Old 08-28-2010, 10:00 AM   #151  
Portion Control

Height: 5'3"

I've made it through 9 days on level 2!!!!!!

Only one more day and then I am moving up to level 3 (gulp)
PopcornGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:39 PM   #152  
i cant wait for a ticker

S/C/G: 206/TICKER/150

Height: 5ft5

hey popcorn well done on sticking with it, i think me amy and hdallas would all say level 3 is nothing to be afraid of im half way through it and love it, i think level 2 is the hardest not exercise wise but i found myself getting really demotivated on that level so if since youve stuck with it so long i think your definitely going to make it to the end!
justonemorepound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:03 PM   #153  
Portion Control

Thanks justone for the encouragement. I hope I think level 3 is better too.

I think I am a bit older than you being 46 and so sometimes I worry about hurting my body more in the long run. But I will try to stick with it.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:40 PM   #154  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 238/132/130

Height: 5'5"

amyleigh- thanks for the yoga idea. I will definitely have to try it! Especially since it's only 10 minutes.

dallas and ellie- thanks for the encouragement! it's great to see so many people have made it through the pain.

Yesterday was a rest day for me and today I took an unscheduled rest day. Guess I'll do four days in a row now instead of three!
ap90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:16 AM   #155  
Rockin Socks since 1984

S/C/G: 205/179/155

Height: 5'3.5

haha, ap, i did the same thing! scheduled rest day friday, unintentional rest day yesterday. sometimes life just gets in the way, you know?

as for me, i have my cousin's engagement party to go to today. I'm not too too worried about staying on plan today because i don't like much of what's going to be there. my mom and i are making bloomin onions, which i love but they disappear so quickly that as long as i stay outside for the first halfhour they'll be gone. and out of all the other appetizers i only eat the shrimp...and out of all the deserts i only eat the carrot cake...so reallly it's just the main course i need to worry about. and the beer

anywho, i gotta get me in some shred this morning before my mom and i start cooking.

hope you all have wonderful day!! keep up the good work! i'm so proud of all of you
amyleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:56 AM   #156  
Portion Control

Made it through Level 2 and will move onto Level 3 tomorrow.

I took a sneak peak at it. Thank God for Anita. I will be sticking with her for most of it.

The two things that look bad for me are the sumo jumps and the "superman" - I never liked doing those.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:10 PM   #157  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 238/132/130

Height: 5'5"

Good luck with staying on plan today amyleigh!

I'm going to do L1D4 today.

For those of you that wear a BodyBugg or HRM, how many calories do you typically burn during 30DS? I like to record my calories burned during exercise but I can't afford either of the above so I was just curious.
ap90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 03:47 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 163/145/125

I've taken 2 rest days this weekend, too. It must be going around this weekend : ) Yesterday was the bf's 40th birthday and I partied as much as he did! I went way off plan yesterday with my cals, and a little off plan Friday night, but have been really good today. Back to the Shred tomorrow! Once I get my full 10 days in on L3, I'm going to take the fitness test for P90X and see if I'm ready to start that. If it's too much I may get the Power 90 set to get myself in better shape in preparation for P90X. What is everyone else planning to do once the 30DS is done?
hdallas78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:36 AM   #159  

S/C/G: 191/169/140

Height: 5'4

Dallas- I'm kinda thinking the same route as you. I'm not sure if I want p90x or insanity though.

I doing level 2 for the 7th time today and I'm pretty sick and tired of it. I'm not scared to move on.

I was down to 163 this morning even after a couple meals out.
ellie6388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:29 AM   #160  
Rockin Socks since 1984

hdallas-i'm doing power 90 when i'm done the shred. i looked at the fitness test for p90x and know i can't do it. i don't come anywhere close to being able to do a pull-up. plus, i've seen people get amazing results from power 90 so i bought that about a week and a half ago and i'm going to start it shortly after the shred.

if any of you are interested in doing power 90 with me, let me know and we can start a similar thread to this. We could even just continue this one in another forum so we can all stay accountable to each other, regardless of what programs we're doing. I really like you ladies and you keep me working

as for being on plan yesterday-totally didn't happen. there was a lot more food than originally planned, and a lot that i really liked. i'll just try to be good the rest of the week and we'll see what happens

popcorn-welcome to level 3!! i don't think the superman is that bad because it's not for too long...i can make it through them with a few breaks between. the only thing that drives me crazy is she calls them "supermans" don't know why, but it makes me cringe every time haha. oh and those sumo jumps make the sides of my butt sore like crazy...maybe i'll get those sexy little dents someday from them hahaha
Old 08-30-2010, 09:58 AM   #161  
Portion Control

I didn't sleep well last night so I slept in and wasn't able to do the Shred this morning. That forces me to do it after work.

Dallas - I am not sure what I am going to do after the Shred. I was think of trying some kettlebell exercises. I bought a kettlebell right before I started the Shred but thought it would be too much strength training to do both. Also want to keep up on lots of ab exercises. Any suggestions for a kettlebell workout?

Amyleigh - I would be game for an accountability thread with you guys. I agree this is a good group and keeps me moving as well.

Last edited by PopcornGal; 08-30-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:51 AM   #162  
Rockin Socks since 1984

popcorn- i've never done kettlebell but if you're a big jillian fan, she has a dvd coming out soon http://www.amazon.com/Jillian-Michae...3183416&sr=8-2
Old 08-30-2010, 12:20 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 163/145/125

AmyLeigh, I would totally be down for starting out with Power 90 before moving on to P90x. Do you already have the set? I just did my day 4 of L3, and I don't want to have to wait around for a few days for it to get here after I order it, so I may just go ahead and order it now so I can jump right into it next week.

Popcorn - welcome to Level 3. I love it. I'm not a big fan of superman, either, I'm always afraid of pulling something in my lower back. Those sumo squats do kill my inner thighs and butt so I don't complain too much - that's where I need it the most, LOL!
hdallas78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 12:49 PM   #164  
i cant wait for a ticker

S/C/G: 206/TICKER/150

Height: 5ft5

Amy love the idea on all of us keeping on track together! i was going to do slim in 6 because they have a accountability thread on here too, i havnt bought anything though so im really up for moving on to p90 too

Ellie dont worry i felt the same way too, if your anything like me your going to love level 3 theres a few tough bits but its such a relief after level 2

ap90 i dont have a heart rate monitor but from a bit of research i did before i started the shred (thats actually how i find 3fc) the average that i could find most people saw lost on their heart rate monitor was around 200-350 but obviously its all a personal thing depending on weight etc. and you probably bur a bit more on day 1 of a level then say day 10 because your body gets used to the exercises, sorry i couldnt give you a better answer

popcorn glad to have you with us on level 3, hope the jumps arnt too rough on your knees!

I think we all must have been hit by a unscheduled rest day in the last few days, maybe its been contagious? i ended up not doing any exercise all weekend so it was back to the shred for me today, going to have to do something else today too because my scales not been moving for 5 days now so i need to wake my metabolism up
justonemorepound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:05 AM   #165  
Portion Control

2 days down of Level 3. Woo hoo.

I am with the rest of you. This is a killer workout but I prefer it so much more to Level 2.

Besides being past my hormone week which totally dragged me down last week, I am feeling totally energized by being in the home stretch.