Old 04-20-2010, 03:23 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 160/130/110

Height: 5'4"

Okay everyone, I've decided to step it up in my last 6 weeks of the program and do the Double routine (as much as I can when I don't have work/school) if I want to step into Jacob size 5/6 pants comfortably. But the next two weeeks (AT LEAST) should be doable, and on the days I can't, I'll just do one video.

Motivation!

I just finished the Chest, Back, and Triceps. I'm gonna rest a bit, and then do Cardio X.
AllisonR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:50 PM   #92  

Hi everyone!

My name is Joelene, I just joined 3FC a couple days ago. I have started the p90x Lean routine! Today was my second day! ( can't BELIEVE how good i actually feel ) I am so happy I found this thread! I thought I was alone doing p90x.

It is way WAY advanced for me, but I do my best and figure it will get easier over the weeks. I am fallin all OVER the place, but I am actually active! So falling is ok. It is nice to see the guys on the vid trip up too. Makes me feel much better.. hehehe

Anyway, I had to introduce myself!! I am going to sub to this thread and go back and read all 7 pages!
Athene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:56 PM   #93  

WOW WOW WOW. What a totally motivating day on this board. TWO new members -- WELCOME Ywieght and Joelene -- one crazy lady doing doubles (go-Allie-go), a hammer pants mental-image that almost made me pee my hammer-pants, and Brem ROCKING the sweat. I knew this was going to be a good week!

My accountability. Day 30 Sweat? Check. And--crankiness notwithstanding--it turned out to be a good workout. I made it through yoga and 3 rounds of knees up, high impact (sort of--shin splints still impacting run lunges), and x-work. I *almost* made it through 2 rounds of kicks (he doesn't add an extra round of kicks to 3-4), but couldn't keep up with lunatic Tony's speed on those. He's the Mayor of Crazy-Town on those kicks. I silently curse and wonder what non-professional-athlete could do this at this speed? Ah well. Did as much as I could. Bang.

And ... dun dun dunn ... also did the dreaded pics. Blech. I am always amazed by how much better I FEEL than I look. Ha Ha. Also amazed at how much it is possible to hide in business suits. LOL. There is nothing like photo shots of a winter-white 43-year-old bod in a bikini (ish) at 6:03 AM for crushing any illusions one is harboring about one's self. But what the heck? I've worked out for 30 days straight (minus scheduled rests), I am in wayyy... better shape than I was a month ago (not visible yet, but it is coming), and I know that there is literally no way this won't work if I keep working it. Holy rah-rah, not sure where the revitalized "spirit" came from today (other than this great board), but I am all good with where I'm at.

OK again. Holy-gettin'-really-long post 2 days in a row (hey... c'mon, it was day 30, cut a girl some slack). Quick shout outs . . . .

Brem -- your board is going nuts! Every time I sign in it is at the top of the page. THANK YOU for gathering us all together. It's often like the Island of Misfit Toys around here with all of our mumbling/cursing about the workouts -- But we are actually doing it. (!!!) I love this group, and your post today was my favorite so far. "Garden snake?" HA HA HA. Your DH/kids either don't know funny, or they are just suffering from the malaise that infects all who have the luxury of living with the funny.

Brandon -- I can't move off of my allegiance to the "flying resistance band," but, if I could, the hammer-pants post would be my new fav. I am not hip enuf to know what the hammer shuffle was (is? and can we say "is" about the hammer shuffle?), but that makes it way better because I get to imagine the whole scene. Something akin to Hammer-Pants are still popular in the chef-world, and whenever DH dons his he'll catch me in the living room with a "it's hammer-time" "dance." (And yes, "dance" in quotes for a reason).

Allison -- Um. Seriously? Doubles? Kidding kidding kiddding, that is awesome. I have no idea what a size 8 Jacob's looks like, but my guess is that they would fit my arms. At least I hope that they would fit my arms. If today's photos are indicative maybe not. Just you wait though, come day 90 I WILL be squeezing my arms into those size 8 pants. You go.

Ywieght and Joelene. Yea! and welcome again. I am a serial highjacker of Brem's thread, but for some reason she hasn't seen fit to block me yet. That day will come. While my time lasts, I do so love to meet other folks new to Tony. He has dragged me kicking and screaming into (relative) fitness in the past, and I am asking him to do it again against my will. Can't think of any better revenge than to drag you along. Also SO HAPPY that somebody got the tribbles. I got the 16-tons, since that is exactly what I drag around the room during power yoga.

Thanks all, and P.S. YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ THESE THINGS. I am effusive by nature, but I require NO response. Ask my husband and my dog.

Best all---
Cormac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:16 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 300/273/180

Height: 5'11

http://www.howcast.com/videos/310941...C-Hammer-Dance

pretty much EXACTLY like this video haha.
brandon43512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:37 PM   #95  

LMAO, ROTFL -- that looks about 25 times more strenuous than Sweat 3-4. Brandon, once again, you just made my day. Tomorrow I sub hammer-dance for squats. I may even search out the pants....

night all.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:05 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 228/207/140

Height: 5"6

Default HI, I started power 90 feb 22

it has been going great, since i was a couch potato, decided to start with power 90, I will be moving on to the master series at the end of the 90 days
then on to p90x

you all seem to be doing great

228/207/140
RJA11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:06 AM   #97  

Just a quick update for people who are thinking of doing P90X Doubles:

It's my first day, so please forgive me. I'm not trying to sound like a know-it-all. IT MAKES YOU EAT LIKE A FIEND. I thought I'd be find. "Chest & Back" - Yeah, small stuff. "Cardio X" - That's like my off-day workout. Pfttt. I was so overly confident. After doing both of these exercises, I come upstairs from the basement wolfing down chestnuts and salads (at least it's semi-healthy, right?)

I also modify a lot of the pushups and pullups.

Hahaha. Anyway, there's my story for today.

I'm so glad to see more people joining this thread! HIYA AND WELCOME!

Tomorrow, I'm doing Pylometrics.

Thursday - I have an interview, then I'm going out partying. If I can squeeze it in, I might do a Level 3 30 DS in the morning. I'll keep everyone updated.

Peace out. Haha. I never say that in real life.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:52 AM   #98  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bremro View Post
I woke up super energetic this morning and I have no idea why. Maybe because I was such a sourpuss yesterday. I took the kids to church, then the kids talked me into the chinese buffet (so technically going off my plan was all THEIR fault right? ) which made sense because we had to go grocery shopping and there is nothing worse that grocery shopping with 3 hungry kids.
So I went to WW alone because Rob understands the program now and can do it at home. Never mind the fact that out of the 9 weeks that he went he lost for 5 of those weeks then wussed out and started gaining. So I guess if you are not going to DO weight watchers there is no reason to PAY for it right? Ok so after doing Power 90 all week minus one day, ripping up carpet, I gained 3.6lbs. Now for my confession or excuses or whatever lameness I can scrape to explain why I gained. Truth: My eating was horrible this week. We ate out almost every night due to the kitchen being full of furniture while we did the floors except for the one night we ate at Subway. Then my salt craving didn't help any... So I should be rejoicing that I only gained 3.6 lbs. So I woke up with a little pep this morning because it is a new day. I can't rewind last week so I can only strive to do awesome today.
Just to add, I was watching Dr. Oz by fluke, and he said after strenuous exercise, muscles get swollen, so you gain more weight immediately after working out, and your body will shed those extra pounds soon!

Hope that helps!

Last edited by AllisonR; 04-21-2010 at 01:57 AM.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:41 AM   #99  

Welcome RJA! Glad you found us -- Brem has assembled a great group.

Morning drive-by y'all.
Quote:
IT MAKES YOU EAT LIKE A FIEND.
Ha ha ha ha. Reason #100 why I shouldn't try doubles. Have I said I don't believe in doing "extras"? Day 31 done. Have a great day all!
Old 04-21-2010, 02:30 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 253.8/Ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Love Love Love seeing all the new faces (posts or names whatever we want to call it). Ok quick update on me.... Hubby has wussed out on WW and now P90. Normally I would throw the towel and blame him. However, I have a wonderful support group here so I don't feel the need to quit. It is actually motivating that I am doing this and sticking to it.

Big day today. I got up early and did my sculpt and it went okay. Last set is still a 7-4-4. So no progress but no decline... My chair dips since losing the coffee table and using a real chair now is a whopping 5. Hubby ate while I worked out which hearing him chew is irritating in itself but when you are working out before eating and you are hungry makes it double irritating but I made it through and he survived. Met my niece for the first time today she was born at 32 weeks and weighed 2 1/2 lbs. She is now up to 4lbs and tee tiny. My kids were big lumps so holding her was scary. She is adorable. Then I went to a graduate luncheon at my nursing school. The graduates host a luncheon where the past graduates come back and speak about life after graduation, taking the boards, and working advice. I had nothing prepared but I luckily have no problems speaking. The luncheon was sub sandwiches with chips, cokes, and cookies. I had a small sub w/ mustard, NO chips and NO cookie. I brought my own diet drink. I was proud of myself. I did find out that a member of my WW group is in nursing school and she was surprised to see me and I was surprised to see her. So I was glad that I didn't hit the cookies. I work tonight so as soon as my kids get home (out early today) I am going to go to sleep.

Allison ~ DOUBLES! U ROCK! I am struggling through singles but one day, one day I will make it through.... I love Dr. Oz and I had read that about the muscles protecting themselves and holding onto water. I hope that is what it is but if not I am going to keep trucking. I will either weigh less or look better or feel better or a combo... right now I will take any one of those.

Athene ~ Ok I have heard of P90, P90 Masters, and P90X so what is P90X lean? How are you doing? Are you finding it easier every day?

Cormac ~ Day 30 WooHoo.... Big milestone. Proud of you for taking the pics. I think on Day 90 I am going to take a pic then go get a spray tan for a reward and take another pic and see if there is a difference?

Brandon ~ perfect video. I laughed so hard because my sister and I would do that alot practicing the moves.

RJA11 ~ you and I have the same exact plan. I too was a couch potato... I am currently doing P90 and then plan on P90x then possibly Shaun T's INsanity. I am wavering back and forth on the Masters.. do already own it? Do you think it is a great transition video?

Man this thread has blow up the last few days. I love it. I think that checking in here everyday has been such a good motivating factor and knowing that others are having the same issues or struggles makes me feel actually normal. So thanks everyone!
bremro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:01 PM   #101  

Just sitting here, eating my lunch....staring at my e-mail inbox....

Nope, no msg that my p90 has been shipped yet.

No, still no msg
YWeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:07 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 253.8/Ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hang in there..... it will come! We will be here to cheer you on when it gets there!
bremro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:41 PM   #103  

Thank you for the warm welcome!! It is so nice to be able to come in here and see that I am not alone!!

OMG!! I just did Ab RIpper.. and i want to DIE!!! I am shaky and feel like I want to be sick.. but i still sorta feel great... LOL I kinda hate but love this whole thing...love to hate it? hate to love it? I dunno.. someone give me a bottle of water a straw and roll me over so I don't drown..

Bremro, thank you P90 Lean is more of a Cardio type program of the p90 vids. Slightly less intensive. But man it is killer.. My goal isnt' to be "ripped' so I found this schedule. Just a bit different..

Week 1 - 3

Day 1 Core Synergistics
Day 2 Cardio X
Day 3 Shoulders & Arms, Ab Ripper X
Day 4 Yoga X
Day 5 Legs & Back
Day 6 Kenpo X
Day 7 Rest or Stretch

then it gets mixed up, as to be expected. I can put the entire schedule here if you like
Athene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:13 AM   #104  

Hey guys,

So I changed it up already on the second day! Haha, since I'm busy tomorrow, I did the two workouts today: Legs + Back and Cardio X. And instead, the Pylometrics will be for tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll get up early enough for it!
Old 04-22-2010, 06:46 AM   #105  

Quote:
LOL I kinda hate but love this whole thing...love to hate it?
Ha Ha Ha. You have definitely joined the right group! Some of us still feel triumphant when we make it through the workout with no audible adult language....
Brem -- that stinks that Hubby has quit, but it is great that you haven't used that as a reason to join him. I don't know if I could be that strong in the face of a "good excuse." I am travelling for work next week and I am already nervous about how I will manage without my hubby to keep me accountable. Will have to strategize.

Yweight -- Careful what you wish for.... ( kidding, of course, hope you get that email today!)

Alli -- woot! on day 2 of doubles, and way to plan ahead for a busy day....

UGH y'all. I wayyyy overslept. Which is such a stupid expression, since my body feels like it way UNDERslept. So here it is 6:41 and I haven't worked out yet (ummm, "goal" is 6AM start time). Might give myself permission to do Sweat 1-2 today, since it saves about 15 minutes over 3-4. That still counts, right? (DH thinks I am psychotic, since last time I subbed 1-2 I cut a tiny piece off of my "I did it" sticker before putting it on the w/o calendar). He may be right.

Get 'er done y'all! Have a great day.