Old 02-19-2010, 04:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 231/227/200

Question ChaLEAN VS P90X

I have watched the comercials on both of these products but can't make up my mind of which one to buy.

I am 5'10" and 220 i want to slim down and tone upo not bulk up?
Any Suggestions?
kishajane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:10 AM   #2  
Cat

S/C/G: 198/T/135

Height: 5'9"

I have done both programs so I'll give you my 2 cents, but it is only from my experience. The first thing to consider is what are you going to stick with - for me I'm more likely to do my CLX videos.

I didn't find that I bulked up with either. With both programs you are lifting heavy weights and doing less reps (10-15), while also incorporating cardio workouts at least twice a week. If you stick to this and eat well you are going to lose inches and build lean muscle.
catgeraghty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:58 AM   #3  
Training for life!

S/C/G: 174/150/131

Height: 5'5"

I agree with Cat and with Clx you get more lower body and have more time to add in extra CARDIO which will help if you are trying to take off pounds. Also the small 6 meal a day plans REALLY do speed up your metabolism.
devadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 11:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/158/130

Height: 5'3"

I've never done ChaLEAN but I'm in the process of doing P90X and I enjoy it. I've lost a few lbs so far. It's time consuming because each work out is about an hour but it's worth it if you have the time. Good luck with which ever one you choose !
PlatinumGi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:35 PM   #5  
Training for life!

I guess I should have quailified mine I have done 3 rounds of Doubles of P90x and am currantly doing CLX and Insanity DOUBLES . P90x is an excellent program which I loved and had a hard time falling in love with CHALEAN because I thought at first I was losing mass BUT actually I gained alot MORE lower body defention due to the fact she does so much more compound lower body HEAVY weight work and I also have more time for DOUBLES which during p90x I used CARDIO KICKBOXING also with CHALEAN until 2 weeks ago when I satarted INSANITY with it {CARDIO ON STREIODS}
Old 02-26-2010, 01:44 PM   #6  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

I was also wondering about the differences between CLX and P90X. I am currently on my last month of CLX and I want to move on to p90X when I am done.

I really love working out with Chalene because of her motivational way of instructing. She really knows how to pump me up. My only gripe is that it's only 3 weight training circuits a week that focus on a few muscle groups each. I've read that you are supposed to train EACH muscle group 3 times a week (biceps triceps etc all three times a week.) And following CLX the way the program says you are only training each muscle group once a week. The exception is shoulders, she does a lot of shoulder exercises so I don't feel that they are suffering. I am wondering if p90x is more organized? Does it work each muscle group 3/a week?
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:49 PM   #7  
Training for life!

I have not thought about that BUT you only work your legs once and in my opinon not much you do work them out in YOGA and Kempo and in plyo but in CHALEan you are doing her burn and intervals so its kinda a push you do work your abs mor inp90x and my arms wer maybe bigger in p90x days but I love having EXTRA time for CARDIO because IT AT least is 1 hr to 1 hr 15 min and on the yoga day it is 1 1/2 hrs I do doubles meaning I ADD 1 hour MORE of CARDIO to that a day so depeds what works I have a full time WAITRESSING job!
Old 02-28-2010, 07:46 AM   #8  

What are doubles? You mean you do both workouts each day?????

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by devadiva View Post
I guess I should have quailified mine I have done 3 rounds of Doubles of P90x and am currantly doing CLX and Insanity DOUBLES . P90x is an excellent program which I loved and had a hard time falling in love with CHALEAN because I thought at first I was losing mass BUT actually I gained alot MORE lower body defention due to the fact she does so much more compound lower body HEAVY weight work and I also have more time for DOUBLES which during p90x I used CARDIO KICKBOXING also with CHALEAN until 2 weeks ago when I satarted INSANITY with it {CARDIO ON STREIODS}
Dawn415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 01:14 PM   #9  
Training for life!

Yes when doing p90x they had a section that tey called Doubles and you coulc add a Cardio X dvd which I did for my First round of p90x along with other exercises. And then on my next Round of P90x I wanted to kick it up a knotch because I don't feel the crdio x was hard enough CARDIO so swithed to CARDIO KICKBOXING which I fell in love with continued that through next round of p90x and now trying Chalean with INSANITY. Yeas I do both everyday, USUALLY now with this program take One day off before I had No days Off.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:36 PM   #10  

Wow! i would love to get to that level. I am nowhere even close!

I do have Chalean and TJ though and am trying to use what I have for 90 days before buying anything new.....esp. since I can't even do what I have well yet!

Those Insanity infomercials are tempting though! DH watches them and says, "You need something like that!"

Dawn

Quote:
Yes when doing p90x they had a section that tey called Doubles and you coulc add a Cardio X dvd which I did for my First round of p90x along with other exercises. And then on my next Round of P90x I wanted to kick it up a knotch because I don't feel the crdio x was hard enough CARDIO so swithed to CARDIO KICKBOXING which I fell in love with continued that through next round of p90x and now trying Chalean with INSANITY. Yeas I do both everyday, USUALLY now with this program take One day off before I had No days Off.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:38 AM   #11  
Training for life!

Thanks I shock my self that I have tis much energy.I use to wegh almost 50lbs more and lay around all day. But exercise changed my life I fell in love with it!! I was the person that cut P E .ect ect. You could do quite well with CHALEAN and TURBO JAM. Perhaps start with your main chalean take a break than do say the 20 min workout from turbo jam. As you got stronger do the longer one. ANY EXTRA weight you might have would come off! I have found the 5 small meals has really retrained my metabolism over the past few years. Did I mention I am 57 almost 58.

Last edited by devadiva; 03-01-2010 at 10:39 AM.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:52 PM   #12  

That is awesome!

Dawn

Quote:
Thanks I shock my self that I have tis much energy.I use to wegh almost 50lbs more and lay around all day. But exercise changed my life I fell in love with it!! I was the person that cut P E .ect ect. You could do quite well with CHALEAN and TURBO JAM. Perhaps start with your main chalean take a break than do say the 20 min workout from turbo jam. As you got stronger do the longer one. ANY EXTRA weight you might have would come off! I have found the 5 small meals has really retrained my metabolism over the past few years. Did I mention I am 57 almost 58.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:54 PM   #13  

Ok, another Chalean vs. P90X question here:

My friends doing P90X not only have amazing results, they are always telling me how sore they are and how hard it is to do, etc.....

I am not finding Chalean all that hard. I have increased my weights and do the entire thing, and I have had minimal soreness.....not nearly the amount my counterparts with P90X seem to be having.

I really wish I could borrow a copy for a week and just SEE what the difference is.....it is hard when I just have to go by what others have said, but that is all I have to rely on.

Thoughts?????,

Dawn
Old 03-01-2010, 10:54 PM   #14  
Training for life!

I was sore off and on but not so much,see if they will run you a copy? or at least borrow the rotation they are not using IE chest and back ,shoulder and triceps the legs and back they always use as well as yoga and the plyo...the ab ripper is defenitly tuff it never gets any eaiser! I think with working out you just have to keep switching things as your body gets use to things I thing THE rotation on LEAN for life { I think thats what its called } after LEAN swithches things up all the time so maybe that helps to keep you sore as well as increseing weights I lift alot heavier with CHALEN than I did with p90x?????