Old 07-07-2010, 05:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

Default bob harper workouts

has anyone here tried Bob Harper's new workouts? http://www.mytrainerbobdvd.com/ I was thinking about getting them for a little motivation (you know, like working out with Bob and Jillian and feeling like I'm the Biggest Loser ) Just wondering if they are hard/advance enough to grow with and if they are good calorie burners.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:52 PM   #2  

wow....hadn't even seen these...they look pretty good
YWeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:43 PM   #3  

Lurker here.... Just wanted to say that I pre-ordered all four of these when I first heard about them, and have (so far) done the cardio one three or four times, the weight one twice, and the yoga one once. (The hour-ish long workouts on each, haven't tried the shorter ones yet.) I haven't tried Bob's Workout yet - mostly just because I've been too busy with Turbo Fire since it got here!!

The workouts, IMO, are awesome!!! The only issue I have with them - and many over at VF have said the same thing - is that a couple of the background exercisers moan and groan a lot, and are really annoying. However, if you're really working your butt off and giving it your all, you don't notice it too much. They make Jillian's workouts seem like a walk in the park - IF you're giving it your all and going heavy enough with your weights.

I definitely feel it was worth the $40-ish spent.
turbodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:24 PM   #4  

Thanks for the review TurboDiva.....I'm finishing up P90 and then I think I am headed for a CLX/Turbo Fire hybrid.

But you never know, Bob might make it into the mix
YWeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:11 PM   #5  
Newbie Nurse

S/C/G: 285/250/281

I cannot wait for these to hit Target (cuz Bob said it was soon and I'm sooo over shipping & handle rite now)

They look intense. Jillian tweeted someone how was thinking about getting p90X and told them to give Bob Workouts a try first cuz they're kickbutt
JMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 224/150/150

Height: 5'6

I have never heard of those videos, but I have the Biggest Loser Cardio Max DVD and I love that one!
Andreaislosingweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:42 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMfan View Post
I cannot wait for these to hit Target (cuz Bob said it was soon and I'm sooo over shipping & handle rite now)

They look intense. Jillian tweeted someone how was thinking about getting p90X and told them to give Bob Workouts a try first cuz they're kickbutt
oooh thanks for mentioning they will be in Target... I have a giftcard for there so I'll wait.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:02 PM   #8  

Just an FYI, but Collagevideo is supposed to be getting them in, too.
turbodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:54 PM   #9  
Weight is Just a Number!

S/C/G: 217/174/141

Height: 5'5"

I bought the Super Strength DVD from Target the other day. I LOVE IT. It's a LOT like P90X, but it does the full body in one workout. It's HARD, and I've even had to step down my weights to do the whole thing. BEST THING: I bought it for $13 and it came with a FREE year subscription to Fitness magazine, soooo worth it.
I can't wait to get all of them. I love, love Jillian's DVD's and I'm sure I'll love Bob's too.
kristyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote