Old 05-12-2010, 06:01 PM   #1  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

Default Need a suggestion for weight video

I really want to get an effective, but not to complicated or long weight lifting DVD that I can do and see some results. My arms are REALLY week, so I'm a beginner, but would like something a bit challenging. Does that make sense? LOL Does anyone have any suggestions?
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 06:23 PM   #2  

I recommend ChaLEAN Extreme. When I did this workout for the first time, I have never lifted weights in my life. I started as low as 3lb and low I can lift 15 pounds on the upper body exercises. That's a lot!

It's a 90 day program and the routines lasts for about 40 minutes each.

And I just love Chalene. She is the best. Look for ChaLEAN Extreme on YouTube so you can see what is all about.
MJKiddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 07:22 PM   #3  
natalie

S/C/G: 260/171.2/145

Height: 5'7"

I got Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones, and I really like it.

I'd previously done P90X, and was in realllly good shape last summer. I couldn't find something that fit in my schedule (P90X is like 6 days a week and over an hour a day, not sustainable for me) but was hard enough to give me good results.

I really like this video. It's 40 minutes, with the warm up and cool down making it nearly an hour. But it's a full body work out, and it's hard, but not THAT hard. I only did half the video yesterday and I'm mega sore. I know this will bring about the results I'm looking for, but I will only have to do it twice a week. And by the way, since NMTZ is so fast paced, it'd kind of cardio-ish too. I don't know how many cals I burn, but I think it's a lot, because I sweat QUITE a bit and my heart rate is up.

ChaLEAN sounds good too. Read some reviews on amazon.com and see what works for you.

Last edited by oodlesofnoodles; 05-12-2010 at 07:33 PM.
oodlesofnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:29 PM   #4  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

I have seen the ChaLean thing, watched the videos etc, but I'm not sure I'm ready to invest that much money in it at this point. It does look like a good workout though. Maybe I can convince DH to get it for my birthday.
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:42 PM   #5  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I would recommend the Cardio Flex band workout (http://www.amazon.com/Method-Cardio-...3714616&sr=8-8) or the free DVD that comes with Fit in your Skin from Jackie Warner (http://www.fitinyourskin.com/).
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 234/222.6/170

Height: 5'6

If you have Netflix, you can watch fitness videos on your computer or streamed to your tv. It's inexpensive and then you can "try before you buy".
StuffedBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 03:22 PM   #7  

Default Weight DVD's

I was looking for the same thing when I found Kelly Coffey's 30 minutes to fitness dvd's. They are great for weight training. Kind of like the gym weight classes. She has one called "Weights" (i love!!) and one called "Muscle Definition". They are both GREAT and are 30 minutes upper body and 30 minutes lower body give or take a few minutes. Very easy to follow, I started doing them with 5 lb. weights and I am now up to 15's. When I do either one at least twice a week I can definitley see the difference in my butt, shoulders and arms. I have also tried Jari love's which are good, almost the same, but i always go back to Kelly Coffey's. They are not expensive either, so they may be an option.
You can check them out on Collagevideo.com and see if you might like them. Good luck!!

Last edited by jeniwoodley; 06-07-2010 at 03:24 PM.
jeniwoodley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 03:29 PM   #8  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oodlesofnoodles View Post
I got Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones, and I really like it.

I'd previously done P90X, and was in realllly good shape last summer. I couldn't find something that fit in my schedule (P90X is like 6 days a week and over an hour a day, not sustainable for me) but was hard enough to give me good results.

I really like this video. It's 40 minutes, with the warm up and cool down making it nearly an hour. But it's a full body work out, and it's hard, but not THAT hard. I only did half the video yesterday and I'm mega sore. I know this will bring about the results I'm looking for, but I will only have to do it twice a week. And by the way, since NMTZ is so fast paced, it'd kind of cardio-ish too. I don't know how many cals I burn, but I think it's a lot, because I sweat QUITE a bit and my heart rate is up.

ChaLEAN sounds good too. Read some reviews on amazon.com and see what works for you.

I have it too! I ♥ Jillian workouts Though I wanted to say that I am not sure it would be for a beginner. The first time I attempted it, I cried on one of the moves, first time I've ever cried during a workout Though it could be cause I am a wuss

To the OP - Good luck with whatever workout you choose

Last edited by Onederchic; 06-07-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 06:40 PM   #9  
Losing 60 in 2010!

S/C/G: 180/180/120

Height: 5'6"

I'm doing 30 day shred by Jillian, and loving it! But since I'm doing it w/o the weights I've been doing this also: hundredpushups(dot)com
I want the muscle definition w/o looking like a body builder. I can tell you that my arms are aching but I can already see muscles even when I'm not flexing.
(It won't let me put in the link until I have 25 posts)
XxMissRoxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:37 PM   #10  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I went with Kim Lyons for beginner level. They suggest starting with 2 lbs but I keep adding weight so this is a workout I can still get something from.

http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-...up-series-5742

I feel like I am ready for intermediate but still like the 30 min time frame so I've just picked up 2 from Coffey...

http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-...efinition-5766

http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-...o-fitness-7991

...and Strong Body, Ageless Body to bump me to 45 min.

http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-...less-body-7929

HTH!
A.

Last edited by astrophe; 06-07-2010 at 11:38 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote