3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Fitness Videos (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos-178/)
-   -   Turbo Jam questions. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos/189216-turbo-jam-questions.html)

harlow grey 12-31-2009 07:34 PM

Turbo Jam questions.

Hello everybody.

I am new to the world of Turbo Jam and wanted to make it a main staple for my exercise journey. However, I have several questions I hope someone can answer for me. For those of you who are doing TJ how often do you do it? How long was it before you started noticing changes as well? Lastly, I am wondering what kinds of results you have all seen either in pounds, inches, or both.

Thanks.

Harlow.

VernDern 12-31-2009 08:30 PM

Howdy!

I do Turbo Sculpt from TJ. I love it. I mix it up alot though between working out at the gym, other dvd's, and now my kettlebell workouts so I cant give you any input of results solely from TJ but Im sure as long as you follow a healthy diet and workout regurlarly you'll begin to see results pretty quickly.

You have made great progress so far!!! 21 lbs is great! Ive lost lots of inches and 30+ lbs and I know if I can do it ANYONE can! lol Good luck with the rest of your weightloss! =)

tiffany0809 12-31-2009 10:19 PM

I started my weight loss journey doing Turbo Jam. I lost somewhere between 15-20 pounds. I did it almost every day. Over the last 6 months I've incorporated other workouts, including ChaLean Extreme which is also by Chalene Johnson. But I lost the majority of my weight doing Turbo Jam and I still do it to this day. I LOVE IT!! :)

harlow grey 01-01-2010 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VernDern (Post 3067045)
Howdy!

I do Turbo Sculpt from TJ. I love it. I mix it up alot though between working out at the gym, other dvd's, and now my kettlebell workouts so I cant give you any input of results solely from TJ but Im sure as long as you follow a healthy diet and workout regurlarly you'll begin to see results pretty quickly.

You have made great progress so far!!! 21 lbs is great! Ive lost lots of inches and 30+ lbs and I know if I can do it ANYONE can! lol Good luck with the rest of your weightloss! =)

Hi VernDern.

I am actually doing 40% Turbo Jams, 40% Zumba, and 10% Hip Hop Abs. I figured this mix up would keep my body guessing. I was going to try this for a month and see what happens.

I appreciate the words of encouragement. I've hit a plateau again and am all out of sorts. I noticed you've made a lot of progress as well and you're doing awesome.

Thanks for the input and I wish you continued success.

harlow grey 01-01-2010 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiffany0809 (Post 3067133)
I started my weight loss journey doing Turbo Jam. I lost somewhere between 15-20 pounds. I did it almost every day. Over the last 6 months I've incorporated other workouts, including ChaLean Extreme which is also by Chalene Johnson. But I lost the majority of my weight doing Turbo Jam and I still do it to this day. I LOVE IT!! :)

Hi Tiffany0809.

I love Turbo Jams too. I find myself singing some of the songs through out the day. That's something I though I would never do.

15-20 pounds is a mighty good weight loss. I was thinking of getting ChaLean Extreme. Is the circuit training giving you faster and leaner results? Also is there any additional equipment that is needed for that program? How often and how long do you have to devote to the program--5-6 times a week, between 40-60 min a day?

Thank you as well and keep on jammin'! :carrot:

missjkd 01-02-2010 06:10 PM

Turbo Jam Success

Hi Harlow,

I purchased Turbo Jam 3 years ago when I was 210 pounds. I did it six days a week and changed my eating habits and lost 40 pounds in two months. I eventually began running and weight training using Turbo Jam occasionally and lost another 30 pounds getting down to 140. I kept the weight off for almost two and half years, this Fall I began gaining weight. I have been eating like crazy and not exercising and I have blew up to 171 (as of today). I plan on ordering Chalean Extreme this week because of the Turbo Jam success. Stick with Turbo and you will see the results. Good Luck:)

harlow grey 01-07-2010 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missjkd (Post 3070056)
Hi Harlow,

I purchased Turbo Jam 3 years ago when I was 210 pounds. I did it six days a week and changed my eating habits and lost 40 pounds in two months. I eventually began running and weight training using Turbo Jam occasionally and lost another 30 pounds getting down to 140. I kept the weight off for almost two and half years, this Fall I began gaining weight. I have been eating like crazy and not exercising and I have blew up to 171 (as of today). I plan on ordering Chalean Extreme this week because of the Turbo Jam success. Stick with Turbo and you will see the results. Good Luck:)

Hi misjkd.

Thanks for responding. It's encouraging to read about everyone's weight loss. I guess I will keep on with it and see what happens.

MJKiddo 01-11-2010 03:57 AM

I'm going to my third week using TJ. I do it 6 times a week, doing a minimum of 40 minutes per day. I'm counting calories and watching more closely what I eat. I can't wait for the end of next week, when I'll take my '30 day' picture. I feel thinner, although I don't SEE myself thinner. But I know that will happen.

I got so inspired reading about other people success on doing the TJ that I decided to do it too. I'm 171 pounds and I wanna drop 40 pounds by the end of the year. I think I'm gonna do it by July, but it's the final results that matters.... if it comes a little early, that will be great too! :)

My plan is to go 90 days with the Turbo Jam routines and then go into the ChaLEAN Extreme program. Let's see how that goes ;)

Ladybug18 01-11-2010 10:30 AM

hello, I have the TJ workout dvds for a while. at my first attempt to lose weight, i starteted with TJ, i did it for 3 weeks and lost 16 pounds. I really like TJ and i think ita a great workout!!

MJKiddo 01-12-2010 03:48 AM

I did the Cardio Party 3 today for the first time. Is the longest of the workouts (50 min) and I loved it. I felt kind of clumsy doing it... I still have to catch up with a few moves. I did it mostly with high impact and did some as low impact. I completely love TJ and it's my soul mate workout.

tiffany0809 01-12-2010 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harlow grey (Post 3068110)
Hi Tiffany0809.

I love Turbo Jams too. I find myself singing some of the songs through out the day. That's something I though I would never do.

15-20 pounds is a mighty good weight loss. I was thinking of getting ChaLean Extreme. Is the circuit training giving you faster and leaner results? Also is there any additional equipment that is needed for that program? How often and how long do you have to devote to the program--5-6 times a week, between 40-60 min a day?

Thank you as well and keep on jammin'! :carrot:

I definitely got leaner doing ChaLean Extreme I'm on my second round now and I'm lifting much heavier. You need several sets of weights (how heavy depends on how strong you are) or the resistance bands, and the thigh toner that comes with the program (it's optional but I can really feel it in my hips when I use it). Most of the workouts are 35-40 minutes, with one of them being 47. The schedule that comes with it is based on 5 days a week but I always tend to do more than that, or at least add an additional cardio workout on my lifting days.