Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 08:17 AM   #31  
Cat

S/C/G: 198/T/135

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristyjoy View Post
Oh, and P.S. I also have P90X, so after I finish Chalean Extreme, I want to do a P90X/Insanity hybrid program, so if anyone is interested in helping me develop a really effective hybrid of these two programs, send me a message.
Hi Kristy -

I'm new to the boards and either don't have access or can't figure out how to private message people

I am currently starting week 2 of my P90X/Insanity hybrid. It incorporates several different programs, but at the crux are P90X/Insanity. I find that I need lots of variety in my workouts to stay with the program and so mentally I just couldn't stick with Insanity. I tried for about a month and I found towards the end of the week I was resorting back to other cardio workouts I have.

Let me know if you're interested in seeing what I did. I have a feeling that after doing a full round of Insanity you're going to want to step up the cardio when you start ChaLEAN - I did two rounds and didn't feel like the cardio was quite hard enough. I also added cardio onto two of the weight days.

Hope this helps...
Cat
Old 01-04-2010, 08:24 AM   #32  
Weight is Just a Number!

S/C/G: 217/174/141

Height: 5'5"

I definitely would be interested in what you have been doing. Also, I think when I start doing Chalean Extreme, I might still do Insanity a couple times a week to ramp up the cardio.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:36 AM   #33  
Cat

Here's what I've been doing

Day 1 - Cardio + Abs (e.g., Insanity + Hip Hop Abs/P90X Abs/Turbo Jam Ab Jam)
Day 2 - P90X Chest & Back + 'easier' Cardio (e.g., P90X CardioX/Turbo Jam/One-on-One Cardio Intervals)
Day 3 - Cardio + Abs (e.g., Insanity + Hip Hop Abs/P90X Abs/Turbo Jam Ab Jam)
Day 4 - P90X Shoulders + 'easier' Cardio (e.g., P90X CardioX/Turbo Jam/One-on-One Cardio Intervals)
Day 5 - Cardio + Abs (e.g., Insanity or P90X Kenpo...depends on how I'm feeling + Hip Hop Abs/P90X Abs/Turbo Jam Ab Jam)
Day 6 - P90X Legs and Back + 'easier' Cardio (e.g., P90X CardioX/Turbo Jam/One-on-One Cardio Intervals)

I have found that Insanity 2 or 3 times a week is enough for me right now - mentally I just can't do anymore right now. I have played around with this type of hybrid schedule for about 2 months and have finally found a rotation that I can stick with. The P90X weights will change every month in accordance with the suggested rotation.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:44 AM   #34  
Weight is Just a Number!

Hey, is anyone else currently doing the Insanity program right now? I just started month 2 and I'd really like to find a buddy who is also doing the program to chat about it. Even if you aren't as far along as me or farther along, I'd love to chat with you.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:02 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 214/198/150

Height: 5'6"

^
well, i just ordered it today. just have to wait 5-7 business days!
Old 01-11-2010, 12:06 PM   #36  
Weight is Just a Number!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrgrl View Post
^
well, i just ordered it today. just have to wait 5-7 business days!
Are you excited/nervous? I'll tell you this, it was really intimidating at first, but I'm glad I didn't give up, because I've seen good results and it doesn't seem as hard anymore.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:06 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 217/207/155

Height: 5'4"

Talking New to Insanity

Hey there I got my insanity and am on workout day 5. I have been trying to lose weight for a long time and have had minimal success. I was glad to see this string of posts because insanity is relatively new and there is only a little online about it. I am finding it very challenging but am loving that I feel so excited to do it every day. I love this program.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:03 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 214/198/150

Height: 5'6"

kristyjoy, i am actually pretty nervous. after i purchased it i read some reviews that were basically like, "don't even bother if you're not already in excellent shape." which i certainly am not. so i may need some encouragement after the fit test!
Old 01-11-2010, 08:33 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 217/207/155

Height: 5'4"

Default It's what you make it

Hey there, don't be nervous. I have been training in all kinds of things for along time I tried P90x and others....my husband started this and I was afraid to do it but I tried and modified as I went...I love it...you will never experience a faster more effective work out.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:46 PM   #40  
Weight is Just a Number!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrgrl View Post
kristyjoy, i am actually pretty nervous. after i purchased it i read some reviews that were basically like, "don't even bother if you're not already in excellent shape." which i certainly am not. so i may need some encouragement after the fit test!
I think that most of that is hype. Even Shaun T says during the workouts to go as slow as you need to, get your form right before trying to get your speed up to where they are on the video, and they encourage you to take breaks when you need to. I just take a breather and jump back in as soon as I can. I take less breaks now that I've been doing it for 6 weeks.

One thing. The warm up for these workouts is RIDICULOUS. It's basically 10 minutes of non-stop cardio and it's hard. They try to encourage you to do it non-stop without breaks, but I haven't been able to do it yet. I've been close, but a no-go so far. But yeah, I'm doing the best I can, and I'm seeing results, so I'm not too worried about it.

Also, what I really like about it is that they focus on doing the most you can do. Even the fit test just compares what you can do at first against what you can do as you go on with the program.

So, all in all, yeah, it's hard, but it's definitely do-able if you have the motivation.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:17 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 251.5/249.5/140

Height: 5'3"

Hey kristyjoy. My husband and I just did the Fitness Test today and ohmigawd. I think that could be a workout in itself lol. I think we did well, though. I'm not afraid to modify a move because I used to lift weights back in High School and I know you have to do what you can to not get hurt. So, when they did the Push Up Jacks, which I know I can't do. I simply did as many pushups on my knees as I could and I wrote that down so I will know if I can do one Push Up Jack, I'll be better than I was in the beginning.

Hopefully, I can stick with this even though I have a few knee problems (once again...the weight lifting in high school lol) and a few back problems, but I really want to lose this hundred pounds I have to lose. I have a ticker for it, but I'm too new so I can't make a siggy just yet.

So, I'd like to officially join in on the Insane Chicks group =P
Old 01-12-2010, 03:37 PM   #42  
Weight is Just a Number!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddyfinch View Post
Hey kristyjoy. My husband and I just did the Fitness Test today and ohmigawd. I think that could be a workout in itself lol. I think we did well, though. I'm not afraid to modify a move because I used to lift weights back in High School and I know you have to do what you can to not get hurt. So, when they did the Push Up Jacks, which I know I can't do. I simply did as many pushups on my knees as I could and I wrote that down so I will know if I can do one Push Up Jack, I'll be better than I was in the beginning.

Hopefully, I can stick with this even though I have a few knee problems (once again...the weight lifting in high school lol) and a few back problems, but I really want to lose this hundred pounds I have to lose. I have a ticker for it, but I'm too new so I can't make a siggy just yet.

So, I'd like to officially join in on the Insane Chicks group =P

Eventually there is a LOT of jumping, so you may want to wear a knee brace. I actually can do push-up jacks now, which is pretty exciting.

Today, I quit halfway through my Max Interval Cardio Circuit video, and i'm beating myself up over it. I'm just in a dumpy mood today. Tomorrow I'll re-do it and just extend it another day.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:44 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 251.5/249.5/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Eventually there is a LOT of jumping, so you may want to wear a knee brace. I actually can do push-up jacks now, which is pretty exciting.

Today, I quit halfway through my Max Interval Cardio Circuit video, and i'm beating myself up over it. I'm just in a dumpy mood today. Tomorrow I'll re-do it and just extend it another day.
Yeah, today was day 2 and it was the plyo. Plenty of jumps lol. Tomorrow is Cardio Power and Resistance so I'm sooooo eager to see how that one looks (sarcastic!!). My knee problems I think also stem from my weight, so I've got to grab this double edged sword at some point!
Old 01-13-2010, 03:54 PM   #44  
Weight is Just a Number!

Hey, would anyone like to help motivate me to do my Insanity for the day? I'm feeling really lazy and unmotivated!
Old 01-13-2010, 04:52 PM   #45  
Cat

Quote:
Hey, would anyone like to help motivate me to do my Insanity for the day? I'm feeling really lazy and unmotivated!
You can do it!!! I did Max Cardio Conditioning last night even though I really didn't want to and I felt so much better afterwards. You know that you will feel better, stronger, etc. after you're done. Take more breaks if you need it, but do it.

Sort of related, I am liking the Max versions so much better. Yes, they are longer but I think they have more variety.
Closed Thread