Old 06-17-2010, 02:35 PM   #1  
Roly-Poly Jock Girl

S/C/G: 342/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Turbo Fire!!

I just ordered it from the teambeachbody website. I'm so excited--thought it wouldn't be available til tomorrow!
BluCypressLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 03:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 285/150/135

Height: 5'4"

It looks interesting- tell me what you think about it!
onesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 03:28 PM   #3  

Wow, that looks awesome. Please let us know what you think!
1bighog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 05:26 AM   #4  

Interesting and tough! Report back...maybe one day I can do it, too.
sidrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:26 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/207.2/126

Height: 5'4.5

I was going to hold off until the end of July to buy it, but I was so tempted that I bought it about an hour ago! Yay!!! I purchased the basic package and the advanced dvds, and I hope to start June 27 or whenever I get it. I plan on throwing my scale out (going to give it to my mom) so that I don't get frustrated with my weight and give up. I do plan on making updates during my 20 week journey, though. If anybody else is given it a try, I'd love to have some support because I'm sure this will be the most difficult fitness program I've attempted. I also plan on integrating Chalean Extreme.

Last edited by squishysquirrel; 06-19-2010 at 12:27 PM.
squishysquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:31 AM   #6  
Roly-Poly Jock Girl

Mine's scheduled to arrive tomorrow! I'm also planning on doing a TF/CLX hybrid--we'll have to compare notes! I heard that Chalene included a plan in the TF package for those wanting to combine with CLX...I hope that's true. Either way, I'm super excited

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishysquirrel View Post
I was going to hold off until the end of July to buy it, but I was so tempted that I bought it about an hour ago! Yay!!! I purchased the basic package and the advanced dvds, and I hope to start June 27 or whenever I get it. I plan on throwing my scale out (going to give it to my mom) so that I don't get frustrated with my weight and give up. I do plan on making updates during my 20 week journey, though. If anybody else is given it a try, I'd love to have some support because I'm sure this will be the most difficult fitness program I've attempted. I also plan on integrating Chalean Extreme.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:56 AM   #7  

I'm jealous. Mine just shipped. :-(. Should get it by this weekend, though, and hopefully will be starting on Sunday.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:26 PM   #8  
Roly-Poly Jock Girl

It just arrived. It's so pretty
Old 06-23-2010, 08:55 PM   #9  

I just got my TurboFire today! ^_^. I've previewed some of the dvds, and I think I'm going to try HIIT 15 tomorrow even though I'm not going to officially start until Sunday. I've heard it's short and sweet and some people have reported having an afterburn of at least twice as much as with regular cardio. This is my kind of workout; it isn't too dancy and is full of energy. I love to sweat, and I see this program as definitely making me able to soak my shirt. It's about time for me to say goodbye to gyms and do cardio at home.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:28 PM   #10  
Newbie Nurse

S/C/G: 285/250/281

Height: 5'9"

I want that so badly!!!!!!! I love Chalene!!
JMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:02 AM   #11  
Roly-Poly Jock Girl

Oh, it's a soaker all right! I did HIIT 15 and my legs felt like noodles after. I was really surprised at how intense it was for just a 15 minute workout. I've been doing interval training and plyometrics for a few months now and I wasn't expecting to be so wiped and energized at the same time after just 15 minutes.

I think the key is that it is so short it made it easier for me mentally to go all out on the intervals, whereas with programs like Insanity I would definitely pace myself because the intervals were longer.

Really like it so far. I won't do the whole program as prescribed til after I finish CLX, but I'm definitely picking and choosing TF workouts as add-ons and replacements for CLX cardio days.

It's still a tad dance-y for my taste (I'm seriously choreography-challenged), but I think that's more my perception because they add a dance-y flavor to their moves (jumps, kicks, etc).

Quote:
I just got my TurboFire today! ^_^. I've previewed some of the dvds, and I think I'm going to try HIIT 15 tomorrow even though I'm not going to officially start until Sunday. I've heard it's short and sweet and some people have reported having an afterburn of at least twice as much as with regular cardio. This is my kind of workout; it isn't too dancy and is full of energy. I love to sweat, and I see this program as definitely making me able to soak my shirt. It's about time for me to say goodbye to gyms and do cardio at home.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:26 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluCypressLily View Post
Oh, it's a soaker all right! I did HIIT 15 and my legs felt like noodles after. I was really surprised at how intense it was for just a 15 minute workout. I've been doing interval training and plyometrics for a few months now and I wasn't expecting to be so wiped and energized at the same time after just 15 minutes.

I think the key is that it is so short it made it easier for me mentally to go all out on the intervals, whereas with programs like Insanity I would definitely pace myself because the intervals were longer.

Really like it so far. I won't do the whole program as prescribed til after I finish CLX, but I'm definitely picking and choosing TF workouts as add-ons and replacements for CLX cardio days.

It's still a tad dance-y for my taste (I'm seriously choreography-challenged), but I think that's more my perception because they add a dance-y flavor to their moves (jumps, kicks, etc).
I did Fire 30 with the New to Class option. OMG. The first 10 minutes had me sweating and gave me more of a workout than 40 minutes on the arc trainer at the gym. Don't think I'm going back to the gym anytime soon. I do plan on buying a calorie counter I've heard of from Walmart just to give me a better idea of how much I'm burning.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:47 PM   #13  
Roly-Poly Jock Girl

That's why I stopped going to the gym and started doing workout vids--I get a much better cardio workout than I do on the machines and I'm working so many more muscle groups! I can't tell you how much stronger my core has gotten from my kickboxing videos.

If you get a calorie tracker, let me know how it works for you--I've been wanting one

Quote:
I did Fire 30 with the New to Class option. OMG. The first 10 minutes had me sweating and gave me more of a workout than 40 minutes on the arc trainer at the gym. Don't think I'm going back to the gym anytime soon. I do plan on buying a calorie counter I've heard of from Walmart just to give me a better idea of how much I'm burning.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:46 PM   #14  
Training for life!

S/C/G: 174/150/131

Height: 5'5"

I can't wait I called to see where mine was ...they said it came ups when I ordered they didn't say that and I gave a PO so it going there and its taking extra days!!!! maybe MONDAY and its THUR now!!!!!
devadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:27 PM   #15  
Roly-Poly Jock Girl

Did it ever arrive???

Quote:
Originally Posted by devadiva View Post
I can't wait I called to see where mine was ...they said it came ups when I ordered they didn't say that and I gave a PO so it going there and its taking extra days!!!! maybe MONDAY and its THUR now!!!!!