Old 05-04-2011, 03:05 PM   #91  
Grateful

S/C/G: 262/tracker/175

Height: 5'7"

Thanks to all of you who have been posting here! I have been curious about Zumba...the commercials make it look like a blast! I was thinking of ordering the DVDs, but I wanted more information. So who do I turn to? The great people on this forum! Yeah us!

I see decent prices on ebay for Zumba, so I may give it a shot. I am walking for exercise now (my dog loves that!), but sometimes I want to mix it up (or avoid the rain/heat/whatever). It would be nice to have something like Zumba to get me moving....
OKAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 05:38 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 170/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

OKAnnie - It's true, this forum is great for getting a real review of how a lot of programs work for others...plus it's very motivating to read everyone's success!

For me, Zumba was a great way to mix up my workouts...I have attention span problems when it comes to working out, lol. Looking back, I realize that I should have just gotten a few of the workout dvds separate rather than get the whole body transformation kit. I really only use the 20 minute express, the flat abs routine, and cardio party.

I do REALLY wanna get the new Zumba dvds that are out...but so far you can only buy them in the complete kit.
trying2doitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:30 PM   #93  
Need to stay motivated!!

S/C/G: 202/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

I haven't posted on here since forever!!! I've seen the infomercial of the new DVDs and they look like lots of fun!
NiteOwlMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:05 PM   #94  
Beware the Harpie

S/C/G: 225.4/ticker/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hi all!

I just got the Zumba for Wii and LOVE it! In fact, I'm going to get off this computer and get zumba-ing in just a moment.

Seriously, I hate exercising, but this is fun! You should see the looks my dogs give me as I'm dancing. LOL.
CelticHarpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:05 PM   #95  

That's great, CelticHarpie! I'm glad you're enjoying the Zumba for Wii, I had issues with the hip belt thing-y, but it is a great game! I've recently acquired an Xbox Kinect, and I really want to get the Zumba game for that, but I just don't have the time right now to workout at home.

I've fallen off the being-healthy-horse so many times this year it's sad, but I've started working out again and have been able to keep that up for the past two week. I had forgotten how friggin' sweaty I get from doing Zumba! I love it :-)

Hopefully with school coming to a close next week, life will simplify and slow down a bit so I can really commit myself to taking care of me! I hope everyone here can or has been doing the same!
Old 05-14-2011, 07:20 AM   #96  
amber

S/C/G: 318/288.8/220

I love Zumba! Been doing it 5 days a week for the last 3 weeks. If any of you are curious, can't/don't want to join a gym, or if anyone gets bored f the videos. Youtube is your friend! I have something like 70 videos. It's instructors zumbaing with their class. And, I don't get bored. It's never the same. And if a new song comes out I like or if one of my favorite instructors makes a new video in class I just add it to my playlist.

It's a blast, and I can sweat profusely in the comfort of my own home haha!

If you are curious about the youtube vids- feel free to go to youtube then type in "workout plox playlist" Should be the first one, that's mine. I have a blast with it!

Last edited by ButterCup85; 05-14-2011 at 07:22 AM.
ButterCup85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 01:01 PM   #97  

Awesome youtube link ButterCup85! Thanks for sharing! I'm definitely going to make use of these!
Old 05-14-2011, 01:09 PM   #98  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

I'm a Zumba fanatic! all the way!!
I learned many of the basic moves on youtube, I have a couple of the dvds, but to me they are not near as fun as the class. I go 3-4x/wk. If you go to the Zumba website, you can type in your zip code and find classes near you. Where I live, they offer them at various churches and the classes are $1 each! Which is really really CHEAP compared to NY at $20/class!
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:44 PM   #99  

Has anyone tried the new Zumba Exhilarate workout that just came out?
keim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:56 PM   #100  

Does anyone knees bother them from doing Zumba? I tried out twenty minutes of a beginner workout last week (it's from an older set a friend loaned me). I didn't do any pivots. I was wearing cross trainers, and was exercising on puzzle mats, not carpeting.
My knees have been aching ever since. It's not actual pain, just aching.

I've been doing plenty of other types of exercise for years. I don't know if it's because the movements are different from what I'm used to or not.

I've never had problems with my knees before.

I'd like to buy the Exhilirate set, but I don't want to spend the money if the workouts are going to cause pain.

Thanks!
Sherry

Last edited by suzie76; 05-17-2011 at 03:57 PM.
suzie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:28 PM   #101  
amber

Sherry, I'd definitely be careful. You don't need any knee injuries. For me personally, I had pain in my right knee constantly and when I started doing zumba- bout a month now the pain has gone away. As well as the pain in my back that I'd have every single morning.

Maybe check with a doc, or did you bump it on something? Did you do any squatting? Gotta be so careful with joints! Do you warm up before? Warm ups and cool downs/stretches are very important no matter what you do imo.

Last edited by ButterCup85; 05-17-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:32 PM   #102  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Sherry, no knee probs here, only back issues. But, I had them b4 Zumba. Goody's Cool Orange, Biofreeze, an occasional Aleve to the rescue!
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:37 PM   #103  

Thank you for the replies. I did the warm up that was included in the workout, but I most likely need a longer warmup. Maybe I'll do a warm up from a Gin Miller dvd first. She always has long, thorough warm ups.

I bought dance sneakers to use with Zumba and other dance workouts I have (Petra Kolber dvds). I'll do a longer warmup and wear the dance sneakers and see how it goes.

Thanks!
Sherry
suzie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:42 PM   #104  
amber

Sherry! I am no expert. But, please please be careful with that knee until it isn't aching anymore.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:29 PM   #105  

Definitely be aware of your knees and body overall if you're going to workout again, Sherry.I think you may be right that it's just the different types of movements from the Zumba dancing that is making your knees ache. Time will tell!

I know I have problems with poor form when I'm tired and still trying to Zumba full speed, I almost always end up tweaking something, especially with the que te mueve (sp?) move.

I only have carpets to workout on, so I just workout in my socks or barefoot. No problems yet with that.

BTW, I'd LOVE to get the new dvds...but I haven't been able to justify buying them yet! I really like the option to turn on just the music and turn off the trainer commentary.