Old 01-11-2010, 12:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 169.5/164.5/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Insanity type video

I really, really want the Insanity videos but can't afford them right now. Does anybody have a recommendation for a type of video that is similar? What I'm looking for is a video (it doesn't have to be a series) that is based on simple moves that use your own body's resistance and can be done in a small living room.

My history: I love Jazzercise classes, but cannot attend right now. I have aerobic videos that I like and my latest favorites are Jenna Jenkins and Walk Away The Pounds, but I need something more intense. I'm tired of all the dancing around and switching weights.

Thanks for helping me out!
Laura
Wife and mother to three kids
freethefat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:10 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

You might just want to see what is available at your local library? Or if you have netflix they have exercise videos. I know others who have cable have mentioned workouts 'on demand' which they have used. That might get you an idea of what workouts are out there and whether you like them or not without spending extra money on them.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:57 PM   #3  

I get all my workout videos from Workouts On Demand -- they are a really cool website were you can download the exercise videos to your computer. They have great videos and really good prices

I hope that helps!
kenthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 251.5/249.5/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethefat View Post
I really, really want the Insanity videos but can't afford them right now. Does anybody have a recommendation for a type of video that is similar? What I'm looking for is a video (it doesn't have to be a series) that is based on simple moves that use your own body's resistance and can be done in a small living room.

My history: I love Jazzercise classes, but cannot attend right now. I have aerobic videos that I like and my latest favorites are Jenna Jenkins and Walk Away The Pounds, but I need something more intense. I'm tired of all the dancing around and switching weights.

Thanks for helping me out!
Laura
Wife and mother to three kids
I was in Walmart yesterday evening, and I saw they have a section of workout videos and I was wondering if you've checked there. The ones I saw were around $9 a dvd so it's nice to not lose too much weight in the wallet.
Teddyfinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:56 PM   #5  
Training for life!

S/C/G: 174/150/131

Height: 5'5"

I have gotten a lot of great ones trough netflicks for 8.99 a month you get one at a time and they have a super quick turn around I send out before m mail goes out and get new one the next day afer that and if you have fast down load you can have a bunch of downloads in addition to having the one out at a time LOOK IT UP!
devadiva is offline   Reply With Quote