3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Fitness Videos (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos-178/)
-   -   P90X Classic or Lean? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos/182931-p90x-classic-lean.html)

Kritter 09-29-2009 11:27 AM

P90X Classic or Lean?

I am about to start the program and I'm really not sure which one I should do. Has anyone finished either one? What were your results and did you like it?

Also I'm wondering if I should get a pull up bar or use bands? I want to be able to do pull ups but I know I can't do them yet.

DreamWarrior 09-29-2009 12:20 PM

Have you tried the first DVD? Its pretty intense. I've decided to take a break from it, because its soo intense. I was going to do the lean program, and then, if I survived it, do the classic.

My friends play with the different DVD's, some only do the ABs, and others only do the pilo's.

If you've done the first DVD and know you can handle it, then I say try the lean, since you still have a weight loss goal. It contains more cardio segments that could help.

Hope I was able to help.

Kritter 09-29-2009 01:29 PM

That did help. Thanks! I watched the first video and I know its going to be hard but I just don't know what I should do. I read on a forum somewhere that people had better results just doing the classic versus the lean. But they didn't say if their goal was weight loss. I might try the lean for the first segment and then start with the classic.

nellonello 09-29-2009 04:46 PM

I have been doing the Lean first as I felt the Plyometrics DVD was beyond my fitness level. For me the Lean is hard but I have really liked the program. I do TurboJam as well on days where I don't feel like I get enough Cardio.

Kritter 10-05-2009 08:11 AM

Well I did some of the first week videos and let me say that for the most part I like the program! I did however find the Yoga x hard. I have been doing yoga for a while and this was very strenuous and long. I really did a number on my back and also I had a charlie horse in my leg for 3 days! Its not for someone who is inexperienced lets just say that! I wish they showed more modifications for people who are less experienced or have never done yoga. You can really tweak your body and have serious injuries doing a pose the wrong way! A woman I work with has been out of work on and off for 3 weeks due to a yoga injuries and she has been doing in for 15 years! Anyways... I like the program for the most part, but I think I will use my other yoga videos until I'm ready for the yoga x!

vinfit90 10-05-2009 12:28 PM

Hi everyone,

I would like to share my P90X experience with you. I have done one round of the classic and really enjoyed it (even though it's not easy). I lost a total of 25 pounds and 8% bodyfat in the 90 days. So whether you choose to do the lean or classic version if you stick to eating clean and getting in your workouts you WILL get great results. Like Tony says in the videos just do your best and forget the rest! (It's so true)

I have also used both the bands and chin up bar, in my opinion I liked the bar over the bands. I actually tweaked my shoulder using the bands because it can put some strains on your joints coming out of certain moves so just be careful if you use them. With the chin-up bar if you can't do one chin-up that's o.k. because you can use a chair and do them assisted which is what I did and it worked great.

Do your best and don't get discouraged beacause you will get better and stronger everyday with this program it really is that good.

I am now doing the insanity program, talk about cardio ****! Makes Plyometrics look easy.

Take care,
vinfit90

Kritter 10-05-2009 04:17 PM

vinfit90 ~ Thanks for sharing that info with me! I think I will get a pull up bar. I really want to be able to do at least one without assistance by the end! I have always wanted to be able to do them. It sounds like you have had great results with the program! Congrats on your success! I have always enjoyed exercise but my eating hasn't alway been so great. I am on track now that I have started the program so I'm hoping for some fat loss.

So what is this insanity program?!

vinfit90 10-05-2009 09:13 PM

Kritter,
That's great your doing the program! Yeah the nutrition end of it can be a bit of a challenge at first with all the temptations we have in life. But once you get a few weeks into the program with eating clean you will notice that your body will actually not crave some of the foods that drove you nuts before.

Everyday won't be perfect but just hang in there and keep doing your workouts and eat the best you can. You won't be dissapointed, you will see results. The first 30 days you can feel the difference in your clothes, after that you can start to see the changes. Everyone's different but that's what I found.

Insanity is another Beachbody program, it's 60 days and all the workouts are cardio based. These workouts are TOUGH!! Hence the name but as hard as they are you do the best you can and you really feel better afterwards.

Good luck - keep me posted on your workouts.

Kritter 10-15-2009 02:03 PM

So I thought I would post my progress... so far the program is awesome! I really haven't followed the outline of which video to do on what day. I have been doing more cardio than the lifting but I have been lifting at least twice a week. I also do body pump which is another Amazing workout! I feel great and get an awesome workout from the cardio videos.

I have modified my eating. I have cut out a lot of unecessary carbs. No bread, chips, fruit. But plenty of veggies and protein. Not following a specific plan just eating what I think is best for me. I have lost 3.5 pounds this last week! I think I'm finally busting through my plateau! Now that I'm so close to my goal I really have to just keep my head down and push through! I'm hoping to lose the rest of my weight by November 20th. I have a wedding to go to So I'm hoping I will look more toned and in better shape!

Anyone that is considering this program should definetley do it! I will keep people posted. (if they care! :p)

patchworkpenguin 10-15-2009 03:24 PM

I did the Lean several years ago and wouldn't do it again. The classic rotation seem more well-rounded and thought out.

Chest and Back scared me off but after trying it once I discovered that if I did as many pushups as I could then taking a quick break, I could do more. Each time I could do more and more without a break.

HTH

btvsaddict 10-19-2009 11:39 PM

Does anyone know if these dvds can be rented? I would like to see it before I decide to buy it. I've purchased dvds in the past that I end up not liking and being stuck with them.

Thanks.

bethanygm 10-29-2009 08:45 PM

My husband and I did it for about 45 days of it... Then we fell off the program. It was working really well for him. I actually gained over ten lbs while doing it. It made me lose my will to continue.. I looked as fat as ever, except under all the fat I could feel and sometimes see stronger muscles all over my body. I plan to diet down to a low level of fat using walks, runs, and some power half hour dvds (or the strength training p90x dvds, even.) and then when I get low enough I will do the p90x again. I think it made me really hungry and I just ate a lot more than I should have or realized I was. Actually, I might work in the yoga again into my life. I really really liked it and it was pretty hard, too. We'd be sweating after only 10 minutes of it.

Idealmuse 10-29-2009 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btvsaddict (Post 2978347)
Does anyone know if these dvds can be rented? I would like to see it before I decide to buy it. I've purchased dvds in the past that I end up not liking and being stuck with them.

Thanks.

There are plenty of clips on You-tube last times I checked. I've never seen them for rent and there are quite a # of DVDs it would be expensive to check them all out rental wise.

I want to do P90x but I'm debating between that and Chalene Extreme. I'm afraid it will be way too much muscle soreness that will interfere with my tri-training.