Old 04-01-2010, 05:48 PM   #1  

Height: 5'5"

Default Slim in 6 ... anyone opinions?

Has anyone tried the Slim in 6 Beachbody series? i've done Brazil Butt Lift, and it's pretty good...i don't like the cardio DVD too much though and thought about getting another series just to mix it up. i have seen on the infomercials that Slim in 6 has a 6 day diet where you can lose up to 10 lbs in 6 days...has anyone given it a shot?
shoeluver67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/207.2/126

Height: 5'4.5

I have it. The workouts are pretty good, and I did lose inches. My problem is that the workouts get boring and so I've never finished the full 6 weeks. But I did discover the cardio blast workout in the series, and I LOVE it. I've been doing it the last week and have lost 1.5 inches off my waist. I'm not using the other workouts, but I love the cardio blast enough that I plan to continue to use it along with Chalean Extreme.

Last edited by squishysquirrel; 04-01-2010 at 06:04 PM.
squishysquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:51 PM   #3  

Hi Squirrel,

I've done Slim in Six three different times (over the past three years), and have had very good results each time. I typically lose around 7-9 lbs. in the full six weeks. I am 5'7", currently around 153, but when I last did Slim in Six I was down to 143-144. Goal was 137, so I was getting pretty darn close. (Then I did nothing between Christmas and March, so here I am back again . . . *sigh*).

I have done a ton of beachbody workouts (Power 90; Power 90 Masters; Turbo Jam, Slim in Six). Each is good, though in very different ways. IMHO Slim in Six is the hands down winner if weight loss is the goal. You won't build your strength as much as you would with, e.g., Chalean Extreme, but the calorie burn is huge. Also, the lower body workout is fantastic. Slim in Six is the only BB program that I have done that quickly produced visible, significant toning of the hips/thighs/butt. If you read the BB site, promotional info, etc., you'll see that SiS is the program most directly focused on weight loss.

That said, it is a tough program, and the last 3 weeks involve about an hour a day, six days a week. There will be days when you want to throw a dumbell through the TV. If you are new to exercise or prefer something more "dancey" (I don't, but I know some do), I'd consider Turbo Jam. On the other hand, the good news is that BB just released a "new and improved" Slim in Six, which looks pretty cool. Debbie has cleaned up some of the irritating aspects of the original (hella awful music, miscounting, overwork of one side of the body), and introduced some new moves. I am currently doing a round of P90 to get back in the swing, but my plan after that is to do a round of the "new" Slim in Six to lose the last 7-10 lbs. (I feel justified buying it, since my SiS is so old that it is actually on videotape!), and then on to P90x for sculpting purposes.

I have never done the six day "express" diet, though I know many who have. I think that most people lose 5 or 6 lbs., but I am always skeptical of anything called "express" when it comes to weight loss. I am 43, have thyroid issues, and am a *notoriously* slow loser. Maybe at 25 I could have lost 10 lbs. in a week, but those days are behind me.

Good luck with your choice. I'd recommend browsing the BB message boards for a few hours before deciding. You can generally find folks who match up with your height/weight/familiarity with exercise, and get a better idea of what you can expect. (Don't get me wrong -- stay on this site too!). It is also a really friendly community. Can be a little aggressively friendly, since many of the posters are "coaches" (e.g. independent sales reps) but it has been my experience that the advice and support offered is very genuine.

Again, good luck!
zzztem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 156/114/108

For the most part, I love Slim in 6. Ramp it Up is my go-to-workout.

I did one full rotation without following its meal plan and lost about 15 pounds. It's a great full body workout but it does have it's cons.

It can get extremely boring after the first few times and 6 days a week for one hour a day can be asking for too much. But if you have the time and dedication then it's fantastic. I achieved excellent results and would love to do a full rotation again.
LataJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:59 AM   #5  

okay, so i started the Slim in 6 program...i REALLY like it. i like Debbie as a teacher, the moves are not complicated at all, and it's very easy to follow. Brazil Butt lift is GREAT, but i had a hard time keeping up (i'm just not at that fitness level yet...gonna do a round of this, then build up to the Brazil series) and some of the moves are too complex for me (especially the Cardio Axe). the other thing i like about the Slim series is the people that are doing the exercises with her are REAL. they are normal folk (not models) who have used her program and are an example of the results you can acheive. she even shows you their before pictures. so far i'm diggin' it!
shoeluver67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:27 PM   #6  

Shoe,

So glad you decided to try it. All of the pros/cons that Lata mentioned are accurate, but I've never come across anything like this workout for serious results in 6 weeks. I agree that that although the workouts are ultimately quite "difficult" to complete, they are never "complicated" in the least bit. I was actually able to convince my DH to do the program with me, once he saw that there were no crazy moves involved.

Good luck and keep us up to date on how it is going!
Cormac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:05 PM   #7  
Weight is Just a Number!

S/C/G: 217/174/141

Slim in 6 is a GREAT workout -- if you can get past the boredom factor. That's really what did it for me. If I could do Burn it Up everyday, I would because it's an awesome workout, but to be honest it bores me to tears.
kristyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 07:28 PM   #8  

I started Slim in 6 today (again, although I've never completed a full 6 weeks!) I'm not actually going to finish the 6 weeks this time, either, but I'll get pretty close. I'm using this to get myself ready for Insanity beginning June 1.
1bighog is offline   Reply With Quote