Old 06-22-2010, 01:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 173/171/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Will Insanity Kill My Knees?

So I have somewhat sensitive knees. It usually only bothers me with a few plyometric moves, like jumping lunges and box jumps or rockstar jumps. Other moves are fine. For those of you that are familiar with the Insanity program, do you think this will be a problem?
festivus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/153/130

Height: 5'4"

There is ALOT of jumping in Insanity. I've done the first series of videos and I can feel it in my knees - although it was my calfs that ended up with the DOMS from the workouts because of all the jumping.

I wear a support brace under my knee that tends to bother me and I'm ok with that. But I don't know what your knee issues are so I can't say whether that would work for you or not. I know at my weight, that's one of my hinderences is the additional knee pain. If I lose 20lbs that tends to go away.
chnkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/171/150

Height: 5'6"

thanks for your reply monkey! Jumping usually isn't a problem for me, it's the jumps that include bending the knees to 90 degree angles, like jumping lunges. I'm not sure what my knee issue is, I've never been able to figure it out. It's probably from the year I played volleyball in high school, too much diving on the knees.
festivus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 158/153/130

Why not youtube some of the insanity videos and try to do some of the samples. Some people have put up clips of their fit test and workouts and you can see what they are doing. You could follow along with some of them in order to see how it goes.
chnkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 285/150/135

I am doing insanity and don't have knee problems that I know of, but they definitely get sore a lot. It's pretty high impact with lots of jumping and running and such.
onesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:35 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/153/145

Height: 5'7"

I have knee issues and I'm in my third round of Insanity. I also have problems with stuff like the jumping lunges. I usually modify those types of moves the best I can. I was really worried I wouldn't be able to do this program but what I have found is instead of hurting my knees it has made them stronger (at least the muscles around them). They hurt way less now than they ever have. I also like the way he warms up your body and then stretches your muscles before you get into the workout. I think it's the best warm-up/stretch I have done in regards to preparing my knees (and body) for what is ahead.
bobo is offline   Reply With Quote