3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Fitness Videos (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos-178/)
-   -   Any Tae Bo ppl out there? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos/226714-any-tae-bo-ppl-out-there.html)

jasmtnljj 02-27-2011 09:21 AM

Any Tae Bo ppl out there?

I have quickly become a fan of Billy Blanks Tae Bo Amped workouts and would love to have some daily tae bo accountability

MissKoo 03-04-2011 04:11 PM

DH and I got out the old Tae Bo tapes the other night. I used to love doing tham but I have a bad back now and I'm not in good enough shape to do the kicks! As soon as I am able I will certainly join you - I've always thought Tae Bo was a fun workout.

Even more fun is sitting there watching my two-left-feet got-no-rhythm hubby doing those moves!:rofl: Looked like he was trying to stamp out a camp fire.:sumo: Poor guy. And he actually boxed in college.:D:boxing:

Ashley89 03-06-2011 04:36 PM

i love tae bo. as a matter of fact mostly all my progress is from tae bo. i love it so much that i give it EVERYTHING i have everytime i put the dvd in.. now im doing turbofire which is just like taebo except better music, and you dont stop to catch your breath :)

lionessavv 03-07-2011 06:13 PM

I love Taebo. I lost 50 lbs last year doing that as well as Biggest Loser Cardio Max and eating better. Then I had a knee injury and halted my progress for a little bit. Just got back into the swing of things a few weeks ago. Sad thing is youtube took down taebo last week. I have the videos at home but find time to work out at work so needless to say it's been missed. RIP Youtube Taebo

thenewjan 03-10-2011 09:40 AM

Tae Bo 4 Me 2!

Hi all, I love Tae Bo and used it a lot last year on my initial trek to lose weight and become healthy. I am doing Chalean Extreme right now, but am going to add some Tae Bo for extra Cardio. I have tons of Billy Blanks Tae Bo DVD's, including Bootcamp Elite, Amped and T3........................would love to follow with you guys too......:belly: And I also do belly dancing..........:smug:

thenewjan 03-15-2011 10:08 AM

Hello Out There

Where did everyone go???? It's nice to have someone with interests in the same thing to chat with. It's pretty lonely here, LOL......:listen:

Dagny18 03-15-2011 10:18 AM

I sometimes do Tae Bo dvds! I don't have all of them, have wanted the amp series for a while.
But I have the boot camp ones, all of them, and those bands. I found them at a thrift shop for only $20! I was soooo happy that day!! Most of them were new and the receipt was still in the box...over $70 or so for that collection I think! I felt like I was stealing, lol
It also had a paper on a diet outline (which I did not use) and a routine/schedule of the workouts for 3-4 weeks. So, I followed that the entire month...I don't think I lost "weight" on the scale, but I felt like my arms and shoulders became more defined...

thenewjan 03-15-2011 10:32 AM

Know what you mean. I find that Tae Bo is sooooo addictive. I think I have almost all of his, LOL. I have them listed on my Blog too. I love Tae Bo for toning and as you said, you can notice some definition when doing it. I was doing some form of it everyday for about 3 mths then started changing things up cause I seemed to be at a plateau.....and then christmas fat, LOL......here we go, trying again.........................I am not giving up :devil:

Dagny18 03-15-2011 10:40 AM

Yea, I change it up because it gets repetitive.
Right now I seem to be rotating Bob's Workouts (cardio and strength) a step dvd for cardio, and Jillian's Kettlebell dvd and her 6 week 6 pack for an "active" rest day. But, I did throw in a Tae Bo dvd last week to change it up.

thenewjan 03-15-2011 01:12 PM

Right now I am doing Chalean Extreme, throwing in a Tae Bo Cardio when I can along with my belly dancing. Sometimes not enough time in the day, LOL Plus I do a bit on the elliptical in the morning before work. Seems like you can never do enough, :p

Dagny18 03-15-2011 09:51 PM

I don't have the Chalean ones :( I have heard of them though....but can't find them in Walmart and can't buy online...
I look for them at yard sales and thrift shops though =D

thenewjan 03-16-2011 10:24 AM

You can get them on the beachbody site or her own I think. I don't know about ebay. They are pretty expensive to buy outright, I know that much. They are also an intense workout with the weights so instead of building up my single free weights collection I got a set at walmart that you can dial in the weight like the bow flex ones but for half the cost. I love them they are the cats meow.....................:lifter: :barbell: :wl:

Dagny18 03-16-2011 07:56 PM

Yeah but I don't have/want credit/debit cards...:/
Plus, yes there is the price...I usually buy the dvds that are only $9 @ Walmart or less than that at yard sales
I think the most I paid for dvds was maybe $20 and that was either Billy Blanks Tae Bo Celebrity Sculpt/Cardio (2 dvds) or a walk away the pounds (the 5 mile walk) that I found at a mall.

thenewjan 03-17-2011 09:58 AM

Well you know, you don't need the expensive stuff to get to your goal....anything that you are consistant with will work.......consistency, thats the key..:hug:

So I see from your weight tracker on the side there that you have already lost quite a bit of weight...:cheer3: :congrat:

How did you do it, please tell your secret, LOL. I would love to be where you are...................:dizzy:

Dagny18 03-17-2011 04:58 PM

No, you don't need the expensive stuff to succeed! I've found most of my dvds at yard sales or thrift shops!
That is what I do for exercise. I can't afford a gym...I buy what I really needed from walmart and also pick up things at second hand places.
Like, my weights are new (I have 5, 8 and 10 pounders) and a 10 and 15 pound kettlebell...umm they got expensive so I haven't gotten any new of those yet.
I found it good to buy a set of bands (3 bands) for less than $15 at walmart
We had a step machine since I was a kid, may have paid $20 or less for it
I bought a stationary bike at a thrift shop for $10
I found lots of dvds at thrift shops or cheap places. My mom found me Power 90! Not p90x but still good. only $3
I found the Billy Blanks Boot camp w/ bands at a thrift shop for under $25
Other dvds I picked up at walmart but only under $10...like WATP, Jillian dvds, Jackie Warner dvds, Biggest Loser dvds ect. But I buy one maybe every other month...only when one new comes out that I want

That is exercise, but eating is important too. When I started I didn't know about this website but I found sparkpeople first and I spent most of my time there. It is sooo helpful to track your calories there...they tell you how much to eat! and its free!! woo hoo!
I pretty much try to eat healthy, more whole foods than before. Like....oatmeal, skim milk and raisins for breakfast, maybe kashi if I am feeling bored of that; I like tuna sandwiches for lunch, or stiry fry like broccoli & shrimp, or a soup. Snacks are usually greek yogurts, fruits, nuts, or maybe a protein bar. Dinner is always different usually. My mom cooks but if my family is eating something I don't like, I will have like a lean cuisine. But usually my mom makes something like a healthy protein and there will be veggies ect. and that is good
sometimes I do eat food that isn't umm...healthy lol but that is ok. I am not perfect and its a lifestyle and one day or meal won't ruin it you know? Usually I will just pick a day and have something that I've really been craving all week like a favorite cookie or candy bar, or ice cream ect.
I used to buy into all the diet foods like the yoplait light yogurts or special K chip/crackers or bars...but not so much anymore. They don't taste good and I'd rather have a small portion of the real thing and really be satisfied, you know? Kashi is a good product though...
Oh, and I don't see food or exercise as punishment. Food and calories aren't just what makes me fat or something I have to reduce..food is fuel. It makes my body healthy. The calcium keeps my bones healthy. The fats keep my skin, hair and nails healthy. Veggies/fruits have anti-oxidents and vitamins ect. and so we NEED food!
Also, exercise isn't a punishment either. It is a way to get stronger to live life. I want to be fit enough that if a guy asks me to go for a walk with him, that I will be able to keep up! Same with riding a bike, or playing basket ball with friends...
Make sense?