Old 08-03-2010, 10:23 PM   #121  

Never tried it, Eve.

I've been meaning to add extra Cardio Abs workouts to my week (I'd like to aim for 3 a week, rather than the 1 prescribed), but so far it hasn't happened.
1bighog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:22 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 261/161/145

Height: 5'7"

I've tried it. My coworker gave me two packets of it. Not enough to fully gauge whether it is any good. I think it is over priced for what you get. You do need a good ratio of carbs and protein for post recovery. Do your research on chocolate milk and look for Over the Moon fat free choc milk. It has a good carb/protein balance and 150 calories or so.
Or you can stick to your homemade protein shake, just add more fresh fruit like pineapple which has a good amount of sugar in it.
Like Shaun also says, eat plenty of fruit.

1bighog - what's your real name? Anyway, I started JM's 30 day Shred yesterday, which is minimal strain on my knee compared to Insanity. So far it feels effective! 10 days off of Insanity and I'm already sore:S
jenlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:25 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 180/135

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Ladies, I started Insanity a couple of months ago..absolutely loved it got to week three and then the flu season hit my family. It seemed like it lasted weeks an I haven't done a workout since. So I am starting all over again on Monday Aug.9. I have calculated my required calories and am going to stick with the eating program as well. Can you tell that I am determined?!

1bighog: Your quote that you have from George S. Patton is very motivating. It's great. Thanks for sharing that with us.
GIRLIE GIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:06 AM   #124  

Jen, my name is Vanna. GIRLIE, I love the quote, too! It's so true, isn't it? It's my mantra when I'm running. I always want to quit when I'm running! And when I do, I always hate myself after and think, oh, I really could have done another mile if I wanted! Anyway, good luck on this round of Insanity!

I skipped Max Cardio Conditioning and Cardio Abs yesterday. My husband is out of town, 2 of my 4 kids started school this week--one of them being in kindergarten (and is presenting challenges I haven't dealt with in my other two kids yet)--and I'm just exhausted.

Last week my lowest weight of the week was 166. I started my period and had a weekend of binge eating (okay, the truth is it was really alcohol, not food that did me in!) and on my weigh in day this past week I was back up to 168. I've been working out (except yesterday) but not following my Weight Watchers plan (I don't know why, but it's really hard for me to do it when husband is out of town. He doesn't even diet with me.) I was really afraid to step on the scale this morning, thinking my hard work had gone to waste, but the scale was nice and I clocked in at 166.8 this morning.

So that gave me the boost I needed to get my butt in gear and work out this morning. I did yesterday's workout today and I hope to do today's workout tonight (Max Recovery.) I may skip it, but I'd really like to say I completed every single workout in the program when I am done with it next week.

And I have decided that I like Max Cardio Conditioning better than the plyo and circuit workouts because every minute is a different exercise. During the other workouts, I find myself saying, "Okay, this is the 3rd exercise of the 2nd repetition of the 1st interval in this workout. Only xyz to go!"
Old 08-08-2010, 10:03 AM   #125  

Good morning!!! Has anyone signed up with a Beachbody Coach? What is involved ... did you find that it helped you??
I went online to look at some before and after pictures and then it asked me to sign up. It says it's free but I just want to make sure that there are no other strings attached that I missed.
What do you think girls? I am psyched!! Can't wait until tomorrow....honestly I should probably just start today. Maybe I will.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:39 PM   #126  

Here are the results of my first fitness test:

SWITCH KICKS = 86 (both legs total)
POWER JACKS = 26
POWER KNEES = 37
POWER JUMPS = 14
GLOBE JUMPS = 6
SUICIDE JUMPS = 12
PUSHUPS ON KNEES = 14 (I have a bad wrist)
LOWPLANK OBLIQUES = 30 ( both legs total)

Ok...nots so wonderful but not so terrible. WHOO HOO!! Let's get the party started!!!!
Old 08-10-2010, 07:44 PM   #127  

Where is everbody? Is everyone done with their 60 days?? I need a workout buddy!! I just started...awwwwww. or should I say Owwwww....
Old 08-11-2010, 06:28 PM   #128  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

I've been looking at P90X and Insanity programs- I read this whole thread through. What is the consensus? Does the program create the changes in the body you were looking for? Would you say the results were better than what you were getting with a standard workout program? Is it worth the money?
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:18 PM   #129  

Hi Eagle River Dee.
I started Insanity once earlier in the year and made it through week 3 before flu season hit me and my family and I"m just starting back up. I originally got Insanity to relieve stress and help me sleep at night. Dr's orders. In those three weeks I definitely was getting stronger and feeling better. Not only did it help with my insomnia and stress but I also started eating better. I surprised myself with my second fit test.
I love it and think it is worth every penny. This time I took before pictures and am determined to finish it. (Although my calves are on fire right now)
There is another thread that you may be interested in reading
shaun t insanity

On it you will find before and after pictures and fit test results and different opinions as other women work through it.

I hope this helps and I hope you decide to get Insanity. I need a workout Buddy!!!
Old 08-12-2010, 02:27 AM   #130  
nightcrawler

S/C/G: 227/214/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIRLIE GIRL View Post
Is everyone done with their 60 days?? I need a workout buddy!! I just started...awwwwww. or should I say Owwwww....
hey there girlie girl! i can be your virtual workout buddy..i will be starting tomorrow..i have had the dvds forever (since may) and i have started it, but i didn't make it past week 2..i am determined to get back up off my feet and do this from beginning to end! you down?
wikidsnyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:00 PM   #131  
lovethetruth

S/C/G: 138/138/132

Height: 5'2

Hey girls, i will start on Monday once again.. i did the 60 days and i did see result more on my abs then anything else. but what mess me up was that i wasnt consistent with my eating but this time i will do it all . the dvd's and eating healthy. if i do that i will see more result. i will take some pictures and keep myself posted... if anyone starting monday please let me know.
32smasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:40 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 261/161/145

Height: 5'7"

My knee crapped out on me on Day 1 of Phase 2. I didn't lose pounds like I anticipated, but I also had not been accustomed to eating so much carbs which is part of the diet. What I did lose is inches and I gained a LOT of strength. I had no muscle definition before anywhere. I am very pleased with the strength gained. I definitely think it is worth having it. It is NOT worth buying it at beachbody and dropping $145 or however much it is. Go to DVDvane and get it there, $64.99 and free shipping.
http://www.dvdvane.com/index.php?mai...roducts_id=238
jenlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:07 PM   #133  

All right Wikidsnyper and 32smasher let's do it!!! I'm psyched!!

Last edited by GIRLIE GIRL; 08-13-2010 at 08:18 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:48 PM   #134  

I took 2 weeks off halfway through month 2...I'm going to finish my last two weeks!
Old 08-17-2010, 12:24 PM   #135  

Can I join? I just started insanity. I did the fit test on Sunday and did the plyo cardio on Monday so today is my day 3. Im so sore I can barely move. Im going to do my measurements today so I can have a before and after.
christinah5150 is offline   Reply With Quote