Old 08-26-2010, 05:46 PM   #46  

I ATTEMPTED the raw food diet and couldn't keep the discipline for myself. But kudos soooo much to you NIKON!! I would LOVE to do it - a friend of mine did it and got soooo tiny!

I'm gearing up for yoga! Wish me luck
LoseBabyWeight2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:32 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 158/156.5/135

Height: 5"8

I think the only reason i was able to go raw was because i was living in japan at the time and meat is INSANELY expensive. Also, i was a broke student so i pretty much had no choice but to go raw.. well i guess i could have had instant noodles everyday but you get what i mean!! I don't know that i would be able to it now that I'm back home and not so broke... I think i might try after the 30 day mark when i have more motivation and I'm feeling better.

I say kudos to you guys though for counting calories. I don't know where to begin with it. And the carbs/ protein percentages.. no idea how that works. Im kind of following my own thing that i have no idea if it will work or not. Maybe i should start counting..

How did you guys decide how many cal's you needed in a day?
Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:32 PM   #48  

OO and good luck with Yoga!! Its hurts but if you do it all, you'll feel sooo good after!!
Old 08-27-2010, 12:35 AM   #49  

Counting calories for me is easy, but that's because I've been doing it for almost a year (off and on) and I have an iPhone app that does it for me. It's super convenient, and the online account it is attached to keeps a ratio of my carbs to protein to fat.

Calorie counting suicide occurred tonight, but that's okay, it was totally worth it
Allowatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:22 AM   #50  

Just checking in to say: Kenpo X was AWESOME today! I love this workout, it is by far my favorite!!! I just imagine that I'm kicking or punching stressful things or stressful people in my life and it's such a good stress relief! Obviously, because of all these exclamation points. Hehe

Finally a day off tomorrow, but I need to train for my 5K so it's not *really* a day off. Oh welllllll.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:46 PM   #51  

Ok first off - I HATE yoga!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously - I got about 30 min in and was DONE. I am not a "calm state" sort of person - I am peaceful, but not calm - does that make sense? I get bored sooo easily, and that gives me too much time to think about how bored I am! Haha.

Today I am doing legs/back and ab ripper x - I am excited to try that out!

nikon - I had no idea about calories for the longest time - but I got so obsessed with my weight that I researched, researched, researched until I got the general idea of what contains what. Also, online tracking tools like livestrong.com - that's what I use - will count calories, and it tally carbs, proteins, fats, etc for you! It also has a pie chart on the side which shows the percentage that you have taken in of protein, carbs, and fat. That's pretty much the only way I have been able to tally ratios so far. But now that I have done that I am learning how to read more than just calories on nutrition labels - now I look at protein and carbs. I think it all just comes in time and reading, over and over all that you can on the subject - at least it did for me!

Do you think not completeing Yoga will hinder my results???

BTW - today was my last day of summer term WOOHOO! I get 3 weeks off so I have time to dedicate to working out extra hard!
Old 08-27-2010, 04:27 PM   #52  

No, but next time skip through the next half hour and the last 45 minutes of yoga isn't bad, its like balance mostly.

I use livestrong.com too! We should be friends, I have no "friends" on there haha
Old 08-27-2010, 04:47 PM   #53  

Thanks for the info, i guess i'll have to start reading up on it. And ill definitely check out that website!!

Just finished with legs and back which was probably the workout where i worked the hardest all week. I feel like now that I'm getting used to the program, i can push a little bit harder in some areas. The ab ripper still killed me and i only did maybe 10-15 reps of each exercise.

I'm going to GNC today to try a new meal replacement/ protein shake that a friend recommended and had really good results with. The protein powder I'm using right now is awesome in all aspects ( price, protein%, low in cal's, taste etc) But 20 min after i drink it, i find that instead of being full i get really hungry!! Its awful!! So i figured if i got a meal replacement, it would be better for suppressing appetite.

What do you guys use if anything?
Old 08-27-2010, 04:48 PM   #54  

OO,

And I'm soo stoked to kick some serious a s s in kenpo tomorrow , WEEK 1 ALMOST DONE !!!!

Last edited by Nikon; 08-27-2010 at 04:48 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:39 PM   #55  

I am 8 days away from being a P90x grad!!!! But I will be doing another round soon. Attached is a pic of Day 0-Day 77. I am VERY happy with the results!!! If you want to friend me on FB it's FB-latashia.alexander
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tashia.jpg (19.3 KB, 19 views)
txgs2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:01 PM   #56  

allowatt - you can have friends on livestrong?! Hahaha how do I find you? I am confused by some of that site - but MyPlate isn't confusing at least! Oh, and I am going to have to try fast forwarding the yoga, because I couldn't stand it!

nikon - I use Designer Whey for protein shakes - its only 100 cal and it's delicious! I ALWAYS make it with skim and a banana, or I don't like it so much

I did Legs/Back and Ab Ripper today. Will it be a problem that I had to split up the two? My son woke up right at the end of legs and back from his nap so I had to wait til his next nap for Abs?.....

Also, I find that I have this really anti-motivating issue - I don't feel too much like death as I do these workouts (even though it hurts, but apparently not enough???) so in the middle of them I get depressed and keep telling myself that this will not help me - and my lovehandles will NEVER leave me! It's so weird - I keep going, but I get so discouraged so quick, like I subconsciously expect my fat to disappear overnight. What the ****? Hahaha.

I have to do Kenpo tomorrow, but I don't know where to do it - I don't have much space - isn't it all kicking and stuff?
Old 08-27-2010, 09:02 PM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgs2005 View Post
I am 8 days away from being a P90x grad!!!! But I will be doing another round soon. Attached is a pic of Day 0-Day 77. I am VERY happy with the results!!! If you want to friend me on FB it's FB-latashia.alexander
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You look AWESOME! Are you following the nutrition plan completely? Also, did you do lean or classic? How much weight and inches did you lose?! Sorry for all the questions - I am just super excited for you - and very motivated! Thank you so much for your pictures!!!
Old 08-27-2010, 09:17 PM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoseBabyWeight2009 View Post
allowatt - you can have friends on livestrong?! Hahaha how do I find you? I am confused by some of that site - but MyPlate isn't confusing at least! Oh, and I am going to have to try fast forwarding the yoga, because I couldn't stand it!

nikon - I use Designer Whey for protein shakes - its only 100 cal and it's delicious! I ALWAYS make it with skim and a banana, or I don't like it so much

I did Legs/Back and Ab Ripper today. Will it be a problem that I had to split up the two? My son woke up right at the end of legs and back from his nap so I had to wait til his next nap for Abs?.....

Also, I find that I have this really anti-motivating issue - I don't feel too much like death as I do these workouts (even though it hurts, but apparently not enough???) so in the middle of them I get depressed and keep telling myself that this will not help me - and my lovehandles will NEVER leave me! It's so weird - I keep going, but I get so discouraged so quick, like I subconsciously expect my fat to disappear overnight. What the ****? Hahaha.

I have to do Kenpo tomorrow, but I don't know where to do it - I don't have much space - isn't it all kicking and stuff?
I use designer whey with milk and a banana too! Stop stealing my life! Hehe just kidding. And I have no idea how to add a friend, I just know I have an empty space where it says "friends." My screen name there is KJScorpio I do know that.

You don't need a lot of space for Kenpo. I mean, if you have had enough space for your other workouts then you would have enough space for this one as well. Oh man, it is so fun. Love it. Also I am having a motivation issue as well, Kenpo cured it today but I'm afraid it will come back next week with school getting back in session, ahh!
Old 08-28-2010, 03:21 PM   #59  

I just got done with Kenpo! That's FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kicked my *** - but I loved it! And I am not quite coordinated enough for some of the moves, but I tried my best and got through it Yaaaaay!!! Just sippin' my shake now

We went shopping today and I my BF wanted to buy me some clothes, but I said NO! Not until I lose 5lbs That'll be my reward..... plus I have an issue with how pants fit anyway - right now at least They're always too tight on my thighs and lose on my hips - then my love handles flap over the sides when I wear a belt!! Hahahaha sorry that's HOT though! (sarcasm much?).

Allowatt - How do I know you aren't stealing MY life?! Hahaha - did you say how old you were? I'm 23 - if you are too, I am going to pee my pants!
Old 08-28-2010, 03:41 PM   #60  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoseBabyWeight2009 View Post
I just got done with Kenpo! That's FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kicked my *** - but I loved it! And I am not quite coordinated enough for some of the moves, but I tried my best and got through it Yaaaaay!!! Just sippin' my shake now

We went shopping today and I my BF wanted to buy me some clothes, but I said NO! Not until I lose 5lbs That'll be my reward..... plus I have an issue with how pants fit anyway - right now at least They're always too tight on my thighs and lose on my hips - then my love handles flap over the sides when I wear a belt!! Hahahaha sorry that's HOT though! (sarcasm much?).

Allowatt - How do I know you aren't stealing MY life?! Hahaha - did you say how old you were? I'm 23 - if you are too, I am going to pee my pants!
Not until November