anyone doing metamorphosis?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • was wondering if anyone here has been doing tracy anderson's metamorphosis series? i just started it and was hoping to find a workout buddy or two here to keep motivated
  • I have never heard of this? Is it a video or what?
  • yeah, its a 90 day program, and its changes up the workouts every 10 days. its cardio for 30 min and her version of strength training i guess, she calls it muscle sculpt i believe, for 30 minutes as well. her cardio is dance, very cheoreographed, but fun. it also includes a food plan, but i'm not going to follow it, as i'm doing well with weight watchers.
  • I was reading about this program and it looks good! I have heard a lot of mixed reviews about Tracy Anderson's methods of working out. Please let me know how it goes for you. It is a little pricey but if you think its worth it I will probably give in! Right now I am just getting back on track and I am really focused on getting back to clean eating.
  • i will keep you posted along the way

one of my friends from college swears by tracy's methods. i have to say, the movements seem weird, and there is a flow that i hope to catch on to very soon..lol.
  • I've been wondering about it also... I'm confused which set to get. I'm leaning towards omni...but I tend to be more of an apple so maybe the ab set would be better?
  • Metamorphosis?

That's the name of it?

"As Fillupthesky finished a Tracy Anderson workout one morning, feeling somewhat uneasy, she found herself transformed in her living room into a gigantic cockroach."

[Who knew what high reps with light weights would lead to?]
  • yeah...i'm actually kind of pear shaped, but at this point, i need to loose weight all over, so i just went with omnicentric. if you go to the website, there's a customer service number that you can call, i believe they're open till 7pm eastern time. they might be able to help.

edit- where do you tend to gain the most? go by that?
  • Quote: Metamorphosis?

That's the name of it?

"As Fillupthesky finished a Tracy Anderson workout one morning, feeling somewhat uneasy, she found herself transformed in her living room into a gigantic cockroach."

[Who knew what high reps with light weights would lead to?]
    LOL

thats GREAT!!!

i was hoping for "magically shed her cocoon of fat and bat like arms and revealed a perfect size 8 figure...."

we'll see which one happens?
  • just ordered it! i ordered the hipcentric and im really excited!!!! I have been doing her 30-day book and its been really good, i have not been doing the dance part, as i used to be a dancer and now i am a runner and prefer it as my cardio but i am doing her strength training. I find its a real challenge but i have already seen a difference in my butt in only 2 weeks! its not a workout that can be half assed at all i set aside at least 45 min apart from my hour long cardio a day to do her strength. Im excited to see if mentamorphisis works, keep us posted!!! good luck!
  • thanks let me know when you get it!!!
    i do have a question for you- i'm having a bit of trouble doing the dance cardio on the carpet. i was thinking of investing in the exercise flooring that you can get at home depot. do you think it would be better? i find myself tripping up on the carpet a lot. i know you're not doing the dance part, but as a former dancer in general, just curious as to what you think.
    otherwise, i'm really liking it! i had to kind of restart, as i was so sore after the first few workouts, i had to let myself heal before picking it up again. i have omnicentric, btw.
  • I just ordered my Metamorphosis package this morning.

It was SUCH an impulse buy, I don't know what came over me! But I am really excited...how've things been going so far for you ladies doing it?
  • been going well minus the awkward carpet thing. it was a total impulse for me too...lol. but i really like it. its awkward, but challenging. i really like the dance cardio, and i am determined the get the routine down!
    i'm actually in california visiting my bf, and couldnt bring my stuff down, so i'm taking a break from it. booooo. no room here for me to dance and such.
    keep me posted ladies
  • Totally psyched! My Metamorphosis package should be at my doorstep Monday!!! (Today I guess, lol...working overnights messes up your concept of days)

I'll post my reaction later on when I get a chance to check it out.
  • First workout experience...
    Okay, so I tried out the workout last night. So far...

The dance cardio was almost impossible to keep up with. All I did was bounce around on the balls of my feet and every now and then I caught a dance step or two. I have no idea what kind of calories I burned because I'm still figuring out my HRM, but I was sweating like a bandit. I'm going to keep up with it and hope I catch on.

The other part of the workout, the muscular structure workout, was pretty good. It's quick movements, starting with arms, then abs, and lastly legs. The arms were fine, I kept up alright. The abs were rough, I was pulling too much on my neck. The legs were REALLY tough, I managed to get through the first two exercises okay and then had to take a break.

The diet plan is a whole other story. I can understand the use of a week long cleanse eating only pureed foods (quick weight loss makes a person motivated to keep it up, toxin cleanse, etc.) but honestly, I lost weight before simply by reducing calories and eating real food with my family. So I'm going to go ahead and skip the meal plan and eat my own way.