Old 02-07-2011, 07:20 AM   #1  
A new beginning

S/C/G: 255/228/150

Height: 5'8"

Default 30 Day Shred - check in

Hi, I am starting Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred today. If anyone would like to join me that would be great! I also have her 6 week Six-Pack dvd, I am looking to do both. I will let you know how that goes!
Jacki73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:05 PM   #2  
A new beginning

Day 1

Just finished Shred and 6 week six-pack, back to back. I am wiped out! LOL I love Shred! 6 week six-pack was a little harder, I wasn't able to do the walk out plank or side plank. In time....
Old 02-08-2011, 10:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 213/202/170

Height: 6'0

i am doing 30 day shred also.....i am so sore! Lol tomorrow will be day three for me.
oklahomachick26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:11 PM   #4  
Amanda Swan

S/C/G: 231/220/160

Height: 5'6

I am doing the 30 day shred too! I do the video and then get on the treadmill for a hour. Tomorrow will be day 5 but I may just do the treadmill and do day 5 on the 10th.. haha I was so sore at work today I couldnt get down and grab anything of the bottom shelves.
amandaswan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/210/150

Height: 5'6"

Hey guys! I did day 3 yesterday- today is my "rest" day b/c I don't get home until about 10:00, and then I eat dinner. But I'll be back on track tomorrow w day 4!
Lily In Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 213/202/170

Height: 6'0

so seeing as most of us are pretty sore after doing the video (it hurts me to walk lol) is it okay to keep going without a rest day? Im just starting this excersize stuff and i wouldnt want to over do it, but i dont want to stop either. I like doing the video everyday. And thoughts?
oklahomachick26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:32 AM   #7  

I'm doing it every day, but I've also had to make a couple modifications.

1- For cardio I just do step on my wii balance board (except when she does punches). I live on the second floor, and you can hear ppl walking, so I can only imagine how jumping must sound. I think that doing step on the balance board is at least kinda quiet. They have a little baby too, so I try to be courteous.

2- I don't have weights, so I use canned tomatoes (but they're only 1 LB).

It's still a good workout, I think, but a bit less intense so I don't feel bad about doing it every day.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:02 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/156/125

Height: 5'2

Day five tomorrow! Hardest things for me are the push-ups and when you do the jump-rope, my calves cramp up like anything, no matter how much I'm careful to plant my heels on the floor each time!!

It seemed harder today, but I'm feeling a bit under the weather so that's probably why. Sore throat and phlegm do not stand in the way of Jillian kicking my arse! ;D!

I don't have weights either, so I use 2 full 1L bottles of squash. XD
Marchmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:13 AM   #9  
A new beginning

Hello everyone!

I finished day 2 yesterday. I was so sore! LOL Today, I was unable to do Day 3 before work, so I will take the day off from Shred and 6-Pack. I am going to the gym tonight, it is my cardio day (30 mins treadmill, 30 mins elliptical).

Oklahomachick, doing it every day is fine. I don't think you need a rest day. I plan on doing Shred 6 days a week. I would love to do Jillians Six-Pack with it, but will have to see how that goes. LOL I also go to the gym 5 days a week, alternating cardio (30 mins treadmill, 30 mins elliptical) and strength ( arms, shoulders, back, chest, legs and stomach weight machines) days. Reason I take one day off.

Amanda, cardio after is GREAT! You are going to melt away!

Lily, I love your modifications! You are such a sweetheart! I would be the same way if I lived above someone. When I didn't have weights I also used milk jugs, after I drank the milk, I cleaned them out and added water to them.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:46 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 176/133.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Me too! Day 2 of the Shred for me and I'm so, so sore. Hurts to walk down stairs. I picked up some weights yesterday and used them today...makes a big difference in the upper body soreness. I'm sure I look like a fool but, luckily, I can close the curtains, lock the door and know that there is no one who lives below me (though the people up stairs probably hear me).

I've tried to add a dance DVD into my routine as well...anyone have one they love? I've got Just Dance and it gets my heart rate going...the Dancing with the Stars one I picked up is not very good in my opinion (they don't explain the steps very well and it didn't get my heart going). Suggestions are welcome!
asweetchicagogirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:58 AM   #11  

Jacki- Milk jugs is a great idea- I was trying to think of how to up my "weights" w/o actually buying weights. I have one nearly empty now, so by next week I should be able to have a matched set =)

Marchmellow- Glad someone else isn't using "real" weights either. Makes me feel like less of a dork lifting my tomatoes. I was almost in trouble Monday, cause I made dinner out of my weights (tomato soup), but then I found some beans hiding in the cupboard...
Old 02-09-2011, 11:11 AM   #12  
A new beginning

Hi Marchmallow and sweetchicagogal!

Marchmallow, Jillian would be proud of you! I hope you feel better soon!

Sweetchicagogal, you may feel foolish, definitely don't look it! Getting healthy and fit makes you look GREAT! I do not have advice on any dancing dvds. I added Jillians 6 week Six-Pack to my Shred routine. Are you looking for something to do after your Shred workout or on days you don't do Shred?

Lily, happy to help you out! That is great you will have the matching one soon! Not sure what made me think of using that, but I just started working out and looked around the house for something. LOL That was over 10 years ago! It did the job!
Old 02-09-2011, 11:19 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 197/156/125

Height: 5'2

Thanks Jacki! I'm giving it 100%!
Marchmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:27 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 176/133.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Nice to meet you, Jacki! I'm looking for something to do in the evenings when I get home (I do the 30 day shred in the morning before work). I have a treadmill at home but also have a puppy who won't let me use it without barking at it like a lunatic (never thought I would use a puppy as an excuse not to use it). For some reason he is ok with the exercise videos...though he almost stepped on me during the last strength portion of the shred this morning (where you do the chest fly exercises laying down). Not cool considering he is roughly 85 pounds.

I don't think doing the 30 day shred alone will be enough to get my butt in shape. I'm going to try and do the 30 day shred without "off" days (other than next week when I'm traveling for work for 2 days...I will use the hotel's exercise facility instead) but we'll see how that works (I'm sitting down typing this and feel my thighs/knees aching).
asweetchicagogirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:52 AM   #15  
A new beginning

Thanks, it is nice to meet you too Sweetchicagogal! I was born and raised in Chicago. We moved to New Lenox (40 mins southwest of Chicago), about 9 years ago. Our families still reside in Chicago. Nice to meet someone from my area! I know what you are going through! I have a 90 lb golden retriever! He just turned 2, and full of energy! Haha I can not work out with him in the same room, he thinks that is play time. I have to keep him in the kitchen. He didn't like it at first but adjusted rather quickly. I just give him his kong filled with treats, that keeps him busy for a while. I agree, you do need to add more, especially since you are not able to use your treadmill. Is there any way you can put him somewhere while you use it? If not, adding another dvd is a great idea. The only dvds I have tried (somewhat recently) are Slim In Six, Power 90, Shred and 6 week Six-pack. I love Power 90 (tried it 2 years ago) and would have started again, but my daughter borrowed it and lost the 1st disc (it is 2 dvd's). I heard great things about Power 90X. Looking to do that after Shred (hopefully LOL). Power 90 has a kickboxing exercise, talk about AWESOME! Are you interested in something like that?