Old 04-02-2010, 04:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Default 30 Day Shred - April thread

No time to chat right now...but starting up the April thread!
babygrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 04:14 PM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sct View Post
I'm having jaw problems too. I have TMJD and my jaw has been locked for a week and a half. I'm on a soft food diet (minimal to no chewing) until I go back to my dentist next week. Luckily I don't have any pain from it unless I try to open my mouth more than an inch. I'm so sorry you're in pain Is it tmj related too? I'm doing a lot of soups, yogurt, cottage cheese, soft pasta, atkins shakes. I got some turkey spread from the deli that was really good. I haven't really been counting like I should, but I know i'm way under my calorie allotment just because i'm tired of eating the same stuff over and over.
Yes, TMJD. All stared when I got my wisdom teeth out in 1999. Blah. Have tried the splint, arthroscopy, physiotherapy, chiropractor......

Am on muscle relaxants now but they make me feel stoned...and with two young kids who need to be drove around it just doesn't work!
Old 04-02-2010, 04:16 PM   #3  
Happily Married

S/C/G: 194/177/145

I started level 2 yesterday it was a toughy but i liked it
Skinnybride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:00 PM   #4  

I rotate on all levels. Level 1 wasn't enough for me so I did level 2 and felt like I was working out, then I did level 3 yesterday I thought I would pass out lolz. Went back to level 1 today, tomorrow going to do level 2 if I am not too tired from work. ( physical job at a warehouse)
RedRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/130/110

Height: 5'4"

Great! I'm here!
AllisonR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 03:50 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 183/maintaining 135ish

Height: 5'6"

Hi, I wanted to say I've been following on the March thread, but I didn't want to join until I was actually doing the video regularly. So here goes, day number 4 of level 1 today. So far only every other day alternating with elliptical, although I am trying to improve.

Also, I am just going to whine, this once, and I promise I am not going to do it any more. But I have to put it out there. Jillian, you say anyone can do jumping jacks. But you have NO BOOBS. I can see it on the video with you in your little spaghetti strap cotton tops. I strap myself into two fricken industrial strength boned bras on top of each other to do this video, and I'm still tempted to hold onto the girls for protection every time I do that set, so I don't want to hear any more cheerful crap about how anyone can do jumping jacks. (I turn down the sound now and just follow the video, which is why I have not thrown my weights through the screen yet.)

(Also, just to be evil, Jillian, in your video cover pictures, you magically have perky 34Cs and yet you appear to be wearing that very same type cotton lycra bra. Hmmm.)
bronzeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 02:08 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronzeager View Post
Also, I am just going to whine, this once, and I promise I am not going to do it any more. But I have to put it out there. Jillian, you say anyone can do jumping jacks. But you have NO BOOBS. I can see it on the video with you in your little spaghetti strap cotton tops. I strap myself into two fricken industrial strength boned bras on top of each other to do this video, and I'm still tempted to hold onto the girls for protection every time I do that set, so I don't want to hear any more cheerful crap about how anyone can do jumping jacks. (I turn down the sound now and just follow the video, which is why I have not thrown my weights through the screen yet.)
I had the same problem till I got a reduction. I would've seriously given myself a black eye had I tried to do a jumping jack. Ennel sport bras work super though!
Old 04-05-2010, 01:15 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/220/160

Default Shredding

I started the 30 day Shred at the end of March and going through to May 1st. I take one day off but shred the rest of the week.

So far I have shredded as listed below:

Mar 29 - Level 1
Mar 30 - Level 1
Mar 31 - Level 1
Apr 01 - Level 1
Apr 02 - Level 1
Apr 03 - Level 1
Apr 04 - Much needed day off!

Will check in tomorrow.
Niecey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:30 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygrant View Post
I had the same problem till I got a reduction. I would've seriously given myself a black eye had I tried to do a jumping jack. Ennel sport bras work super though!
Hee hee, I had a reduction in 2004; and the surgeon did a great job. They're very proportional now, but I have a big frame and chest, so in absolute terms they're still good sized, and heavy dense tissue (according to the surgeon). And the ranting was partly PMS....

When I get back to the States this summer I would like to try an Enell. I splurged on a Maia bra a few years ago but it is now too big, hence the jury-rigging. And it's true the whole idea of jumping jacks would have been unthinkable before the surgery. This video is the first time I've actually tried anything bouncy, I'm hoping to work up eventually to running.

Last edited by bronzeager; 04-05-2010 at 12:34 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:09 PM   #10  

Day 7 of Level 1 completed.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:33 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 217/*ticker*/130

Height: 5'3

Hey guys!

I've been doing the Shred since December (almost 4 months). I just finally started doing level 3 this week and it really kicked my butt! I was able to get through it without stopping though, so that always feels good.

I don't do the Shred every day because I find that it hurts my knees (I try SO hard to have perfect form and I feel like I'm doing all the moves correctly...), but I do it about 3 days a week and then do other DVDs in between.

Anyway... keep up the good work everybody!
LauraLoooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:29 PM   #12  

Day 8 of Level 1 completed.

I find that if I keep good form, not looking down at the tv, I get through the jumping exercises a lot easier and it doesn't hurt my knees or shins as much.

Last edited by Niecey; 04-06-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:45 PM   #13  

Day 9 of Level 1 completed.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:06 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Whoo! Hi girls! I just found this thread. Just started up 30 day shred again. I've been doing it off and on since November, but just a couple times a week. This time I'm going to try and do it daily for 30 days and see what happens.

Today is day five. Did the first day at level 1, but it seemed to easy, so I did 2 days at level 2, then I was sooo sore, so yesterday back down to 1, and today up to 2. I think I will keep them in rotation a bit until I get a bit stronger for all those plank exercises!! Whoo! I hope to work up to level 3 during this run, even if it's just in the last week or so!
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:56 AM   #15  

The jumping jacks are getting easier! When I started they seemed like forever, and now the last two times I thought, "Was that all? That was quick!"

I'm not doing Jillian every day (only when I can't make it to the gym for elliptical) so whenever I watch a TV show I do something from level 1: especially the squat-bicep raises which I don't have good endurance on yet. I think it's helping.