Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 04:01 PM   #61  
Weight is Just a Number!

S/C/G: 217/174/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrgrl View Post
OK, did the Plyo Cardio Circuit today. This workout (Insanity) is quite aptly named. I probably only really did 50% of the moves and my HRM said I burned over 400 calories. The basketball drills? Not even close.

I had to take breaks during the warm up. During the WARM UP.
I'm on month two and I still take breaks during the warm up. The warm up is ridiculous.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:30 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 251.5/249.5/140

Height: 5'3"

I have to say I truly enjoyed my rest day lol. I noticed the plyo cardio circuit wasn't as bad the second time around and one improvement I already see is that I did 2 whole pushups on my toes! I could barely do them on my knees before.

Oh, and I absolutely take breaks during the warmup lol. I have flat feet and don't have workout shoes yet, so I'm doin' it barefoot for now.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:30 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 214/198/150

Height: 5'6"

well, today i did Cardio Power and Resistance. i didn't die quite as much as during the Plyo, but it was definitely difficult.

i really did not do those Ball Triceps right at all, I'm quite sure. i bought a mirror to put in my exercise room but i need my husband to attach it to the wall still. then i can see everything i'm doing wrong!
Old 01-19-2010, 12:07 PM   #64  
Weight is Just a Number!

I just did the first workout of my last 3 weeks of Insanity!
Old 01-19-2010, 07:01 PM   #65  

I had Cardio Recovery today...finally, some exercises I can do!

I rocked those knee to chest balance things, ha!
Old 01-19-2010, 09:27 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 217/207/155

Height: 5'4"

Default Week 3 starts tomorrow,

Hey girls I get to start week three tomorrow. Good to see you got your insanity started chrgrl. Has some of your nervousness gone away. I read about your floor modification and think that is a great idea, I do mine in the basement and slide around alot. Kristyjoy, awesome that your on the bottom 3. I read about your motivational problems last week good job fightin through. I hope I can join up with your guys chat as my husband started me out on this insanity and he is my motivation but he is about to go away for a month and I don't wanna fall off. I have been fighting to lose weight for the past year with no movement of inches or scale. Running, weights training in all kinds away and controlling my diet but nothing was working so these last 10 lbs are like a god send. Hope to chat.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:40 PM   #67  

tinktina, maybe you can use his month away as extra motivation. like impress him with how much you've improved during his time away. will he be doing Insanity when he's gone?

still nervous about Pure Cardio, which comes tomorrow. i've heard horror stories.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:33 AM   #68  
Weight is Just a Number!

Weirdly enough, Pure Cardio and it's Month 2 counterpart, Max Cardio Circuit, are my favorite Insanity workouts. They are hard, but I like that every minute it's a new exercise.

Also, tinktina, I use this as motivation: I just think about how far I've come and how disappointed I would be if I gave up now, without finishing. That's what has given me the motivation to do it, even though I'm grumbling the whole time.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:08 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 251.5/249.5/140

Height: 5'3"

It's weird, but Pure Cardio is my favorite too. I think it's because there's less repeating of the same workout over and over again.

I love how he says "the s*** is bananas" at the end lol. Makes me feel good to know he gets tired too lol.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:42 AM   #70  
Cat

S/C/G: 198/T/135

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristyjoy View Post
Weirdly enough, Pure Cardio and it's Month 2 counterpart, Max Cardio Circuit, are my favorite Insanity workouts. They are hard, but I like that every minute it's a new exercise.

Also, tinktina, I use this as motivation: I just think about how far I've come and how disappointed I would be if I gave up now, without finishing. That's what has given me the motivation to do it, even though I'm grumbling the whole time.
Congrats on being halfway there! I like the Max workouts better too - more variation. Cardio Core Conditioning is my current favorite (favorite is a relative term
Old 01-20-2010, 10:46 AM   #71  
Weight is Just a Number!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddyfinch View Post
It's weird, but Pure Cardio is my favorite too. I think it's because there's less repeating of the same workout over and over again.

I love how he says "the s*** is bananas" at the end lol. Makes me feel good to know he gets tired too lol.
haha, yeah, I like that too. My favorite part is at the end of the very first Max workout, everyone just collapses on the floor and nobody moves for a bit. Maybe it's all theatrics, but it makes me feel good to know they get as worn out doing it as I do!
Old 01-20-2010, 10:48 AM   #72  
Weight is Just a Number!

P.S.
I just took pictures of myself in a bikini for the "before" photos for Chalean Extreme, and after a month and two weeks of Insanity, I've gotta say I'm not hating what I'm seeing. I'm not loving it, but we have 4 full months before June!
Old 01-20-2010, 11:10 AM   #73  
Cat

kristyjoy - way to go on taking pictures...it's amazing what a difference you will notice in pictures that you can't see every day. Have your abs started to 'come in' If not, you'll see them soon with CLX. I am hoping mine will continue to come - I'm still teething

It makes me feel better too when I see the people in the video struggling - especially on Insanity. It does not make me feel better though when Shaun tells me that he is scared of the workout!
Old 01-20-2010, 11:14 AM   #74  
Cat

P.S. - don't forget to take measurements...it is amazing how many inches you can lose in a month, and I know that for me sometimes I couldn't see it.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:17 AM   #75  
Weight is Just a Number!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catgeraghty View Post
kristyjoy - way to go on taking pictures...it's amazing what a difference you will notice in pictures that you can't see every day. Have your abs started to 'come in' If not, you'll see them soon with CLX. I am hoping mine will continue to come - I'm still teething

It makes me feel better too when I see the people in the video struggling - especially on Insanity. It does not make me feel better though when Shaun tells me that he is scared of the workout!
Not really, I have that "line" down the center, you know what I'm talking about? But, I still have a bit of chunk covering the whole area. I need to work harder on my eating. I'm doing PRETTY well with it, but it's hard when you are working out as much as I am and also I work at a pizza place! I'm always hungry, Ugh! But I'm trying really hard not to eat at work (I've been bringing some snacks with me so when I'm tempted to eat breadsticks, I eat healthy snacks instead or I eat some pickles or banana peppers to satiate my craving for salty).

In other news, today will be the first day I do both Insanity AND Chalean Extreme. I started the first day of CLX on my Insanity rest day, two days ago. So, yesterday was my first CLX rest day and I did Insanity. Now today and tomorrow I have to do both! EEK! Right now, I'm having my coffee and then I'm going to do CLX, clean the house for a while and then Insanity. Wish me LUCK!
Closed Thread