Old 10-26-2011, 03:21 AM   #106  
The Last 10lbs!

Hi phd2be! Glad you could join us!
I will definitely have to give Burn Intervals a shot next week. I'm kind of scared now that you've said it was so difficult! I hate doing cardio workouts indoors. We live in a very small flat...
I did Burn Circuit 3 last night after a long day of work and grocery shopping in the evening. Instead of just plopping down on the couch I got up and lifted some weights and it felt wonderful! I definitely need to go heavier on the lower body exercises.
See you guys tomorrow!

Last edited by freedomreins; 10-26-2011 at 03:21 AM.
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:36 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 194/Ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I did circuit 3 today. My legs are still like jello haha! I can't wait till this soreness goes away. I'm tired of it! I'm not giving up! I'm going to work my *** off and get great results like I always dreamed but never thought possible.
SophieCormier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:13 PM   #108  
The Last 10lbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieCormier View Post
I did circuit 3 today. My legs are still like jello haha! I can't wait till this soreness goes away. I'm tired of it! I'm not giving up! I'm going to work my *** off and get great results like I always dreamed but never thought possible.
If this was like Facebook I would totally like your comment Sophie!

I think I said in my last post that doing cardio in my flat is near impossible. Well, not impossible, but not easy, and it makes A LOT of noise. So I may not do the cardio bits of the program and focus instead of the weights. But I am worried I won't get very good results this way.

I've already lost most of the weight I want to lose and I cycle to and from work every day (just over 4 miles round trip) and walk a lot on weekends, usually 3-5 miles and sometimes more depending on the weather.

Also, honestly, sometimes I'm too lazy after work to jump around...

Hm. I don't know what to do about this. Any post-ChaLean-ers have experience with this? How valuable is the cardio aspect of this program, considering it's not the main focus, if you're already nearly at goal?

Cheers
Old 10-27-2011, 07:16 PM   #109  

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomreins View Post
If this was like Facebook I would totally like your comment Sophie!
Awwww! Thanks girl! That means a lot! Today I did Burn It Off & Recharge. At first, I didn't know what Recharge was. I almost didn't do it because after the Burn It Off workout, I was ready to call it a day. But I looked through it and saw that it was yoga poses & stretches. I knew I much needed it. I've been so stiff this week. It would only do me good. I did and I'm so happy I did. I feel so relaxed now. Unreal! I just feel like showering and going to bed and it's only 8PM LOL! Tomorrow is a rest day and then I start my second week. I'm slowly getting back into my workout routine. I do my workout after dinner at around 7PM and everything works out. I wish I could wake up early and do it in the morning but I just love to sleep so I have a hard time waking up at the time I am now. Anyways, I hope everyone is having a good day. Keep it up Freedomreins! I'm sure you'll be seeing that six pack soon
Old 10-28-2011, 02:44 PM   #110  
The Last 10lbs!

Well done Sophie! I think the Recharge video looks pretty good. Instead of Burn It Off I might do the abs one again and Recharge tonight. My abs were sore for days after doing it last time!!

Have you always worked out after dinner Sophie? I have only done it once but I think I may start doing that because it's hard to fit it in before. Any tips?

I had an extra rest day this week (really didn't feel like working out yesterday!) so I'll be joining you on Week 2 on Sunday! My boyfriend's parents are coming up tomorrow so I doubt I'll have a chance to do Circuit 1.

phd2be, how are you doing?

What weights are you both using? I use 5.5lbs (2.5kg) for the upper body and 10lbs for lower body. I've made some marks on my sheet for exercises where I think I could go higher next time so I think I'll try to at least up the lower body ones. I'd be interested to hear what weights you're using!

Last edited by freedomreins; 10-28-2011 at 02:52 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:58 PM   #111  

The way I plan it is I give myself a time every day that I workout. Like it says on her video, if you have it scheduled, you're more likely to do it. I think that's true. I usually do mine between 7-8. It gives me enough time shower and then relax before going to bed. I think it works best for me.
I haven't tried Abs yet. I'm not as sore today so that's AWESOME! It looks like Recharge really helped. I have Circuit 1 scheduled for tomorrow and I have some people coming so I'll have to do it early if I want to get everything set up before people start arriving. I have a big day tomorrow. It's my Halloween/Birthday party. I won't be following my diet that day but I'll try to squeeze in my workout. Keep on pushing it freedomreins, we're getting there! I didn't lose any weight this week but I also didn't gain so I'm still happy. Next Monday, I'm doing the detox part of my diet for 9 days to boost my weight loss again. Can't wait to start losing again.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:11 PM   #112  

Height: 5'6"

Looks like you ladies are doing well! freedomreins, I have the same problem with doing cardio in my apartment. I am on the second floor and am always scared to jump around too much because I don't want to bother my downstairs neighbors. So far, I've just been doing the workouts as is and haven't had any complaints (yet).

I did Burn Circuit 3 today and am totally wiped out (but not nearly as wiped out as I was after the intervals and abs yesterday!). freedom, to answer your question about what weights I am using, I was using 5s and 8s because that was all I had but my DBF splurged and got us the select tech weights (the ones Chalene uses in the videos) to share. Today was the first time I tried them and it totally kicked up the intensity. I was able to go up to 17.5 pounds on my lower body and the highest I used for upper body was 12.5 pounds. I definitely felt like I was "failing" by my 12th rep, and I anticipate that I'll be super sore tomorrow!

Happy birthday Sophie!
phd2be123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:15 PM   #113  
The Last 10lbs!

Happy Halloween/Happy birthday Sophie!! Halloween is my favourite 'holiday' - you chose a great time to be born!!

I should really consider scheduling this in to my day like you and Chalene suggest. I'm sure that will help me stick to working out.

I just did the abs workout and Recharge and it's quarter past 11! I can't believe I even bothered this late so I'm pretty pleased with myself. I anticipate having sore abs again tomorrow - it is seriously killer considering it's only 10 mins. You should give it a try Sophie!

What sort of detox are you doing? I had two rather large pieces of carrot cake at work today... ahhh, I am so good most of the time but I do tend to have some kind of treat most days (though it usually isn't as extravagant as carrot cake, usually just like some dark chocolate or one cookie or something - even then I shouldn't treat myself so much!!). I'm sure the weight will start coming off soon. I've heard the Burn phase of Chalean Extreme isn't great for losing weight but that it comes off more in the other stages. Hope that's true for us both!

Way to go with the heavier weights phd! I'm on the ground floor of our block of flats but we have neighbours behind us and above us and the walls are thinner than paper. Plus I feel like I shake the whole place when I jump around - our building has been renovated but the structure itself is pretty old! I think for cardio I might get back into running or go for a longer cycle instead of doing Chalene's cardio videos. That might work better for me (and I like exercising outside, though I'm sure I'll change my tune when it begins to get colder!). I'm glad you're still here with us!

Last edited by freedomreins; 10-28-2011 at 06:18 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:50 PM   #114  

Thanks guys! My birthday is actually on Wednesday but I always celebrate it with Halloween parties. Hehe!
I ate a lot of crap. Even today... candy, chocolate, you name it! I also didn't do my workout on Saturday. I'll be doing my Circuit 2 tonight though. I'm just going to go on as if nothing happened. I need to work on my diet again. It's starting to suck again... uh oh!
Old 11-01-2011, 04:28 AM   #115  
The Last 10lbs!

I ate a ton this weekend too Sophie - my boyfriend's parents always show up with a TON of goodies and we always end up eating out. I am trying to be more strict with my diet this week to make up for it! Still, no one wants to feel restricted on their birthday so I hope you enjoyed the treats!

I did Circuit 1 last night and went up by 5lbs of weight on some of the exercises since I thought it was too easy when I did it before. I was pretty pleased with that - it was a LOT harder than it was last week!

How are you doing phd2be?
Old 11-01-2011, 07:44 AM   #116  

I also ate a LOT this weekend! Something about the cold, dreary weather (and halloween, of course) makes it so difficult to stay on track sometimes! I agree with freedom - birthday celebrations are a time when I definitely feel that we should be easier/less restrictive with ourselves! Sophie, I hope you had fun celebrating this weekend and that you enjoy your real birthday too!

Freedom, way to go with upping the weights! I also did burn circuit 1 (week 2) last night and also increased the weights. My body is DEFINITELY feeling it today! Question for you guys: are you incorporating any additional cardio? I've been adding about 30-40 minutes of cardio on the weight lifting days, and was just curious what others are doing.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:53 AM   #117  

Thanks
I can't believe it... Last night, we went to my boyfriend's parents for most of the night, when I got home, I started watching a show on tv and when it was getting too late, I was about to jump the shower when it hit me... I forgot my workout!!! I TOTALLY forgot. It was already going to be 11PM by the time I went to bed after shower, I couldn't do my workout because it would've been close to 12 before I went to bed. I'm going to remember to do my workout tonight! I think it's because of the 3 days with no workout that got me all out of whack. I'll get back on it tonight.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:08 PM   #118  
The Last 10lbs!

I completed Circuit 2 about an hour ago and I am exhausted. I had to do the dishes afterwards (boyfriend cooked - it's only fair!) and I felt like my legs were all wobbly the whole time I was standing at the sink! I went heavier on almost everything so I imagine I'll be able to feel it tomorrow!

Sophie, don't sweat it, it's still easy to forget and we all have to make a conscious effort until working out regularly becomes a habit! We can do this though!! I'm sure you'll get back on track soon!

phd, I cycle to and from work every day (4 miles round trip - about 15 minutes each way) and try to alternate my pace as much as I can (it's a pretty flat route). I am not following Chalene's cardio videos yet though. My goal is to do one this weekend since I didn't do any last week! I think extra cardio certainly can't hurt. Personally, I hate cardio so I only like things that get me somewhere, like walking to the shops or cycling to work.

For the first time tomorrow night I am trying out hot (bikram) yoga. I am really nervous and also kind of excited! So again this week I won't be quite sticking to the schedule... the only things that ever remain constant are circuits 1, 2, and 3, and I kind of mix and match the rest of the stuff with other things I have planned. Have either of you guys tried hot yoga before? Any advice?!

Last edited by freedomreins; 11-02-2011 at 04:09 PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:47 PM   #119  

Sophie - it happens to the best of us! The important thing is to get back on track, which it sounds like you're doing! Also, hope you're having a fun birthday!

Freedom - very cool that you cycle to work! I am a firm believer in only doing exercise that's enjoyable/works into your daily routine. Good luck with bikram yoga! I've taken yoga classes before, but never hot yoga. The things I've heard from friends who have taken it have been polarized (either loved it or hated it) so I'm definitely interested to hear your take on it! I hope that you enjoy it!

Completed burn circuit 2 today and noticed I'm getting some pain in my forearms (feels kind of like a shin splint, except in my forearms). I think maybe I've been too ambitious with how high I've been upping my weights, but I'll see if it feels better in the next day or 2 before deciding how to tackle the pain (I am quite stubborn with backing down on exercise if I have an injury, which I know isn't wise!).

Hope everyone has a good night!
Old 11-04-2011, 03:01 PM   #120  
The Last 10lbs!

Oh my goodness, hot yoga killed me. It was SO HOT! I mean, obviously I expected that, but the humidity was almost unbearable. Even the teacher commented on it. I think hot yoga is definitely like marmite - you either love it or you hate it. I don't think I'll be going back but the place was packed so clearly a lot of people love it!

I get a bit of pain in my wrists with heavy weights, phd. I wonder if it might be a similar thing? Like my arms are strong enough to deal with them but my wrist isn't!

Hope you had a lovely birthday Sophie!