this time - stick with us!! I find the forums are such great support for programs like this.

I will be starting my last week of Push tomorrow. Can't wait! I think this month has taken me about a week longer than it should have, but I'm trying not to get too down about that. Looking forward to Lean! Can't wait to hear what you think Karray!
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:31 AM   #47  
The Last 10lbs!

Hey, have you done Extreme Abs yet Karray? Holy am I sore this morning! It's twice as long as the last ab video and seriously hard work!

Edit: There's no way I can do Circuit 1 of my last week of Push today. I am SO SORE from a youtube workout I did yesterday and the Extreme Abs video. Then boyfriend asked if I wanted to go swimming with him, so I did some very slow laps in the local pool for about half an hour. It felt nice on the sore muscles! But now I just want to plunk down and do nothing, lol. I'll try to get Circuit 1 in on Tuesday as tomorrow is yoga!

Last edited by freedomreins; 03-18-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:20 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 283/229.6/160

Height: 5'6

I'm in my last week of Burn Circuit, wow that Fat Blaster Bonus video is great! I was seriously thinking of adding turbo fire into my program, all those sweaty people in the infomercial just get me going! But I think I'll hold off for a bit, dont want to overload myself. Hope everyone is doing well!
Melokoton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:00 PM   #49  

Hey ladies! Was very sick last night and my stomach is still sore from it so i'm taking today off, or at least the morning. If I feel better i'll start out my second week of burn tonight but if not i'll just do it in the morning and skip the day off that's scheduled. This week i'm working on planning out my eating better. My workouts were great last week but my eating was absolute garbage.

I'm currently using WW points to keep track of my food intake. I've had success on WW in the past but it was when I was single back in 2003, so it's been a long time. I'm not using the current plan, I have an old calculator from the flex plan that i'm using. I'm trying to focus on eating cleaner foods.

For breakfast i'm eating plain oatmeal with some scrambled eggs, snack 1 is a pack of 100 calorie almonds and apple slices, lunch is a tuna sandwhich (though with how my stomach is today, I may just opt for a protien shake, we'll see), dinner is chicken, brown rice and green beans and then snack 2 might be another protien shake. I'm trying the whole 5-6 mini meals deal. I figure if I can stick to good eating 6 days a week then one day a week I can have ONE treat meal a week. Something tells me eventually eating super healthy will cause that one treat meal to not be worth it, BUT, you gotta make things livable

Last edited by alycat31; 03-19-2012 at 12:07 PM.
alycat31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:12 AM   #50  
The Last 10lbs!

I've not done the Fat Blaster Bonus Melokotron. Glad to hear it's good! I also don't have any experience with Turbofire but it looks pretty fun.

Sorry to hear you're feeling under the weather alycat. Hope you feel better today! Definitely good to take a rest day, sounds like your body needs it! Weight Watchers worked for me, I lost at least 20lbs (didn't have an accurate starting weight - was probably closer to 25lbs) on it and am now focusing on whole foods and following a reasonably strict paleo diet, though I do tend to go off course more often than not It can be so hard sometimes, but nothing worth doing is ever easy. I followed the old flex plan as well - it worked great for me!

So pleased we have more nice people on our board now!

I didn't go to yoga yesterday (bad, I know) so I came home and did Push W4C1 instead. Only two more to go!

Last edited by freedomreins; 03-20-2012 at 04:13 AM.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:12 PM   #51  

Hi there! Did burn circuit 1 again this morning. I've been using 8lbs and 10lb weights, I may need to see about getting a 12, as my arms just don't seem to fail as quickly as my legs do LOL they feel the burn instantly.

I think whole foods keep you fuller longer. I'm trying to eat mostly whole goods. I may need to have a bite of something before my workout, as I normally don't eat until after i'm finished but by then i'm wanting to eat the entire house LOL
Old 03-21-2012, 05:49 PM   #52  

Burn Circuit 2 today. I gotta say, Burn 2 is one of my least favorites because it kills me the most lol I am horrible at the bowlers lunge part and the sumo squat with tricep extension I can not do very many of, it gives me a head rush and I can't seem to relax my neck lol

And they are right, on lifting days I am ten times more hungry than on cardio days

Last edited by alycat31; 03-21-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:14 AM   #53  
The Last 10lbs!

I am too. I have a tsp of almond butter (straight from the jar - yyeaaaah) and a few big sips of water before I work out. That tides me over and stops me from being ravenous when I'm finished. I can't exercise on a totally empty stomach because I just don't have the energy to lift heavy!!

I am the opposite of you alycat. My legs are a lot stronger than my arms. They are so weak! I am still only using 10lb weights for the arm exercises and it's the end of my second month!

I am doing the last Push workout today, then moving on to Lean probably on Tuesday. Can't wait! YAHOO! Have you started Lean yet Karray? How's it going?
Old 03-24-2012, 10:23 PM   #54  

Height: 5'7

I did a couple extra days of Push because this week was just crazy! I'm getting ready to go on vacation so I'm thinking about holding off on Lean until I get back in about a week and a half. Hopefully it won't mess me up too much because I am really looking forward to a break.

I'm glad more people are doing Chalean, keep up the good work and I'll be back after vacation.
Karray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:15 AM   #55  
The Last 10lbs!

I'm sure it won't mess you up at all. Holding off on starting the new month is probably a good idea. Have a lovely time on vacation!
Old 03-27-2012, 02:13 PM   #56  
The Last 10lbs!

Not to scare anyone but Lean is TOUGH. I just finished Circuit 1 and not only is it 10 minutes longer (43 minutes), it takes a lot of concentration to get the movements right. The first circuit focuses very heavily on biceps - mine will be screaming tomorrow! I am looking forward to Circuit 2 though, I really do love this program, and Chalene saying that this month is where the changes really happen just makes me want to dive right in!
Old 04-01-2012, 12:10 PM   #57  
The Last 10lbs!

You guys haven't given up have you? I did Lean Circuit 2 yesterday. I'm not as sore today as I was after Circuit 1 but the plank moves in both are so difficult! I'll have to see what Circuit 3 has in store for me on Wednesday!
Old 04-02-2012, 04:58 PM   #58  
The Last 10lbs!

Where is everyone? Karray, are you back from vacation?

Since I'm halfway through the program (I'll do the Lean for Life month at the end), I wrote a blog post about it and my thoughts. It's here for anyone interested in reading about Chalean Extreme before jumping in: http://fitformyfork.wordpress.com/20...treme-halfway/
Old 04-02-2012, 06:07 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 283/229.6/160

Height: 5'6

I just got back from vacation yesterday, starting Push phase tomorrow!
Melokoton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:34 AM   #60  
The Last 10lbs!

Great Melokoton! Did you have a nice vacation?

I hope you like Push! I think I preferred it to Burn!