Old 06-07-2009, 01:37 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 173/171/150

Height: 5'6"

I just finished day 1 level 3!!!!! OMG It was SO hard. Hard in a different way than level 2. With level 2 I would get out of breath, but on level 3 my muscles feel exhausted before the 30 seconds or minute is up. This is really going to help me take it up a notch. There's a few moves that I'm not sure I'll ever be able to do unmodified, but that's ok.

I lost another pound and a half!!! I'm almost put of the 150's!!!!!! I'm so excited because I think I'm finally figuring my crazy body out. I looked in the mirror yesterday when I was dressing, and for the first time in a LONG time, I thought I looked good.

Last edited by festivus; 06-07-2009 at 08:42 PM.
festivus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:40 PM   #77  
5K, Here I come!

S/C/G: 150/142/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone, I'd like to join you guys. My name is Jocelyn and I've posted here at 3FC before, but I can't remember my username (or maybe my account was deleted?).

Anyway, my husband and I are starting 30 Day Shred today. We've been doing the Couch to 5K program as well and will be running our first 5K on June 20. I thought it would be fun to have some people to talk to about 30DS.
fitchick1716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 07:25 PM   #78  
is covered in paint

Height: 5'7

fitchick - welcome!

and festivus - that's great news!! congrats! tomorrow is my level 3 day 1 and i am scared! which moves specifically did you find challenging?

the other thing i did today was preview jillian michaels' burn fat boost metabolism. it looked like a 60 minute 30DS to me - it was insane! i was thinking that after i'm done level 3, i might move onto that, but only do 3-4 circuits instead of all 5?
avie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:52 PM   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by avie View Post
fitchick - welcome!

and festivus - that's great news!! congrats! tomorrow is my level 3 day 1 and i am scared! which moves specifically did you find challenging?

the other thing i did today was preview jillian michaels' burn fat boost metabolism. it looked like a 60 minute 30DS to me - it was insane! i was thinking that after i'm done level 3, i might move onto that, but only do 3-4 circuits instead of all 5?
Avie, you can do it, just try to stay open minded! The moves I found most difficult were: sumo squat jumps, rockstar jumps, mountain climbers and jumping lunges. They were exhausting, definitely muscle fatigue. But this level FLEW by compared to level 2.

I want to transition to Jillian's other dvd's when I'm done with level 3.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:32 PM   #80  
is covered in paint

Height: 5'7

that sounds like a lot of jumping for my poor aching knees! i am convinced they are going to get stronger any day now, as my quads get stronger.
avie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:52 PM   #81  
exercising with twins

S/C/G: 220/198/180

Height: 5' 4"

Eeek...jumping...guess I'd better get ready for it...although I've got a bit to go...tomorrow is just my last day of level 1
Sylvied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:29 PM   #82  

A ton of jumping, but not as bouncy as level 1 and 2. My knees are getting worse. They don't always hurt, but they feel crackely which is gross.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:13 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Whoohoo! I just finished day ten of level one! It is the first time I didn't do it first thing in the morning and I was so deep in the rainy day blahs I waited til now to do it, and I almost didn't. If it hadn't been that I have told so many people I was going to do it every day for thirty day I would have skipped it, so thank you, chicks! It was my best shred yet! I even did almost all the pushups and I survived those anterior raises! I feel ready for a new buttkicking tomorrow with level two! Wish me luck!
Secret Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:20 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Whoohoo! I just finished day ten of level one! It is the first time I didn't do it first thing in the morning and I was so deep in the rainy day blahs I waited til now to do it, and I almost didn't. If it hadn't been that I have told so many people I was going to do it every day for thirty day I would have skipped it, so thank you, chicks! It was my best shred yet! I even did almost all the pushups and I survived those anterior raises! I feel ready for a new buttkicking tomorrow with level two! Wish me luck!
Secret Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 06:59 AM   #85  
NOT Aging Gracefully!

S/C/G: 223/ticker/126

Height: 5' 8"

Congrats on sticking with it! Just finished L1 Day 2. Very mad at myself. 3 months ago I could breeze through 30 or pushups easily (modified, but still . . .) Why do I let myself slack off?
jelder227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:54 AM   #86  
exercising with twins

S/C/G: 220/198/180

Height: 5' 4"

That's the only problem I find with exercise videos, you can slack off a bit and no one will notice. I think I've fixed that by working out at the same time as my husband. Not that he would yell or anything if I slacked but just having the presence of another person keeps me from cheating.

I'm on to L2 tomorrow as well... a little nervous.
Sylvied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:28 AM   #87  
I am the lorax.

S/C/G: 215/193/160

Height: 5'8"

festivus~ we are in very similar boats right now. My scale is flirting with 150.5 this morning so I'm hoping to break the 150's this week. I know how excited you must be!

yesterday was level2 day 2 and it almost killed me, "plank position" is a real push for the girl with no upper body strength but after just a day I made some strides and could actually hold the position(not the whole time but I'll be working on that)! Anyway I can definitely feel it in my arms today...
moralitylikeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:09 AM   #88  
I am the lorax.

S/C/G: 215/193/160

Height: 5'8"

today was level 2 day3 and I thought I was going to die, no matter how much I control my breathing I always feel like I'm struggling to catch it. It feels so good when it's over though :]
moralitylikeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:13 PM   #89  

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralitylikeart View Post
festivus~ we are in very similar boats right now. My scale is flirting with 150.5 this morning so I'm hoping to break the 150's this week. I know how excited you must be!

yesterday was level2 day 2 and it almost killed me, "plank position" is a real push for the girl with no upper body strength but after just a day I made some strides and could actually hold the position(not the whole time but I'll be working on that)! Anyway I can definitely feel it in my arms today...
Quote:
Originally Posted by moralitylikeart View Post
today was level 2 day3 and I thought I was going to die, no matter how much I control my breathing I always feel like I'm struggling to catch it. It feels so good when it's over though :]
It's exciting isn't it!! I'm wearing pants that I haven't worn in month's, and my tops are fitting looser I really feel like I'm starting to make progress, which is necessary to keep me moving! Congrats on your loss too!

Don't stress out too much about all of the plank position stuff. It was tough for me at first too. One thing that I found that helped, is if you really try and maintain proper form, keeping your arms as straight and perpendicular to the floor as you can (instead of having your hands out more in front of you). It will increase your endurance faster and will make the moves more effective (it works your abs quite a bit more). You'll get there, by the time I was finished with level 2, I could do those plank moves a world easier than in the beginning!

I think the hardest part about level 2 was that I never felt like I could really catch my breath, and it made me so thirsty!!! It did get better though, and level 3 is completely different! I'm not nearly as thirsty or breathless, just plain tired!
Old 06-08-2009, 05:27 PM   #90  
5K, Here I come!

S/C/G: 150/142/125

Well, we survived Level 1, Day 1! We had intended to start last night, but waited until this morning instead. I'm debating what to do about tomorrow because it's my running day. I think I'm going to shred afterwards because my 5K training is more important to me at the moment and I want to make sure I have plenty of energy for it!
fitchick1716 is offline   Reply With Quote