Old 10-15-2009, 07:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 224/224/195

Height: 5''

Default Staying On Beat

Anyone else have this problem? I've been doing a dance video for 10 minutes and I have a lot of fun with it depsite not keeping sync. But I would love to keep in step I've tried counting out the beats while in motion and it doesn't help. I would love to sign up for some classes but because my body doesn't want to do what it see's, it holds me back. Though it is a lot of fun trying, I'd just like to keep some rhythm.

Any ideas?
MarySnidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:04 PM   #2  
Future Former Fat Girl

The music in most of the videos we do is in 4/4 time so here is a thought - one time just listen to the music, don't do the moves, and see if you can count each beat just tapping your hand - 1, 2, 3, 4. If you can master the synch before you get "in motion" I bet it will work.

Another thought - maybe the moves are too quick? See if you can find a routine that is a bit of a slower beat and see if you can keep up.

As far as classes, if there is a Jazzercise in your area that might be helpful. It's pretty fun - usually they let you either have a newcomer's free class or just let you pay for one class before they ask you to "sign up"

Good luck!
mllek is offline   Reply With Quote