Old 03-13-2010, 10:17 PM   #1  

Default Suggestions - Calling all Leslie Sansone fans

I love to work out, but I have been sidelined for a while due to a back and sciatica issue. It has improved some, but I still have some issues. I can't do my favorite (kickboxing) any more and I can't lift heavy weights per doctor's orders. He wants me to stay active, though, and recommended I used light strength training. I have a friend who owns a couple of Leslie Sansone DVD's and she said that this might be just the ticket for me. I could really use some suggestions here. I would like something that would really work me hard, though. Some of her more intense workouts.

Thanks,
G
fchsfootballmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hi! Sorry about your back issues. I have only been doing the WATP for a little over a month, so I am definitely no expert. I have, however, much experience with back injuries/ruptured discs/surgeries. As much as you want to get back to working out, I would suggest starting with the one mile walks and going from there. You don't want to risk un-doing all of the healing your back has done. Good luck!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:19 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieDrews View Post
Hi! Sorry about your back issues. I have only been doing the WATP for a little over a month, so I am definitely no expert. I have, however, much experience with back injuries/ruptured discs/surgeries. As much as you want to get back to working out, I would suggest starting with the one mile walks and going from there. You don't want to risk un-doing all of the healing your back has done. Good luck!
Thanks. That's good advice. I have SI joint dysfunction. Over the weekend, it really flared up (okay, I caused it) and I ended up getting an SI joint injection yesterday morning to calm it down. I have been fighting that tooth and nail, but it was just too bad yesterday. The doc doesn't want me to work out for 2 weeks. Yes, I really have to slow it down now.
fchsfootballmom is offline   Reply With Quote