Old 03-01-2011, 01:52 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 125/112/105

Height: 5'2"

I'm new here . . decided to start exercising yet again!
I have been counting calories for almost a year now and easily dropped some weight but now I would like to tone up.
Quick question for anyone that has Turbo Fire . . is it worth it?
I started turbo jam this week again after seeing turbo fire on tv, kind of got me amped up. I really want turbofire but I have so many dvd's that collect dust so before I spend figure I would get opinion on it.

How have the results been from it? Appreciate the help . .

Thanks
Chelle
mich5lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:57 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 165/133/117

Height: 5'3

Hola! I feel friggn fantastic! I finished my 60 day challenge this morning and received a round of applause and a bracelet. I also extended it to 120 officially, and in my head am already thinking I might just like to go for 200! AM i nuts or what?!?!? LOL

I am about tod HIIT 15 and a 35 Sculpt workout. I may do some abs, but I did some yesterday and don't want to overdo it!

Have a great day!!!!!
KimWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:56 PM   #33  

Well, the results are good, but I don't that it's worth it. I got just as good of results with Tjams and 30 day shred. If anything, I would Tae Bo amped is well worth it! Be prepared to sweat and be sore and well, work your butt off! I got the entire set from a friend who said it was too easy! HOLY CRAP! Even doing the workouts for one week, I lost more inches/weight than with anything else. I also remember losing weight with the old tae bo, some 10 years ago.

So tfire, I mean I LOVE it, however the price for some of their stuff is sooooo expensive. I get all of my BB systems for free, the only one I paid for is Turbo jams some 5 years ago. Anyway, I would say save the money and get to something else.

Besides, if you want to tone, especially at your weight, I would say the best thing to do is pilates with a resistance band, ballet workouts/stretching, and or yoga. I prefer Bikram, but do other vinyasas as well.

My goal is to get to 125 and then I will stop the cardio and just start pilates on a regular basis. Pilates always gets me where I need to go and it makes oyu long and lean! Yoga is something I do daily anyway, but pilates on top of it will be top notch!

Hope this helps OOOPS< my kale is done! GOOD NIGHT!!!!!
Old 03-02-2011, 08:54 AM   #34  

Thanks, it does help . . I used to do pilates but at my heaviest so I dont think I ever got to see the results because I still had weight to lose. I will add pilates into my schedule, right now I'm also doing Shiva Rea vinyasa flow yoga and I love it . . relaxing yet challenging

Thanks again Ill let you know how the toning goes.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:36 AM   #35  

@mich5lynn- I LOVE SHIVA REA! LOL I have that one too and some others. I think she has some stuff on youtube! Yes, I think pilates and yoga are great, but unless it's Bikram and you have 40+ pounds to lose, building muscle under fat doesn't help... PIlates! WOOO!

Soooooo, today is my rest day, but I just took one on Sunday, so I am thinking of doing a fun little something. Maybe 30 minutes of zumba and then also a 45 minute ballet workout! I love this workout. It's all floorwork and good for the knees. Anyway, Bikram at noon and then again at 6!

Much cleaning to do before the weekend! hope you are all "pushing play!"
Old 03-02-2011, 06:19 PM   #36  

Today is my rest day but maybe I'll do some yoga later . . . I was a little off track with my food today but will make it up tomorrow with an extra workout,maybe TJ fatblaster - love that one! Summer is going to creep up fast so need to stay on track!
Old 03-02-2011, 10:32 PM   #37  

Sarah, have fun at home! Don't worry too much about everything. Enjoy your time, eat some good food, but keep it all in moderation... I like to think that these little "homecomings/parties" are just little exercises about the real world. After all, it's easy to stay on track in our own home! LOL YOu can do it!
Think of it this way, you are on vacation, you have MORE time to workout! LOL

Mich5lynn, Fatblaster is awesome! it's so fun, you really don't feel like you are working out! LOL
Old 03-03-2011, 11:41 AM   #38  

Was going to do some Fatblaster later but now thinkin about doing some JM 30 day shread. I was also going to do TJ 20min workout, which one is better to do first?
Old 03-03-2011, 07:52 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 183/174/145

Height: 5'7

Default turbo fire

Hello all, I have Turbo Jam, Zumba, and Turbo Fire. I love TJ and ZUMBA but turbo fire I have not yet worked up too. If you are already fit then go for it. I think TF is pretty hard, it's just way fast paced.
BJOHNSON25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:13 PM   #40  

I did JM 30 day shred for the first time in a long time .. WOW its a challenge! I followed it by doing TJ 20 min just so I stick with it. Just started doing TJ again and liking it a lot. I told myself I cant buy a new swimsuit unless I reach certain goals, shopping motivates me . .

Everyone keep up the great work, I joined after reading a lot from this site and nothing has motivated more. Thanks.

Last edited by mich5lynn; 03-03-2011 at 09:15 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-03-2011, 11:06 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 185/182/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Hi ladies! Im back! Thank you Kim and Sarah for your responses to my questions.Now I dont feel as bad.lol and Im motivated to atleast try to work out.
Its a great idea to do some strecthing on those days.

So I'm back doing turbo jam again. I enjoy it so much. it takes me a min to get the moves soometimes but I actually look forward to it.
SlimChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:00 PM   #42  

My calves are super sore from JM 30 day shred, should I workout today and just get thru it? This is my 2nd week working out again since Dec . .

thanks
Michelle
Old 03-05-2011, 12:09 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 185/182/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Sarah you did it!! you broke thru the 180 plateau! im so excited for you. 6 lbs is awesome. I haven't been as consistent but I'm not giving up. Will join u soon in the 170's.
Mich maybe you should do something light like stretching or yoga like Kim suggests.

Last edited by SlimChick; 03-05-2011 at 12:12 AM.
SlimChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 02:28 PM   #44  

Took the rest day yesterday, my treadmill is getting repaired today . . at least I can start jogging again! I will probably do yoga later and then get back on 30 day shred tomorrow just so I don't make it worse.
Thanks for the suggestions . .
Old 03-06-2011, 12:28 PM   #45  

Good morning! SO we did the hike and it was great! I am not sore at all and in much better shape than I was last time!

I am about to do 55 minutes of kickboxing and then 15 minutes of ab work! My husband and I are doing yard work later and then going on a walk around sunset around the lakes by our house!

I am making a great lunch today of sprouted whole grain gluten free bread, fresh lemon/basil hummus (that I just made this morning) and adding sliced red peppers, tomatoes and slices of avocado on them for lunch! Probably wil add some sprouts too! Very excited! For breakfast I had a wheatgrass and strawberries! For dinner, I am not sure what we will do yet!

Okay, that is all! have a great day! Just wanted to check in! Congrats to everyone making it happen!