Old 08-31-2010, 10:41 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 145/136.5/124

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJKiddo View Post
Hey Denise24! I'm wrapping up week 2 and I feel pretty good about it. On the HIIT 15 I don't sweat as much as Insanity, but on the Fire 45 and Fire 55... OMG! Well, I love it. If you know and like Turbo Jam, you'll love Turbo Fire.

I'm waiting for week 4 so I can get back on the scale.
Hey!!! So I did the Fire 45 Saturday night at 9 pm because I went out to eat with the fam and ate wayyy too much hahah!

I got a HRM today and did the HIIT 30. I burned almost 600 calories and my Heart Rate got up to 184! Man, nothing (other than Insanity) can burn that many calories off of me in 30 minutes! I love it! I did the 50 minute Insanity Max Cardio video yesterday, but didn't have an HRM to tell ya how much I really burned.

Not following any one program (I get bored way too easily) and I haven't weighed myself in 2 weeks! Can't wait to weigh in again this weekend!

How is everyone else doing? How many calories do you guys burn doing TF?
Denise24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:08 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 173/171/150

Height: 5'6"

I wish I burned that many! I have a GoWear Fit and I burn around 430-475 calories during the longer workouts. The HIIT workouts I'm usually around 200-300.
festivus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:12 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

weeee... Got my TF today. Already did Fire 30 "new to class" then I did the regular class workout. I love Chalene, and she has such an awesome body... toned and not too skinny, great motivation to hopefully look like that one day.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 06:29 PM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by festivus View Post
I wish I burned that many! I have a GoWear Fit and I burn around 430-475 calories during the longer workouts. The HIIT workouts I'm usually around 200-300.
Really?! Wow - what does your heart rate get up to?! I'm sure you are drenched in sweat after like I am haha! I did it out the garage so it was about 80 degrees also. I wonder if that made me burn more haha... I have to do Insanity in the AC - I would overheat during that!
Old 09-01-2010, 06:33 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 173/171/150

Height: 5'6"

I don't know my heart rate, but I'd be surprised if it was lower than the 170's, which is usually what the elliptical machine tells me. My heart rate shoots up really easily. The house has been around 70 degrees, thank god not too much hotter! I've noticed that I burn way more when there is more jumping or kicking, not as much with the punches.

I think I'm going to try Insanity next, but it kinda scares me. One thing I like about TF is that you are never doing the same move for more than like 10 seconds. I get a lot more tired when doing the same thing more 30 seconds or more.
festivus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 06:36 PM   #51  

Yeah I definitely feel much more burnt out after Insanity - but I do TF because I just enjoy them. Don't get me wrong ... I am sweating...but after Insanity (and during) I just feel like I'm going to die haha!

However, that being said, if you can hang in TF, you can hang in Insanity. Maybe not at 100% effort, but you can definitely hang! Let me know if you try it! I love Shaun T! Best video is I think Pure Cardio when at the end when everyone falls to the floor and your cooling down he says "People always ask me why I do the things I do...."Cause I wanna look good"" haha... at least he's honest!
Old 09-02-2010, 04:35 AM   #52  

Default New to Turbo Fire

hey there,
I am hoping to join this thread. I just ordered Turbo Fire and I am a bit nervous it will be too much. You all seem really fit to me and I am not quite there yet
I have TJ although I haven't done it in quite a while.
I would appreciate your thoughts!
thanks yvette
ho11ybr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:34 AM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ho11ybr View Post
hey there,
I am hoping to join this thread. I just ordered Turbo Fire and I am a bit nervous it will be too much. You all seem really fit to me and I am not quite there yet
I have TJ although I haven't done it in quite a while.
I would appreciate your thoughts!
thanks yvette
Hi Yvette,

I would start doing TJ until you get it so you can freshen up the moves, they are a lot of the same and you can do a modified version in TF also. What have you been doing lately?

You will be fine with TF, just modify whenever you need to and work your way up! Let me know how your first class goes!

~Denise
Old 09-03-2010, 08:07 PM   #54  
The beginning

S/C/G: 273/249/?

Height: 5" 6'

I love Turbo Fire!

I started last week, I don't have a HRM but after every workout I can't stop sweating. Today I did the HIIT 15 class and was able to do a jumping jack for the first time in a long time.
shawnee66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:20 PM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnee66 View Post
I love Turbo Fire!

I started last week, I don't have a HRM but after every workout I can't stop sweating. Today I did the HIIT 15 class and was able to do a jumping jack for the first time in a long time.
Congratulations on the jumping jack! Thats the beginning! Don't stop now! Keep going

It's so rewarding isn't it?! Keep it up!!!!

That HIIT 15 was the first TF video I did, it was fun!
Old 09-07-2010, 10:04 PM   #56  

Well still waiting for it to come in. It looks like it will be in tomorrow. I am pretty excited now.
Denise- I have been doing my elliptical.
I can't wait to throw on my HRM and see how many calories that I burn and my heart rate.

I was wondering it anyone does additional strength training or anything? I was thinking about adding pilates later. I really want to target my abs and when I have done pilates it goes right for the core.

I spent some time watching youtube videos on people doing turbo fire. Gave me a good idea of what some of the moves look like. Might be a bit hard on my knees but I look at it this way- I need to strengthen them!

Hope eveyones week is going well thus far!

yvette
Old 09-08-2010, 09:31 AM   #57  

Yvette - are you doing intervals on your elliptical or just a steady pace?

Just make sure you don't push yourself too hard on your knees. My mom has the same issue so she does the low impact version. She also walks about 4-5 miles a day with her dogs. She has lost about 20 lbs in the past 3-5 months and is looking really good and has a lot less pressure on her knees now! So it gets better, don't worry!

I only do TF intervals about 3 times a week and then I mix in other cardio 3 more times for a total of 6 times per week. 3-4 of those days I do split training and I'll do my cardio in the morning then after work I will do weight training also. Yesterday after work I tried my first TF sculpting video with bands and it actually did a pretty good number on my arms

Let me know how you like everything! Good luck everyone!!!
Old 09-09-2010, 10:10 AM   #58  

Hey there,
I did receive my TF yesterday and this morning I did the Fire 30. I ended up doing the new class version. I did sweat oddles. I had forgotten how difficult some of her moves can be but I am sure I will have it down in about a week.

I have alot of different programs and I have to say this one is really put together well. Very professional. I did get the advanced so I have the journal and I think it is great.

Does anyone know- in the journal it wants you to record how many calories you plan to burn on the GOAL page, do you think that is just including the workout or the entire days? I tend to think it is the entire day since it wants you to figure out your calorie deficit.

Denise- I was doing interval training on the elliptical. I learned how to do it in a program at a gym I took. I have one of the those Polar HRM and it is set up for all my zones etc. I really believe that the interval training that TF and the class etc offers is the best way to get in shape.

thanks yvette

Last edited by ho11ybr; 09-09-2010 at 10:18 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:38 PM   #59  

Well... I haven't done TF since the other day when I did a weight training video. I've been getting into RevAbs - nothing makes my abs sore like those videos! They kill my abs haha!

And since my monthly friend has been around I've been feeling big around my mid-section...thus I've been attacking them during my workouts haha

I'm feeling a bit better today so I think I will do the 50 minute TF today

How is everyone else doing?

P.S. I've had too many sweets this week also - not my best week!

~Denise
Old 09-13-2010, 08:28 AM   #60  

Good Morning,
I did Fire 30 again and I had a very successful exercise. I think I got down a few of the moves. I ended up feeling the 'burn' all day.

I am supposed to do Fire 55 and I am not up for it yet, so I am going to do fire 30.

Keeping it going..

yvette