Old 07-25-2010, 12:16 PM   #1  
South Beach Babe

S/C/G: 180/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Default 30 Day Shred Challenge: Day 5...

It will be very hard to work out today, not because I don't want to do it, but because my husband is off work and he doesn't leave the house often. I can either find a way to get him out of the house for 20 minutes, send him elsewhere in the house, or skip a day. Here's hoping he needs to go out for something! I'm just too embarrassed to do a video in front of him! Is that sad or what...

I hope you have a better time getting your daily mission completed!
TinaTiny82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 01:31 PM   #2  
Don't want to be so tired

S/C/G: 150/145/125

Height: 5-4

Default Can you send him to run an errand???

I did that once when I didn't feel like working out in front of him. Or just suggest him to go meet a friend for a drink or tennis game or swimming or whatever he enjoys..

Or.......you can actually tell him that you want to exercise and not get out of his room for the time.. sometimes, all you gotta do is ask ..

Hoping that you can get your exercise in for the day
tiredalways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:52 PM   #3  
South Beach Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredalways View Post
I did that once when I didn't feel like working out in front of him. Or just suggest him to go meet a friend for a drink or tennis game or swimming or whatever he enjoys..

Or.......you can actually tell him that you want to exercise and not get out of his room for the time.. sometimes, all you gotta do is ask ..

Hoping that you can get your exercise in for the day
Hahaha, ya, asking him outright that I want to exercise is probably the best, he'd respond to that. I haven't exercised yet, but I'm a night person so maybe it'll still work out. Thanks for the tip!
Old 07-26-2010, 11:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 244/244/180

Height: 5'11"

I hope you got Day 5 in!

I never got it in yesterday... I ran 4 miles in the morning, which is a mile more than what I have been running, and I felt physically tired and sore by the afternoon... I think pushing myself to do the shred probably would have been too much. Still not discouraged, as long as I keep doing it on a consistent basis I'll be happy with myself.
lynnyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 05:01 PM   #5  
South Beach Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnyloo View Post
I hope you got Day 5 in!

I never got it in yesterday... I ran 4 miles in the morning, which is a mile more than what I have been running, and I felt physically tired and sore by the afternoon... I think pushing myself to do the shred probably would have been too much. Still not discouraged, as long as I keep doing it on a consistent basis I'll be happy with myself.
Sadly, I did not. BUT the difference for today will be I'm not going to quit just because I missed a day. I didn't eat well yesterday either, but I'm just gonna chalk it up to my cheat day for the week and go strong today. I'm still on Day 5, I've eaten well so far, and I am in the process of completely scrubbing down and purging my downstairs. The house has been gross ALL summer and we're having a garage sale at the end of the week. I'm hoping to get rid of a lot and hopefully make a couple bucks doing it I've cleaned all morning, hope to have the dining room and the living room completely done by the end of the day. If I could get my kitchen cleaned up...that would be AMAZING...3 rooms in one day!

Ahem...sorry, this isn't a diary I'll post when my workout is finished. Good luck everyone!

Lynnyloo- no worries, you still worked out some, that's great! Do Day 5 with me today and post it We can do it!
Old 07-26-2010, 09:50 PM   #6  
South Beach Babe

Did it! I have to get the 5 pound weights, the strength segments are not hard enough anymore, although I think they might kick my but with the heavier weights. Also, tomorrow...real push-ups, ick. I did 25 girly ones today! The jump-rope is still tough, but I'm doing better.

On a side note, I did clean the 2 rooms I hoped for, the kitchen will have to be tomorrow.

Hope you gals did Day 5!
Old 07-28-2010, 11:07 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTiny82 View Post
It will be very hard to work out today, not because I don't want to do it, but because my husband is off work and he doesn't leave the house often. I can either find a way to get him out of the house for 20 minutes, send him elsewhere in the house, or skip a day. Here's hoping he needs to go out for something! I'm just too embarrassed to do a video in front of him! Is that sad or what...

I hope you have a better time getting your daily mission completed!
Not sad at all. This would be the reason that I did not do Sat. or Sunday. Last night, he came home in the middle of it and I yelled out the window for him to go to the neighbor's house and I was locking the door, he was allowed to come home in 10 minutes! lmao. I am way too jiggly to be doing jumping jacks in front of anyone. One of my many excuses (besides cost) for not going to the gym.

Oh and I will be doing Day 5 during my lunch today. :-)
jenny79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:47 AM   #8  
South Beach Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny79 View Post
Not sad at all. This would be the reason that I did not do Sat. or Sunday. Last night, he came home in the middle of it and I yelled out the window for him to go to the neighbor's house and I was locking the door, he was allowed to come home in 10 minutes! lmao. I am way too jiggly to be doing jumping jacks in front of anyone. One of my many excuses (besides cost) for not going to the gym.

Oh and I will be doing Day 5 during my lunch today. :-)
HAHA, way to jiggly...i love that expression! I totally agree, my man should never see me trying to do push-ups, he'd laugh! But, I do have a gym membership, I just haven't been using it...WASTE OF MONEY! I hate that I haven't used it very often...I'd like to go back, just to use the cardio machines and take a yoga class...maybe that will be my Level 2 commitment.

Ahh well, good luck today! Day 7 for me, I'll be doing it when my husband leaves for work Also, have to get ready for a garage sale on Friday, and hopefully clean my kitchen. Busy day!
Old 07-29-2010, 03:10 PM   #9  

That didn't happen yesterday lol. But it did today. I finished day 5. And, I added 3 lb. hand weights. I am such a wussy! My arms feel like jello now. But I finished! Day 6 hopefully tomorrow!

I am skipping around a lot. But, I know my body. And I know that I need a rest day sometimes. I have not worked out in a long time. Especially the last year, I have been very sedentary. I'm on my way!

You all are rocking!
jenny79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:45 PM   #10  
South Beach Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny79 View Post
That didn't happen yesterday lol. But it did today. I finished day 5. And, I added 3 lb. hand weights. I am such a wussy! My arms feel like jello now. But I finished! Day 6 hopefully tomorrow!

I am skipping around a lot. But, I know my body. And I know that I need a rest day sometimes. I have not worked out in a long time. Especially the last year, I have been very sedentary. I'm on my way!

You all are rocking!
Yay for adding 3 lb. weights! That's great! As long as you try your best at working out, that is what counts, right? I hope to get Day 8 in today, it may be really late...