Old 08-21-2010, 09:29 AM   #16  

Day 7 under my belt, Core Synergistics and I threw in Ab Ripper X. Annnnd started the day with a 2.5 mile run. All in all it has been a crazy morning, and I'm sure gonna sleep well tonight! I cannot wait for a day of rest tomorrow. I wasn't able to stick with the video very well today because of how tired I am from the past week!
Allowatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 07:18 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 158/156.5/135

Height: 5"8

Default Can i be your buddy???? :D

Hyee!!

I am also about to start p90x on monday and have been in search for a buddy as well. I know that in the past when i started any exercise or diet program i always did better with some kind of suppot\rt system. Anyways, would love it if we could help each other out!!

I just started a blog aswell that i will be posting on everyday (hopefully) you can see it here at feelinbetteralready (dot) blogspot (dot) com

Hope to hear from you soon!!

Lauren
Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:23 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikon View Post
Hyee!!

I am also about to start p90x on monday and have been in search for a buddy as well. I know that in the past when i started any exercise or diet program i always did better with some kind of suppot\rt system. Anyways, would love it if we could help each other out!!

I just started a blog aswell that i will be posting on everyday (hopefully) you can see it here at feelinbetteralready (dot) blogspot (dot) com

Hope to hear from you soon!!

Lauren
Woo! Welcome! I've been documenting my journey so far as well, it is at http://westgaze.wordpress.com. It's mostly about food so far but I have a feeling there will be more P90X involvement soon.

Congrats on making the awesome choice to start this program You can make amazing progress with it if you are diligent! And this is definitely the place for support.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:40 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 190.6/190.6/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoseBabyWeight2009 View Post
Anyone about to start P90X? I am starting this Monday - 8/23 (I think it's the 23rd....).

I am terrified, excited, anxious, and weary all at once!! We can compare measurements and weight loss and diet and stuff.... It will help to have a buddy to cheer on and to help me keep it going too!
i just started today and was also looking to share with someone. i'm in if you're still looking!
aBess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:25 AM   #20  

Default Super duper excited

I am sooo stoked to start tomorow and i have a really good feeling about this!! Congrats on getting past the first week, i know if i get there i will be suuuper proud of myself. Im really good at "not pressing play" if yah know what i mean..

And i was wondering, are you doing the nutrition plan that comes with it, or are you doing something else?

Also, just so you guys know im doing the classic version. I've been thinking about it alot and i reaeeeaaeally dont want to bulk up and get huge guns or anything, but from what limited research i've done you loose more weight if you have more muscle mass.. so for now, im going to stick with that piece of info and see if its true. Any opinions on the subject??
Old 08-23-2010, 03:48 AM   #21  

Smile p90x round 2.

This is my last week of my 1st round of p90x. I love it. my husband and i do it together. I have lost a bunch of inches all over my body. My husband and I will do another round. we have to wait two weeks b4 we start another round but I will encourage you if you need it.
momdaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:53 AM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikon View Post
I am sooo stoked to start tomorow and i have a really good feeling about this!! Congrats on getting past the first week, i know if i get there i will be suuuper proud of myself. Im really good at "not pressing play" if yah know what i mean..

And i was wondering, are you doing the nutrition plan that comes with it, or are you doing something else?

Also, just so you guys know im doing the classic version. I've been thinking about it alot and i reaeeeaaeally dont want to bulk up and get huge guns or anything, but from what limited research i've done you loose more weight if you have more muscle mass.. so for now, im going to stick with that piece of info and see if its true. Any opinions on the subject??
Thanks :-) Just finished day 9, Cardio X, and it DESTROYED me. Last week I was fine so I'm guessing today I just pushed myself extra hard without realizing it. Basically, I made it through the first 35 minutes and then the last 10 were filled with very fast heart rate and nauseous feelings. But dangit, I did it! And I'm pumped.

I'm not doing the nutrition plan as it is written, because it doesn't work well for my diet (i don't eat meat). So what I've been doing is sticking under 1,650 calories and jacking up my protein to about 40% of my calories. This is not easy for me but it's how I've adapted it!

How did day 1 go???
Old 08-23-2010, 03:55 PM   #23  

Default Struggling through day one

Day one was OK but i did struggle to get through the exercises. I have never been strong in the arms so doing push ups and chin ups for and hour was really hard for me. And then, after doing that for an hour, having to do the ab ripper X was nearly impossible!! Man it was hard.. I know its only going to get harder before it gets easier so im not too worried but still. All i can say is that im really enjoying my protein shake right now!! Any progress with you guys?
Old 08-23-2010, 04:17 PM   #24  

Hi everyone!!

Good job allowatt! I am scared after the first week because right now it's all motivation, and then after I lose that feeling I usually give up But I won't this time!!

Yay!! I'm so glad we're getting a group going! I started this damn thread and my DVD's aren't even her yet! I saw that they showed up at my post office today so maybe they are in the mail right now!! If they are I am going to start today when my son goes down for his next nap! Woohoo! I am so excited!!!

leopardspots- CONGRATS! That is great success!!!! I hope I can at least lose 10 lbs

I will be back and update later if the videos come!
LoseBabyWeight2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 04:28 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 130/120/115

Height: 5 feet

Just noticed this newer post I started on the 17th. I was a bit scared at first because it looked tough. However it's not too bad. I love the breaks they do! I was doing Barry's Bootcamp and they don't have a long warm up or cool down, also not enough break time! Well you do have 30 seconds in between each new workout but it's not enough for me to grab a water bottle. Just to get into the next position. Anyways I'll keep an eye out on everyone's progress and update mine

EDIT: opps, forgot to post what I've done so far

Aug 17: Chest&Back, Ab Ripper X (whoo this is the hardest out of them so far!)
Aug 19: Plyometrics
Aug 21: Shoulders & Arms, Ab Ripper X
Today: Yoga X (wish me luck!)
Hopefully I'll stop skipping days.

Last edited by kittytreats; 08-23-2010 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Adding calendar
kittytreats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:14 PM   #26  

Nikon - Great job on Day One. It can be really frustrating at first, I know. Yoga was actually the most frustrating to me, I got so ticked off that I couldn't keep my balance that I shut it off half way through (which isn't so bad, its like 90 minutes long).

LBW 2009 - Bummer that they haven't come in yet :-/ Don't let that deter you. Heck if we both stick it out I will probably still end at the same time as you because I've got my last semester of nursing school starting Monday, and I know there will be some days that it's impossible to get my workout in!

Kittytreats - welcome We started around the same time, looks like you are doing classic. Let us know how Yoga X went!
Old 08-23-2010, 07:31 PM   #27  

YAY! I just got done with Core Synergistics!! I really like Tony! He isn't a meat head and he isn't all chipper like an aerobics instructor either

I hope that I can keep up with everything - I have no choice - I HAVE to keep up with everything......I can't quit.

I got pretty tired 1/2 way through and got kind of dizzy, but kept going. It made me feel really out of shape! I just finished a hardcore bootcamp one month ago and I was huffing through this one!

It'll get better
Old 08-23-2010, 07:35 PM   #28  

HEY ALLOWATT! I just read your post after I posted my last one and I am a Nursing student too!!! We have a lot in common

Last edited by LoseBabyWeight2009; 08-23-2010 at 07:39 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:19 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoseBabyWeight2009 View Post
HEY ALLOWATT! I just read your post after I posted my last one and I am a Nursing student too!!! We have a lot in common
Wow! That is a crazy coincidence! How much have you got left? I am so excited to graduate in December, you have no idea
Old 08-24-2010, 10:19 AM   #30  

Just finished day 10: Shoulders & Arms, and Ab Ripper X. I really pushed myself again today and I am reeeeally feeling it. I also got really frustrated during ARX because some of the moves I can barely do, but some I can do 20-25. I know I'll improve but it's a blow to my ego at the moment, haha. Either way, there was much yelling at myself and Tony