Old 04-11-2010, 02:41 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 300/273/180

Height: 5'11

Got done with my video just in time for the finish of the masters : D The only thing I really struggle with in the Sweat 1-2 is the power yoga and the hard sweat ( jumping jacks, run lunges ). Really the only part of yoga is the downward dog to swing the leg to crescent/warrior. I know starting out I won't be able to do them, but something to look forward to. I have trouble with the jumping jacks because When I jump up and down, all the weight on from my stomach and chest bounces up and down and it just hurts. He says low impact but when your dealing with extra weight, it's way harder to do. I do them none the less but just letting you know of somethings I have opinions on. Does anyone else notice that it seems every exercise we do includes the triceps? Mine are always the most sore since it seems they are including with everything.
brem- tomorrow will be my first official week! I really need a new scale because I put a 25 pound weight on it and it read 23.4 each time i put it on it.
brandon43512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 02:59 PM   #47  

WTG Brandon! I agree that the hard sweat is tough. I have to somewhat modify the run lunges, b/c I have shin splints and landing on both feet the way they do causes terrible pain. Oddly, some of the other moves where you land on both feet (like the hopping, and even the jacks) don't bother me much. Anyway, I am hoping that as I lose some of the excess weight the shin splints will improve. The yoga is doable for me at this point, but not pretty, and my legs shake almost continually throughout. Truth be told, I kind of hate the yoga but I think is mostly related to not being very good at it.

Good idea on checking your scale with a weight. My scale is driving me nuts. Totally inconsistent. I can weigh myself 4 times in a row and end up with 4 different weight. Not much difference (1-2 lbs.) but enough to be aggravating.

Congrats (a day early) on week one!! Brem--you are probably asleep (I think that you worked all night last night?), but let us know how ww went when you wake up!
Cormac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:36 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 253.8/Ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hello all.... I got off work today, went to church, then the WW meeting was immediately after church which I loved that they changed the time. We were going home then sleeping and coming back at 5pm. I lost 2.8 lbs. Woo hoo!!!

Cormac ~ loved the article and I passed it on to those at the meeting. There are a few women that have vowed to never workout again because they have gain weeks when they work out.

Brandon ~ at work last night we were discussing how difficult it is to run or do aerobics if you have a lot of extra movement on the front side. I feel like my skin is going to rip off when I do those lunge things and I hate them. I do a modified version that looks sorta like a dog marking his territory. I don't know how effective that is but my heart rate stays up. I love when he says "soft landing".... because no matter what I try I haven't conquered that soft landing and probably won't for another 30lbs. LOL

I have enjoyed my off day but i kept having this nagging feeling that I need to work out. The girls are on spring break so I will be yelling at kids while working out this week (not that I constantly yell but they have decided to wait until I am working out to do things that are against the rules and something about me working out makes them want to fight amongst each other.)
bremro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:59 PM   #49  

WOOT! Congratulations on 2.8 lbs! Wow -- that is FANTASTIC! I am so pleased for you -- I know this is supposed to be about "fitness" not pounds, but you worked so hard this week, it would have been a drag if the number was discouraging. And I have my own selfish reasons for not wanting you to be discouraged -- I count on this board for my daily dose of encouragement! Glad to see that you also picked up another "dancing smiley guy."

It is late for me -- have to hit the rack. 5:00 AM comes early. Congrats again on a well-deserved accomplishment! 'Night all.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:23 AM   #50  

Aw thanks Cormac.... I look forward to checking this post to see how you all are doing too!

I had in my mind that I was going to stay the same of gain some so I did a little happy dance around the scales when she told me I had lost. I don't know if any of you are familiar with Weight Watchers but when you hit 10% weight loss you are rewarded with a bronze/coppery looking key chain that is in the shape of the number 10 and then the next big things you get washers to go on this key chain... I have about 9 more lbs before that is MINE. It looks like it was found at the bottom of a cracker jack box but I am all about little rewards... I know I am a kindergartener when it comes to stickers. I get excited when the leader starts handing them out and everyone claps. We get them for little things like if you tracked your food all week, if you exercised.... Now normally I get one because my job requires me to walk a lot and lift patients, my leader gives me the exercise one but this week I REALLY deserved it. So when she asked who exercised my hand sprung up so fast that I was afraid I might have torn something... I even let out a "Oooh Oooh, Me Me" I think my group is questioning my mental and social development level..... I now have on my little book little "bravo", "you did it", "good Job" and smiley face stickers for little things I have done. My favorite is the stars that have 5s in the middle because you get them for every 5 lbs... I got my 5% sticker and it is a special big star. A man in our group got the key chain yesterday and he said that he earned his 10% months ago but didn't bother to mention it until now. What? You didn't mention that you had EARNED the key chain??? I get upset if my sticker for working out doesn't have an appropriate kudo written on it. Like on valentines, my exercise sticker was a heart that had "be mine" on it. I don't want to "be" anyones I wanted a "you rocked it out this week chicky" sticker.....

Sorry I got off topic for a moment... Today is the first day after my off day and I feel like it is day one again.... trying to talk myself into getting up and pushing play...

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:47 PM   #51  

Just got done with my Sculpt 1-2, funny thing happened. I was doing the exercise with the resistance band where you have one foot on the band and with your other hand your pulling straight up, well I lifted my foot up for a second and the resistance band shot up into the fan, went around a couple of times and shot right over the tv. Thank god it didn't bust it, I just bought that tv a month ago! None the less, good workout today. I think today was my official week! I hope everyone else day/workout went well. Hope to hear from you soon!
Old 04-12-2010, 09:35 PM   #52  

omg brandon.... thank goodness you are okay... and your tv..... I STILL have to do my workout. I decided to redo the flooring in my living room, hallway, and dining room. So I just got home and ate supper. Going to give it about a half an hour then I am going to work it out.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:03 PM   #53  

I hope it goes fast for you! Least with all of your activity, your going to be shedding those pounds!
Old 04-13-2010, 06:34 AM   #54  

HA HA HA HA HA. Thanks guys -- I totally needed those posts today. Brem, I am SO about the stickers. My husband remarks *all the time* that "it is like living with a toddler." I have not one, but TWO daily workout calendars (one at home, one at work), and I've been known to get a third one going in my day-timer. Check marks, stars, stickers, whatever. Bring it on. Did you get a new 5 lb. sticker on Sunday? Seems like you should have (b/c you passed 15?). In any event congrats. Can't wait for you to post a pic of the key chain.

Brandon--ONLY because I now know that both you and the TV are intact--the projectile resistance band image had me laughing out loud (truly LOL, not just an internet LOL)! I'm still smiling -- seems like an old "I Love Lucy" shtick. Glad to hear that both you and the tv survived. But, for goodness sakes be careful!! Even as I am laughing at the ceiling fan thought, I am also thinking with horror "holy smokes! you could probably put an eye out with one of those things." Anyway-- *****CONGRATS ON YOUR OFFICIAL WEEK ONE****** (Stars are for Brem and my benefit -- we like them even when somebody else is getting them)

We didn't switch routine order this week (decided the longer (sweat) workouts should remain on T/Th/S, so as not to interfere as much with me getting to work on time (I have no set time to be there, but my 9:30 roll in's were beginning to be noticed)). So -- we Sculpted yesterday. And . . . (drumroll please) . . . bumped it up to 3-4. I haven't done that DVD since 2007. It was hard, it wasn't pretty, and today I am doing stairs sideways (and using my arms to take the weight off of my legs). But we did it. Much more afraid of Sweat 3-4, which we'll be doing in about 15 minutes.

Don't wanna. Gotta. Day 22/90 done, off to do 23/90 (<<<< saying that is yet another version of stars/stickers).

Have a great day all!
Old 04-13-2010, 07:11 AM   #55  

Cormac ~ My kids came in to see if I was okay cause they heard me laughing.. I have had to take the stairs sideways before and completely understand... So 3-4 is more legs than arms? With 1-2 my arms are what kill me. I have to use my whole body to open the fridge.

I am getting myself psyched up to do my cardio this morning before I start moving the furniture out to rip up the carpets.

Hope everyone has a great day...
Old 04-13-2010, 07:07 PM   #56  

Hey--

Actually, 3-4 is not terribly different from 1-2, but it includes an extra set of exercizes at the end, the number lunge/squats are increased (hence my oh-so-tender thighs), and the pushups get a little crazier.

For the "regular" pushups, he substitutes "decline" pushups. These are regular pushups done with your feet up on a chair. Ugh. I do a couple then I go to regulars. The "wide" pushups are the same as in 1-2, he just pushes you to do more. Finally, 7-7-7 is basically the same as 1-2, except the third "7" is not 7 reps, it's "maximum reps." So it's "7-7-maximum reps." Of course the ironic part is that my "maximum reps" are usually less than 7. I do whatever I can on my toes (a couple) then drop to my knees to do some more. I still can't do any of the close ones on my toes. I don't worry about it as long as I feel like I worked as hard as I could.

The last set I actually like. You do an exercise called "upright row" (basically hang the weights in front of your belly then raise them up to your chin), some forearm curls while sitting in a chair (bonus! sitting!), some calf raises (stand on one foot, raise to tippy toe, release and repeat), and then maximum pushups and maximum squats.

So -- really not too terribly different. And pretty easy to do "at your own pace" since you are still picking your weights/reps.

Today was Sweat 3-4. It was as hard as I remember, but I was happy that it wasn't a lot "harder" than I remember. Virtually identical to 1-2, but the moves are faster and you do 3 sets of some stuff (instead of 2). Not sure I was really ready to move up, but it wasn't so completely impossible that I got frustrated. I think we'll stick with trying 3-4, but continue to use 1-2 on days when time is short or energy isn't there.

OK all, hope your workouts went well. Brem -- I can't believe you are working out then pulling carpet??? There you go doing "extra" again.

Have a great night all!
Old 04-13-2010, 07:41 PM   #57  

Sorry, had to come back for a minute.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA -- how did I miss this the first time????

Quote:
With 1-2 my arms are what kill me. I have to use my whole body to open the fridge.
If there was a "quote of the week award" I think that this might be the taker. Mind you, I would struggle with the competition offered by:

Quote:
well I lifted my foot up for a second and the resistance band shot up into the fan, went around a couple of times and shot right over the tv.

HA HA HA.

Thanks guys -- this is such a great place to pop in. Now off to watch . . . (wait for it) . . . the Dancing with the Stars Results Show. (Nope, I don't have any pride (and perhaps no soul whatsoever)).
Old 04-14-2010, 07:15 PM   #58  

Hey y'all,

Just a drive-by shout out. We tackled sculpt again today. My intensity was about 6/10 -- I think I lifted a little too heavy on a few things early, which meant I was not getting full reps on much of anything at the end. Ah well, we live - we learn. Not worried -- time and Tony will fix it if I keep showing up, right?

Day 24/90 done. The last time I stayed with a program for 24 days was in June 2008. I'm telling you, this thread is a terrific motivator.

Hope that you both (and Brem's 638 lurkers (638? Really? Join in y'all!)) had a great day! Talk at you tomorrow.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:00 PM   #59  

Ok I worked on the flooring till 1100pm last night up at 530 am and finished at 6pm.... Now I am taking the kids to the movies ( I promised) then when I get home I am going to workout on my new floor. Tomorrow I will post more.... Hope everyone is doing great!!!
Old 04-15-2010, 04:11 PM   #60  

I'm taking today off as my day off for the week because I am not feeling very good from a little drinking party last night. The night went pretty fast. Drank alot of crystal light with vodka, called a bunch of people a bunch of times because I didn't remember calling them each time, fell asleep in the bathtub, and puked about 10 times. Now I remember why I don't drink! But I did go to the park today with my sister and her kids and played with them and went for a walk so I didn't really waste the day today. Hope everyone else is doing good!