Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 12:23 PM   #676  
Completely INSANE

S/C/G: 180/130/120

Height: 5'4"

dangerous- I am so proud of you too! You are kicking some AS* girl!!! Wtg!!

munstermommy you and dangerous are my hero's with all the extra stuff you guys do on top of this workout I really have to applaud you guys!!

Jessica- WELCOME! My first fit test was the same way... thought I was gonna pass out and choke on my own vomit!! actually after words I was kicking myself thinking "wtf did you just get yourself into"... Honestly thought there was no way I would be able to do the program but pushed though anyways because I was determined not to quit!

Keep up the good work!! You will grow to love it!
Old 09-26-2011, 01:20 PM   #677  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

S/C/G: 168/134/138

Height: 5'6"

Hey Girls!

Max Cardio Conditioning today . I like it since it is shorter lol! I swear though, there are moves in there I don't think I will be able to do EVER at the same speed as the cast members lol! Oh well, keep digging and get through it right?! Hit the gym too, and trained my friend who said she has lost 4 lbs since we started . That made my day! Hope we all have a great week, 3 weeks left until Round 2 is KNOCKED OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's do it girls!

Jessica-I think that feeling is typical of the first day of Insanity lol! Almost everyone I have seen that is "normal" (not currently an elite athlete or sports person) has that same reaction haha! So great job and keep going! It is COMPLETELY worth it I promise you! You will have that same energized feeling as the workout go on too! It is AWESOME .

Melissa- Thanks! I just feel like I have so much more endurance and want to get back into running shape (10k races) and I WANT TO RUN FAST!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL. Before it was enough just to run, and finish, now I want to KICK A$$. I want to win my age division and kick the crap out of other people and I think Insanity has set me up to be able to do just that! You are doing great, keep digging, you are so close to finishing that first round!

Okay ladies, I think I have Max Interval tomorrow, pray for me lol! That one always kills me...59 minutes of Shaun T kicking my butt ahhhhh! DIG DEEPER .
Old 09-26-2011, 09:09 PM   #678  

I stumbled upon this thread via a google search for Insanity weight loss. You ladies have inspired me to keep pushing through this program. I'm actually on Day #43. Month 2 definitely requires digging way deeper but it is totally worth it. I'm not losing as much weight but I've lost inches and notice curves and muscles that did not exist before.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:01 AM   #679  

S/C/G: 248/238/148

Height: 5' 7"

I love reading everyone's posts on here. They're all so motivating. Congratulations on only having 3 weeks left Munstermommy! That's incredible! That feels like so far away to me. I can't wait until I get to that point.
It's about 9pm where I am right now. I did my first workout 15 hours ago, and I'm just now feeling sore.
REALLY sore.
My shoulders and biceps, my calves and hamstrings, my abs, my obliques- EVERYTHING is sore.
I watched the Plyometric Cardio Circuit DVD. I'm going to DIEEE tomorrow morning!
I got exhausted just watching it.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:39 AM   #680  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

Jessica-YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The soreness will fade and you CAN PUSH THROUGH! Hit it hard tomorrow, I will be thinking of you at 545am when I'm busting out max interval. I will send dig deeper vibes your way. GET IT JESS!!!!!!! You can doooooooooo it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-27-2011, 11:03 AM   #681  
Hardwork...Dedication

S/C/G: 156/142/128

Height: 5'6

Default Day 30/ Recovery Week/ Round 1

Hi ladies!

It's been a couple days, so I know it's about time I checked-in.

On Sunday, I skipped my rest day and did Yoga Booty Ballet "Hip hop abs." I don't know why, but I just love that workout. Makes me smile every time.

Yesterday, was my first day of Recovery Week. And all I have to say about Core Cardio & Balance is, it's sooooooo dang slow that I wanted to scream! (Shaun T- What have you done to me? I was desperate for you to scream "Come on yall!" just one time!) Seriously, it was a good workout. I'm just a glutton for pain now.

Today's workout is a 5k on the treadmill and CC & Balance.

munstermommy: Thanks for info on PT. I've only vaguely heard about ISSA, so I guess I have some research to do. I totally agree with you that INSANITY lights a fire under you. I'm in a similar mindset. In the past, I've had the luxury of not having to work too hard to look pretty good. (genetics)

Now that I'm in my 30's, I know I have to work much harder to maintain. Then I discovered INSANITY, and it's like someone turned the light on inside me. I want to kick major a$$! Next year's racing season is going to be too much fun. Cause I know without a doubt I'm going to be in the best shape of my life!

Melissa: Believe me when I tell you, I'm in awe of you and munstermommy! Cause you guys are kicking major a$$ with kids and a hubby! I'm single w/ NO kids! I don't have one good excuse for NOT working out. Except maybe...I'm missing Happy Hour w/ the girls.
Btw: What workout are you on? And how's it going? I enjoy your updates. Maybe I should check your blog. Keep digging deeper!

Jessica and Peachyfuture

Jessica: Girl, I've gonna just tell you like it is. The first week is ROUGH! You will be sore and you're going to question why you ever started. But remember you CAN do it! Maybe not as fast and perfect as Shaun T and his super fit buddies. But you CAN do it! Keep pushing and dig deeper.

Peachy
: I'm glad you stumbled upon this thread! We're an INSANE bunch and super supportive of each other. Stick around and share your journey.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:39 AM   #682  

S/C/G: 248/238/148

Height: 5' 7"

Melissa- I'm definitely having the 'wtf did I get myself into' thoughts right now. And the whole passing out/wanting to puke feeling. I'm glad I'm not the only one.
I'm not going to quit though!
I did my first plyometric cardio circuit this morning.
OH MY GOD it was brutal. I don't think I've ever worked out harder in my life than I did this morning. But I'm glad that I got through it, and I'm SO glad that I have cardio recovery tomorrow. My sore muscles are going to need it.
This forum is definitely keeping me motivated. After my workout, I always think "Man, I can't wait to go on the forum and tell everyone what I did this morning and see how everyone else is doing."
All of my other friends are pretty much naturally thin, so they don't ever really work out- so it's not exactly something I talk to them about. :P
Old 09-27-2011, 12:44 PM   #683  
Completely INSANE

S/C/G: 180/130/120

Height: 5'4"

So I did Max Interval Circuit yesterday and my husband said he wanted to do it with me (never having done one singe day before that)... Normally I would have said H*LL NO, but I figured since he wanted to jump right in and play with the big dogs I would let him LOL... Needless to say he made it about halfway and decided riding his bike in the park might better suit him HAHAHAHAHAhahahahah He was pretty surprised at the intensity... he was even sweatier than Shaun T was at the end (kinda felt bad for him... but only a tiny bit hahaha) He is thinking about starting with me on round two... which is both good and bad, noticed when he was with me working out I REALLY dug deep.. maybe a wee bit too deep... But maybe that's just what I need to get me to the next level...

Wheeeeeeeewww Max Plyo today... my shoulders kill right now hahaha... ONLY 12 DAYS LEFT of round one Wooooooo Hooooooooo Then on to round two...

Hope you guys had GREAT workouts today!!

munstermommy & dangerous, I completely agree with you guys, there is something about this program that just lights a fire under ya... even when I started this I was thinking I'll do it once... not gonna turn into a workout junkie... but I think it has been just the thing I have needed to get me going and keep me going! Already planning on doing so much more after this which is INSANE!

peachyfuture
- Congrats on day 43! This is a tough program!!! I just finished day 51, Can't wait to get to 63 and do it all over lol... We are all a bunch of Insanity nuts here... the more the merrier!!!

Jessica- I feel ya! The first week is honestly hands down the worse... It will get better though (THANK GOD!)... I know what you mean about it being hard to talk to people. All my friends are mostly twigs too... and they all seem to have mega metabolisms... and the ones that aren't don't want to hear about me working out and dieting LOL.... So it is nice to be able to come on here!!
Old 09-27-2011, 01:15 PM   #684  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

Default Week 2/Month 2/Round 2

Hey Girls!

Max Interval Circuit today-OMG that has to be the worst circuit EVER lol!!!!!!!! It is sooooooooooo long and freaking seriously kicks my butt every time! I really don't think that any of the max workouts will ever seem "easy" no matter how many rounds I do or what I add to my workout regimen lol! Hit the gym for cardio and then I did a Pilates class because I realized I need the breathing/core/stretching as a counterpoint to this craziness. It wasn't easy I will tell you that. I am in great shape but it still took a lot of effort to do everything correctly and I am stoked to add it in twice a week . I just realized that I am at a point where everything is a "2" week/month/round lol! That will only happen once . I am thinking after I do another month 2 I am going to get back into race training and man I know I am going to be FAST! I can't wait to hook back up with my training buddies and show them how kick a$$ I am now LMAO!!!!!!!!! Hope you girls had a good morning, and that we all have another good day then...RECOVERY DAY THURSDAY YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!

Melissa
-OMG I can't believe it you are sooooooooo close to finishing Round 1 ! So amazing! I can't wait for you to find out how you feel on week 1 of Round 2, I swear you feel like the most amazing stud on the face of the planet when you bust out Plyo Circuit doing like a million squat jacks lol! You will kick butt!!!!!!!! I am with you for another month of month 2 so I will be here still! I am also going to continue to do Insanity about 3 times a week for cross training when I start running again, probably a few Max workouts and Max Recovery. Keep working woman, you are doing AWESOME!!!!!!

Jessica-Just like Melissa said the first week is the absolute worst, you feel like heck (lol) and every muscle is screaming during each workout. IT WILL GET BETTER!!!! Stick with it and come on here to vent how much you hate Shaun T for kicking your a$$ but how much you love him because you are getting into crazy shape lol! Here's the thing with naturally thin friends-you will be able to say at then end of this that you have completed one of the toughest workouts out there, COULD THEY HAND WITH YOU? HECK NO!!!!!!!!!! So being skinny is one thing, but being in ridiculous, kick your a$$, look at my shiny pretty muscles, you could bounce a quarter off my a$$ or any other part of my anatomy shape is SO-MUCH-BETTER!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Keep it up!!!!!!!!!!

dangerous-Core cardio and balance is a little bit boring, that is why I added some stuff to it for Round 2. I know how you feel, almost put out that there is no yelling, or at least some sweaty pointing through the tv! HAHA! It is nice though to give those muscles a tinsy break, so enjoy it because you KNOW that they are going to get a beating starting 5 days from now lol! Keep working through it and you will get all the excited, butt kicking Shaun T you can handle in a few days lol .

peachyfuture-HELLO! Welcome to our craziness venting thread lol! We love Insanity and we have a lot to talk about . Keep working, don't let that motivation flag you won't regret it I PROMISE!!!!!!!!!

Okay girls, going to get baby girl up from nap and lunch and DS ready for school. Hope you all had a great time digging deep and one more day till recovery yesssssssssss!
Old 09-27-2011, 01:26 PM   #685  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

This thread is waaaaay over the 500 post limit and is now be closed. Please start a new thread.
Closed Thread