Old 09-19-2010, 04:09 PM   #16  

Hi ladies,

Mind if I join? I bought slim in 6 over the summer and have not really had the motivation to start it. Well, last week I started walking everyday for about and hour with my sister and I want to start the videos tomorrow. I dont have a scale yet so will be keeping track of my progress by measuring myself and will post measurements tomorrow morning! Cant wait to start and will enjoy having others to keep me on track and motivated.

I am tired of the excuses I am giving myself and want to be able to feel confidant again!! If you guys have any tips or tricks to staying on the wagon please share! Very excited to make this life change!

Abby
Abbyew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 05:27 PM   #17  

Well I just finished the first day of working out! This morning I went to the gym and did the elliptical in time intervals then did my start it up video. Well day one down and I feel good! So if anyone is just starting up I would be more than happy to have a buddy to keep me motivated

Abby
Old 09-20-2010, 06:18 PM   #18  
Kicking the soda habit

S/C/G: 214/204/165

Height: 6'0"

Abby-

I would love a Slim in 6 buddy! I have been on-again off-again with the program, but I seriously need to get back into the groove. That workout kicks my butt. I only have 2 of the disks though- Shape it Up & Tone It Up, but I have been contemplating buying the rest of the set.
GreenTeaYum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 06:29 PM   #19  

Hi GreenTeaYum!

I only have the three for the slim in 6 I dont have all of the slim series videos. Well if this works after the 6 weeks I may invest in more Cant wait til I start seeing results! It is time for a change!
Old 09-20-2010, 06:58 PM   #20  
Kicking the soda habit

S/C/G: 214/204/165

Height: 6'0"

I like the series, a lot. They are definitely my favorite videos in my collection. Most instructors annoy me, but Debbie doesn't seem too over the top and she keeps me motivated.

I am going to do a workout tonight- I have to get back on track.
GreenTeaYum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:37 PM   #21  
on the way to Onederland

S/C/G: 260/248/220(mini goal)/140

Height: 5'4

this is my 3rd day into ramp it up.. video.. and oh boy those reverse lunges r killin me.. i have to keep pausing nyways.. feeling grht postworkout.. absolutely love the floor work! lost a couple of inches in my thighs :>
gypsychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:01 AM   #22  

Thats so great Gypsychic!

I am not doing my video today because there is a new class at my gym called butts, guts, and guns and it has the lunges, squates, abs, arms and most of the same things Debbie does! So on Tuesdays and Thursdays I am subbing the video for that class! Man oh man is that tough (I hate that I have to look at myself in a mirror the entire class, but it keeps me motivated and makes me want to reach my goal weight!). So, I did class this morning and later this afternoon I am going on an hour walk.

Diet wise I am not doing anything crazy just making sure I eat 5 small meals a day. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and two snacks. Lots of fruits and veggies, good carbs, and lean meats (Oh and lots and lost of water ). The diet has been the hardest because my bf can eat whatever he wants and doesnt gain a pound, I on the other hand am not so fortunate. I was so proud last night though, I made him a warm brownie with vanilla ice cream on top and I didnt even have a bite! I've lost the weight before and I know I have the will power I just have to do it!
Old 09-21-2010, 11:02 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 177/171.2/154

Height: 5' 5.5"

Hi gals,
I'll join too! I'm on week 5 day 2 of working out since I had my 3rd baby in 3 years. I FINALLY got the workout "rush" yesterday, where my stamina finally improves. Used to get it on the 3rd or 4th day, but it took 4 weeks this time, ugh.

Anyway, I have TONS of workout videos and have been alternating some Kathy Smith with Slim in 6 and one or 2 others. I did "ramp it up" for the first time (again) today, and ooooooh, I forgot about those leg lifts, aaaaa! I'm gonna be sore tomorrow!

I've noticed when I did SI6 before that I got really bored with the workout after doing it every day (I've never actually made it all the way to "burn it up"), so I'm going to alternate and throw in some other workouts if I get bored or have less time-- it's often hard to find enough time with 3 tiny kids! So that's a great idea to alternate the workouts with the gym and walking, etc.

Last edited by mom2mollie; 09-21-2010 at 11:04 AM.
mom2mollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:06 AM   #24  

And I need to start measuring inches too, because the scale is NOT budging. I'm still breasfeeding, so gotta cut myself some slack. But I DID notice an "ab muscle" today.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:10 AM   #25  

welcome We are glad to have you!!

Yeah last time I really started losing weight I basically stuck to one routine and hit that point where I stopped losing weight (and I know its because my body got used to what i was doing). So this time I am just going to change it up that way it kicks my metabolism into high gear!

Well good luck ladies and lets kick some butt
Old 09-22-2010, 10:50 AM   #26  
on the way to Onederland

heylo.. ladies... just to update u all... i've decided.. m going to toughen up and go to burn it up video... its just an extended version of the 2nd ramp it up video.. she does more sets of the same thing lol...

burn it up.. is more exciting.. i was really bored of the first 2 dis one, it keeps u working and gasping for breath ( no time to get bored) .. haha.. i feel like a soldier after the squat n kick sessions
Old 09-22-2010, 10:52 AM   #27  
on the way to Onederland

and oh.. m using my dumbells for triceps nd biceps exercises.. dat she shows.. just to increase the weights.! :>
Old 09-22-2010, 10:59 AM   #28  

Thanks gyspychick! Maybe I'll get to the burn it up

I slept in this morning. Hopefully I can just do the slim and limber this afternoon-- still sore from ramp it up yesterday and didn't sleep well last night. I'm not going to give up and I'm not going to beat myself up for missing a day either!

Keep up the hard work!
Old 09-22-2010, 12:32 PM   #29  

Hey Ladies!!

I did a morning elliptical workout at the gym and this afternoon I am doing my start it up video... I think next week I am going to go to the ramp it up (so starting on Monday). Wow I am sooo sore! I dont have a scale and I am scared to weigh myself but I did take measurements so thats one way I will be measuring my weight loss. Next I will be measuring through how things fit.

Over Christmas I bought myself the most amazing pair of boots and when I got them I couldnt even fit them over my calves. So, instead of returning them one of my goals is to be able to get them on!! I want to be able to wear them this winter.

After three days I feel great though, much more energy! Stay positive
Old 09-22-2010, 11:35 PM   #30  
on the way to Onederland

dont u love it.. wen u get all sore the next day after all those squats and lunges